[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuretruth
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you, Luc.  No need to apologise for your English. It is very good. I can't write anything in French!
Blessings!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85199.html#msg85199

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 01:09:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks treasuretruth

At demand of "bomber" that ask me my opinion on the Abb? Sauni?re and what he has hidden.

At first, I'll summarize what is known about him.Berenger Sauniere became a priest and was ordained in 1879. After several successive assignments in his department as Clat, he was assigned as parish priest of Rennes-le-Chateau
in 1885.The Village welcomes its new pastor on June 1, 1885. He is 33 years.

The town has only 300 souls, and to reach it, one must climb about 3 km of winding road. Upon his arrival in the village, he was shocked by the dilapidated state of the church. His debut in the parish are modest: he lives in poverty and dealing as it may, reading, driving

... Upon his arrival, he quickly bind with Mary D?narnaud, her maid, who will follow up to his death. In 1891, Sauniere began work in the church with money lent by the municipality.

Eventually as time passed, he began in 1886 is the most urgent work in the church. These costs greatly surprised, since without the money, he financed this early work. It seems he received a large donation from the Countess of Chambord. Early work allow the celebrant and the faithful to hear Mass at the shelter from the weather. The altar of the church was old bill.

Made from a stone altar partially embedded in the wall of the church, it was supported on the front two pillars of Carolingian invoice. Decorated with tracery and carved a cross, the altar does not correspond to the wishes of the young priest who wanted to have a beautiful church, nor the fashion of religious buildings of the time.

Appealing to local men he decided to dismantle the old altar to realize the establishment of the new. On July 27, 1887, workers move the stone altar and update the summit of the two former pillars. From this episode the facts are complicated. It is said that in one of these pillars, which had a cup, wooden rollers sealed with wax were found. The workers handed the roll to the priest who opens them and brought out of parchment.Another discovery was made
during work in a wooden balustrade, a vial containing a parchment.

Shortly after this discovery, Berenger Sauniere decided to remove the tiles from the heart of the church. Just before the site of the old altar slab of stone, nice size, was placed on the ground. The priest asked the workers to move it. Two surprises awaited them on the one hand, the portion of the slab with its face in contact with the ground was decorated with a beautiful bas-relief depicting a scene showing two knights on their mounts, the other, possibly more interesting at first glance, was a "pot" driven into the ground and containing coins, probably in gold. Seeing the astonished gaze of the workers, Berenger Sauni?re tells them: "These are worthless medals from Lourdes. Besides, it's getting late, we will continue the work later.".

All of his discoveries seem certain. The baluster exists and is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Captier.

The slab called "Dalle des Chevaliers" is currently visible in the village museum. The story of the discovery of the "pot" is established by the corroborating testimony of workers, and the discovery of documents in the baluster and pillar are established by the testimony of carillonneur Captier.

The news was soon known to the village and asked Sauni?re to sell the documents to a museum, the money earned to pay the cost of repairing the church. In 1893, Sauni?re went well in Paris, with the agreement and with funding from the diocese of Carcassonne. He will hold talks with Father Old, director of the church of St. Sulpice, to get the meaning of these documents.

The attitude of the Father is looking more and more strange to the villagers when they realize that it erases the inscriptions in the cemetery set on a very ancient tomb, that of the Marquise de Blanchefort. It will even move the stele. The mayor, shocked by the rampage, asks him to stop. Therefore, the villagers see Sauni?re more often traveling and being away from the village, often for several days. During his travels, he comes with a bag he carries on a donkey.

Another mystery, the priest of Rennes, who previously lived in poverty, began to make a spending spree in his church he now renews his charge. He currently undertaking a complete renovation that will carry to his taste. It was completed in 1897. But the style is very original or even offensive to the taste of other clergymen. Apart from paintings in bright colors and many statues, the font is carved a devil.

The construction and renovations do not stop in so good way. In 1899, he bought six lots on Rennes-le-Chateau, and puts them in the name of her maid, Mary D?narnaud he designates as his principal legatee. The field constructed so far is completed in 1906. He set up a garden, a greenhouse, but also a home: the villa Bethany, a small but luxurious compared to other houses in the village. But his most curious and most famous is undoubtedly the Magdala tower he built at the edge of the hill. This small tower, visited today houses the library. In the villa, it welcomes guests who come from afar, but whose identity remains obscure. If the villa is used to accommodate guests, Sauni?re never lived anywhere but in his presbytery.

If the luxury of sumptuous abbot whisper the villagers, he also cringe that accuses the diocese of traffic in indulgences, that is to say, to divert the money sent by congregations and faithful with whom he is in contact throughout France for personal reasons. It is also lectured by the diocese in 1901 that is to say, under the episcopate of Bishop F?lix-Ars?ne
Billard and will continue to be regularly under the episcopate of his successor Monsignor Paul-F?lix Beuvain Beausejour . In 1910, Sauni?re is prohibited Mass and replaced by another priest. Still living in Rennes-le-Ch?teau, Sauni?re officiates in his villa in the small chapel located in the conservatory where people come to join him, pouting all the masses of the other priest. During the First World War, Sauni?re, who was also unable to recover his church, is being suspected of espionage by some villagers.

He died January 22, 1917. Mary D?narnaud inherits his fortune and his land. It borrows a recluse and lived until 1942 when she first met Noel Corbu. In 1946, she makes a will stipulating Mr and Mrs Corbu legatees of the area where they settle. She was struck, January 24, 1953, a stroke, leaving her mute and paralyzed. She died 5 days later, January 29, 1953,
without uttering a word. She was 85.

For me Sauni?re was not exactly an insider or one who would transmit the secret.

In fact all the elements that Sauni?re discovered were hidden before him. Transmitted from the back of the Templars of the Holy Land insiders familiar with the content thereof.

The secret for me is not money, it would focus on the presence in France of Mary Magdalene and another person. This information has been provided by the Abb? Sauni?re in these encoded messages found by Ben Hammott.

Many flanges information relate in fact to different places in France, mainly in the South, the presence of Mary Magdalene.

It will be too long here related all the details of this case. A corner of the veil could be lifted if the DRAC (Regional Direction of Cultural Affairs) gave its approval to the opening of the tomb discovered in 2009 by Ben Hammott.

Pending the goodwill of that authority, we can only build hypotheses.

Regards

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85203.html#msg85203

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:16:35 pm by Luc »

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice telling Luc.  Smiley I can imagine Sauniere's discoveries were the result of finding hidden notes during construction, and I agree he probably had no idea anything was hidden there, just a broken down old building. Fascinating stuff!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85205.html#msg85205

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 11:20:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Idaho Jones,

I confess that this history fascinates me... Good day to you.

Wink

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85263.html#msg85263

Lucky Luc

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 07:51:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks Luc for the back story,fascinating stuff.what do you think was on that roll to cause him to place a carved devil in front of the church?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85298.html#msg85298

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 09:03:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bomber,

My interpretation is this, should the story play out as some suspect.

Say you are a clergyman sent to a small broken down church unfit for service. In trying to spruce it up you find out that something that is absolute proof of the stories and yet shakes the very foundations of your faith is buried right close by.

Now you have a dilema. Do you bring it out for the world to see and take the chance more will stand on the proof side than those that will feel betrayed by mistruth? Even if the mistruth doesn't totally disprove the story it still could possibly shake the pillars of your faith to the ground.

Perhaps your own faith is irreperably shaken and yet in your hand you hold a key to success. Is this a test by God you might think? Or is it just chance fate repaying me for believeing a lie? Again a dilema.

You know you should hide it away but you just have to keep looking.

Unsure of what you believe you walk the middle ground. Keep that which was hidden still hidden and leave the test for the next soul. Along the way of course you set yourself up in your new lifestyle, as payment for the lie and your silence to the faith you no longer entirely trust.

Placeing the statue of the devil perhaps as warning that in this place Heaven or Hell resides in the hand of he who holds the secret? Or perhaps the Hell of indecision for he who finds it out?

Just my little interpretation of what he might have thought, actual facts may vary....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85306.html#msg85306

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks Idaho,i'm thinking along the sames lines as you,had to be something that shook hes faith pretty heavilly but whos to say that whatever was found was the truth about anything?maybe some lunatic or madman for whatever reason wrote that scroll believeing himself it was true and sealed it up in the pillars..........my point in playing devil advocate here is just cause its old and sealed doesn't mean its true or it might be.unless we know who put it there and for what reason it'll be debatable.............but damn fascinating

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85310.html#msg85310

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bonder and Idaho Jones

I fully agree that Idaho Jones has written what may be the attitude of a man of God heard his foundations are based on a lie, it goes to start with and then reneged on obtaining information, document and who finally gather enough evidence (as he said in his message that moves the body and that this secret is too big for the future men .... Abbot Sauni?re sic) he goes himself to the ground, as bottles in the sea of messages. Messages that I think are his handover to clear his conscience.

When the font supported by a devil, it is perhaps just say, you enter a place or one that is venerated not deserve all this attention. Remember the story of the Templars and their so-called worship of Baphomet ....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85314.html#msg85314

Lucky Luc

Offline treasuretruth
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All.  I feel that Sauniere, having grown up in the area of Rennes, knew the stories of treasure in the area, specificily, the church area itself. Sauniere seems to have been a Martinist and most likely had over lapping memberships in even more occult organizations. I do not believe he was a Catholic, but became a priest with the express goal of finding what what in and under and around the church.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85369.html#msg85369

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bomber you have a very valid point and it's easy to get caught up in speculation. Unfortunately it looks like we have to wait for the tomb to be excavated to say if there was something extraordinary there. What did Mr. Hammott find when his camera fell down a hole?  Shocked

Luc, I for one really appreciate the time you spend bringing this info to us. It's very thought provoking and I enjoy the civil discussion here. One does not usually find that on these subjects Wink I can't wait for this to all come to light, simply because knowing the answers is what drives me to search even more than treasure.

Treasuretruth you could be right, it's hard to believe no one would have heard campfire tales or something growing up in the area. It would take a lot of determination to go through the steps to be placed in that position though. If so I can understand the demolition but not so much the construction unless it was to continue the ruse. Of course men have done so before so it could well be the case.
Perhaps it was a mixture of both prior knowlege and chance?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13470.msg85406.html#msg85406

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: