[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mehdi
thank you, but but i am looking for home build one.

WoW, I wish I could build one cheaper than buying one! Shocked
I know prices of used ones in good condition are available.....guess it depends on what you want to spend Lips Sealed

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg195918.html#msg195918

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very true, Goverton. Buying is most often much cheaper than building. One has to consider how much is available for him in his native Azerbaijan though. Some countries don't allow detectors to be imported.

One thing he is doing wrong is asking a generic question about which can go deeper. If he first defined the object in general terms he'd get the best answer. For example, "I'm searching for a metal strongbox about 2' by 3' in size buried around 4' in the ground."

Once you know his true needs, the best advice can be given. There are other variables, of course, and further clarification might be required.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg195925.html#msg195925

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline mehdiTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goverton and GoldDigger1950, thanks a lot for your reply. yes, i can't buy any metal detector in my country so i want to build one that can go deep in the ground for a 50*50cm iron sheet, better than delta pulse!
thanks in advance

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196167.html#msg196167

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goverton and GoldDigger1950, thanks a lot for your reply. yes, i can't buy any metal detector in my country so i want to build one that can go deep in the ground for a 50*50cm iron sheet, better than delta pulse!
thanks in advance

You still haven't told us how deep you expect it to be. Also, if you know the soil type and conditions of the soil, it will help give you the best answer.

One other thing. If you have no skills at using a detector before now, you won't get any serious depth to your search. You need to be able to determine what is a good signal and what is not. There is no magic wand that beeps for what you are seeking and not for other things. You are going to find that anywhere you look on earth is going to be loaded with other things that may confuse your results. More so if you are a novice at this.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196206.html#msg196206

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:39:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You still haven't told us how deep you expect it to be. Also, if you know the soil type and conditions of the soil, it will help give you the best answer.

One other thing. If you have no skills at using a detector before now, you won't get any serious depth to your search. You need to be able to determine what is a good signal and what is not. There is no magic wand that beeps for what you are seeking and not for other things. You are going to find that anywhere you look on earth is going to be loaded with other things that may confuse your results. More so if you are a novice at this.

ok, it must detect 50*50cm iron sheet with 1*1m coil at more than 2/5 meter or max detection depth with 1*1 meter coil for biggest object must be more than 4 meter in air. the soil is mineralize but not matter, i want it can detect in air!!
i was work with some detector and i can say that i can use them to find!! but may be i am not skillful in using the metal detector.
i was built some detector such as surf pi, BRN-1 pi, delta pulse and some others, but they can't detect 50*50cm iron sheet more than 2 meter. i want build one detector that can detect it more than 2/5 meter.
thanks in advance

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196305.html#msg196305

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 07:56:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know what you mean by "in air" if the target is in the ground.

Just about any PI can detect a sheet if iron that big in the ground at 2 meters if you know your machine. If not, you will miss it. Making a bigger coil won't help at all. Everyone who tries to add a bigger coil to an existing machine fails because they forget one important factor. A machine and coil are designed together. The coil is driven by a fixed output amplified signal that cannot supply enough energy to make a larger coil work. It just can't be done. You must redesign the output stage to feed the larger coil. Then, of course, if you put the original coil back on, you destroy your detector.

I advise you to stay away from a PI machine in which you build a bigger coil. Oh, you can do it and even get an output but you will not have any increase in depth. Size alone doesn't make a difference.

Get a two box detector or build one. They will go to depths of 10 meters on such a target.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196333.html#msg196333

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 09:33:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I don't know what you mean by "in air" if the target is in the ground.

Just about any PI can detect a sheet if iron that big in the ground at 2 meters if you know your machine. If not, you will miss it. Making a bigger coil won't help at all. Everyone who tries to add a bigger coil to an existing machine fails because they forget one important factor. A machine and coil are designed together. The coil is driven by a fixed output amplified signal that cannot supply enough energy to make a larger coil work. It just can't be done. You must redesign the output stage to feed the larger coil. Then, of course, if you put the original coil back on, you destroy your detector.

I advise you to stay away from a PI machine in which you build a bigger coil. Oh, you can do it and even get an output but you will not have any increase in depth. Size alone doesn't make a difference.

Get a two box detector or build one. They will go to depths of 10 meters on such a target.

Hi, thank you, this is very supreme answer.
two box, wow 10 meters!!! this is what i want!!! which two box is your mean? any schematic?! or any address that i can find the schematic and pcb to build that.
with many thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196452.html#msg196452

Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 05:44:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Will this help?

you can see schematic of TM 808

Posted on: September 28, 2011, 05:34:40 AM
ck this link for more schematics Great Detecting

Please Register or Login

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=4d050d7cbc0a1a918d7531caac500d54&f=8

Posted on: September 28, 2011, 05:38:47 AM
go here and download zipped file for alot more info on how to build the Whites TM808
 Kiss Shocked

Please Register or Login

http://depositfiles.com/files/8h9tyr9tg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196510.html#msg196510

There are 7 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

TM808BO.jpg
TM808S.jpg
board.jpg
tm808 depth.jpg
tm808.jpg
tm808_board.jpg
tm808a.jpg

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi goverton
thanks a lot for your help, i know TM808 is very good MD and it is a few simple to build the circuit but making and calibration of two coil is very hard, i have not any information about the coils, do you have?!
my friend was built this device but he can't make good coils and can't calibrate so it don't work good Undecided
i wonder to know if here is any info about the coils of TM808 or any other good schematic of two box that i can build it.
many thanks in advance

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196580.html#msg196580

Offline goverton
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 04:32:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please Register or Login

go to this link and download file.  Choose "Free" downloading option. Wait 60 seconds and download file. I think it has what you want!

Please Register or Login

http://depositfiles.com/files/8h9tyr9tg

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27608.msg196584.html#msg196584

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: