[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GeberalTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok good folks, I posted a

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Thread
before asking about the efficiency of the Mountain Goat Trommel + Desert Fox in moving lots of material.

As I stated before I am very new matter of fact I have zero experience but I sensed an opportunity and I want to take it. After seeing the amount of tailings I have to process I am certain the mountain goat + fox will be a joke there even for testing. I am changing the plan to a bit bigger one that seems a bit more reasonable to face the mountains of tailings await me than the initial plan, I am thinking: 1) Keene Vibrostatic Dry Washer 2) Gold Shaker Table mid size (Keene Shaker Table with Magnetic Separator) 3) Panner, I am thinking Keene Automatic Panner will more likely stand the harsh conditions and high volumes.

Do you think this plan will do me good there (please see pix), the good folks there are finding lots of gold using detectors they dig for large nuggets and leave their tailings behind, these hills of material must have decent gold. Judging by the pictures there seems to be lots of clay there :S any tips to deal with that? I imagine the dry washer might not do will with heavy clay!! thought?

I have not purchased the equpiment yet but thinking real soon, please feel free to suggest alternative plans and equipment, I'll very much appreciate any kind of help as I am a total rookie here.

One more thing, I've came across this

Please Register or Login

http://www.angusmackirk.com/product_pages/highbanker.html
very reasonable prices not sure if the stuff is that good or durable, any thoughts on it?

Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137582.html#msg137582

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

06012011357.jpg
06012011358.jpg
20090101319.jpg
20090101322.jpg
Nuggets.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:41:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Most of the equipment you are looking at will depend heavily on water so your ability to truck it in or find it there will determine what you use.

There are a few things to consider. If the property is yours by ownership or lease, you could build a secure building to house equipment and perhaps drill a well for water. If not, you obviously have to truck it all in.

You asked for thoughts, not solutions. If I were to offer a solution, the country you are in looks like drywasher country to me. A separator table with recycled water to process your aggregates would be ideal and not too cumbersome.

One more thing. If they're finding gold with detectors, just keep on doing that yourself. Why go through the extra work when what you have in your hand looks like about a quarter ounce or so. Finding that much in a day isn't bad at all. The occasional nugget patch or larger nugget will have you in chips more often than not.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137659.html#msg137659

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!  Who ever is using the Back hoe for detecting is wasting there time big time.

Who owns the property?  If that's in the US and not on private property, someone is going to be in the Bag on the Rehab, Reclamations.

You just cant leave holes like that on State, BLM or Forest properties in the US.

I would do a push with a Cat front end loader and Detect the Heck out of it.

Like GD said, Were is the Water?

No Water.   Detect or Dry Wash.   Is it Dry?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137669.html#msg137669

Offline GeberalTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

These pix are taken in North Africa, we don't own its all public property but I am allowed to build, water has to be trucked in and recycled.

I'll actually be detecting on the side too, the prob with detecting to my understanding is consistency, you don't always get lucky and I think I'll be better off with consistent supply from dry washing etc..also the folks down there never heard of the stuff I am bringing (all they know is the detectors) if I manage to impress them I can sell tons of equipment to there.

This particular spot in the pix is gold rich hence ppl only detect but many other parts aint as rich and so ppl crush stones, pan and run mercury.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137670.html#msg137670

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:10:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bob Cat!

Scrape, Detect,  Dry wash the pushes.

Sample along the pushes and dry wash the best?

Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137677.html#msg137677

Offline Gramps43
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2121.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Snoop, White's 4900/D & White's Gold Master.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'd go with a small crusher to break things down to about ?" size and then dry wash it.  As GD suggested a recycled water type system could be used to get the fine stuff.  I would speculate that drilling for water could be a pricey proposition assuming there was any under that ground.  Best to stay dry for the most part it would be cheaper and less tempting to marauding bands of un-nice peoples.

Dennis

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20746.msg137706.html#msg137706

It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: