[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline romeo-1(CMD Exile)Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F-75
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:49:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've only been searching for native artifacts for a couple years but I'm lucky enough to live close to a large camp which was in use for a couple thousand years!  Here are a couple mini frames.  It's a farmed field so most of the finds are broken but some come out whole.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8698.msg54536.html#msg54536

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

points 001.jpg

Offline saoirse
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Spectrum XLT
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:39:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sweet! Some nice finds there. I love to go relic hunting, although I haven't been in a few years. Before I moved to TN, I knew all the farmers for miles around and it was always easy to get permission to hunt the plowed fields. Down here I don't know one farmer - although I know the exist Wink.

We used to always take an old broom stick along - with the broom part broken off - then we could flip over rocks that may be artifacts or not - saved our backs from bending over and picking up stones every few inches. Best time to go is after the field is plowed and right after it rains. Another thing I learned is once you think that a field is hunted out - is the time you'll find the most stuff. There were fields we hunted two or three years in a row and found nothing, then on the third or forth year tons of things would be found. I guess it has to do with the plowing and freezing and thawing that cause the artifacts to make their way to the surface, many in perfect condition. Regarding the broken points, sometimes if you are careful (and lucky) you can find the missing parts oft times relatively close. We have done so on several occasions.

My frames of points are packed away until I can find a new house. I have one exactly like the white triangle one in your top case, top row on the left. Once I stumbled across a huge (7-8") perfect pestle laying in a rut of the tractor lane. It had probably been there for centuries with the tractor or wagon driving over it hundreds of times and no one paid any attention to it until I came along. I like daydreaming about the people that used the things I find and what life must have been like thousands of years ago when they depended on these things to live. Plus I am always amazed at the perfection of the artifacts considering the tools were only other stones and deer antlers. 

I hope you keep posting any new finds you come across. I enjoy seeing what other folks are discovering.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8698.msg54570.html#msg54570

Offline romeo-1(CMD Exile)Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F-75
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:17:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'll certainly keep posting my finds...just waiting for the corn to come down.  I've found the two pieces of a broken point over two years!  I'll get a picture up tomorrow!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8698.msg54756.html#msg54756

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: