[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Moderated means a mod has to ok your post mute means you can not post at all it can last from one day to forever

auminesweeper!  Do you even know what you are talking about!

I am pretty sure you are the only one that doesn't know whats going on. One more insult and well you can figure it out

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150370.html#msg150370

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 03:08:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tesoro dog
gd1950!  Can I ask you why on your very first post/reply to dign4it, you insulted him by saying what he wrote was a " bunch of nonsense " ! Is this anyway to treat a poster/members opinion? Isn't there something about " Free Speech " mentioned somewhere on some papers,, somewhere called Washington D.C.Huh?  This seems like an Attack by You right from the get go!!  How do you explain this?  td

Of course you may ask and I will give you the benefit of a reply.

It was nonsense about bent trees being leads to treasure. They are a natural phenomenon caused by nature, as I said in an earlier reply. There's no need to repeat that. It's still there near the start of the topic.

Most of your upset comes from not being able to read the original post and that has nothing to do with me. I do hope Christian can restore it. Your comment about free speech here needs to be put into context. There is no law that guarantees you free speech on a forum that is a privately owned, world wide forum based in a country other than the USA. Even in the USA, a forum is private is not guaranteed free speech. The owner can grant users that privilege but there is no such right on an international forum.

Christian grants everyone here free speech and demands that we moderators follow his rule on that. He does not want us to delete posts but he does want us to participate in dialog with other users in as free a manner as you do. If anyone is attempting to deny a member the privilege of free speech it's those who constantly nag at the moderators for disagreeing with a member. Yes, as moderators we seem bigger, bolder and braver but we are just users with more experience. We mostly keep down a lot of real arguments via PM or other means.

I've answered that part of your question and I will now answer the rest by going into more detail on the subject of bent trees and other natural collections of rocks and erosion.

People have imaginations and they can impart an image to a natural shape. Walking along one day, you might find a rock or piece of branch that resembles something else. Most of us pick them up, smile at the resemblance and either drop it or put it in our pocket. A very few of us look at it, gasp for air and see a turtle pointing to the east! Oh, my God! It's treasure sign! Some of us see a lovely rainbow and others see a Leprechaun with a pot of gold at one end.

As Seldom, BA and myself often point out, rare is the treasure hidden that has an arrow pointing to it by sign, rock or map. Very rare. When they are found that way, I am often in awe at how stupid the person was who hid it so some stranger could come along later and collect it. They lost their treasure. Didn't they? Is that what you would do? Lose your treasure if you buried one? Would you really put marks in trees or pile rocks up to point to your treasure? No need to answer that one, mate. We both know the answer.

Now, a moment of digression is in order. I want to talk about a related phenomenon that every knows about. Computer viruses. The folks who write them have one goal in mind. To cause as many people upset as they can by destroying data or making a computer unusable. The psychology of the virus writer is intriguing. They write a virus and never see the resultant damage. They might read about the damage but they never see it. Where is their joy? Where is their accomplishment? They can't even admit it was they who did it for fear of being arrested. Those who warn of such viruses and design a cure for them are hailed as heroes. They undo damage that costs billions in total and their efforts rescue the tools of business from the attacks. If someone warns you before you are infected, that's even better!

Back to treasure sign. Nobody here says you cannot believe in their accuracy or veracity. Belief is the key here. You are free to believe what you want to believe. When you or anyone comes along and professes their beliefs by representing them as facts rather than beliefs, others here may follow those tenets and this is the intent of the writer. Saying, "A rock shaped like a turtle is a sign to treasure that is nearby." is not the same as saying, "I believe that a rock shaped like a turtle indicates . . ." You get the idea.

Beliefs that are put forward as facts mislead others. That's a fact in itself. Bent trees are everywhere. Using a tree to mark anything is a temporary thing in the best circumstance. Trees grow, twist and bend naturally and an arrow pointing in one direction might point in a completely different direction in 20 years. Rocks that look like rabbits, faces, turtles or other creatures are everywhere. Using them as sign is just as fleeting. Anyone who has ever kicked a rock or knocked over a pile or rocks would know now that they would have destroyed the so-called sign.

Why do we take the time to refute the claims of others as we do? To save you the same amount of wasted time and effort as a computer virus would cause you. If I remind the readers here that the real cause of a bent tree is natural instead of by the design of someone burying a treasure, I might save them years of anguish. Real life treasure is not like watching a Harrison Ford movie where the heroes never miss a sign and never make a mistake on their way to untold riches. Real life treasure is a small metal box full of notes & coins that were hidden when times were good and never recovered before the person who hid them died or simply forgot about it.

You have two ways to learn things in life, TD. One is to try and then either fail or succeed. This can be a tedious prospect and failing might actually do you harm in some cases. People have died looking in caves for treasure that was never there. The other way to learn is to read and understand the words of others who have tried or learned from others who have tried. You do this all the time when you read a book or do a Google search on how to do something. Why do you discount that same kind of learning here? Why to you assume we are being mean rather than informing you? I suggest that it is because you choose to believe in what you are reading and don't want to even broach the possibility that you might have a false belief.

Posted on: March 03, 2011, 11:04:42 PM
Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
It's about time instead of throwing fuel on the fire you people who like stirring the pot should just stick to talking treasure

this forum is none the wiser for your interventions, if there has been a reason to challenge a post then you should just

wait and see it the out come and maybe you won't have any reason to be on the offensive the moment anyone does'nt agree

with what you say, and this is another thread that has been distroyed by going off topic because of your interuption

It's still very much on topic. This is a hot button issue for some people. Let it play out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150374.html#msg150374

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As Quoted by Tesorodog

auminesweeper!  Do you even know what you are talking about! How do you expect to be able to discuss Treasure,,,, When the first reply is,,, that it is a "bunch of nonsense" that has been written!  What kind of outcome is that?  Wake up Dude!  td

I was refering to the fact that it is hard to comment when someone deletes their own posts, and as for my other comments

they are in refance to people like you, Who serve no purpose here and whos main goal in life is to stand there ranting and raveing

and rattling your sabre's, Three times this past week i have personally posted or approved your threads, I was going to ask the

powers that be was there any reason why this had to continue, you have just ansewerd your my questions,

And offended the one person who actully listerned to your view, I have never had to be so bluntley direct to any one on this

forum , the next time you open your mouth think first, because you've just lost one friend that you never knew you had

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150378.html#msg150378

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:22:57 pm by auminesweeper »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

AU, are you talking to me? From your post, it's hard to figure, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150379.html#msg150379

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

PS,  I'm sorry for not quoting to whom i was talking to

Sorry GD no i was'nt

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150384.html#msg150384

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:30:29 pm by auminesweeper »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 03:35:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

PS,  I'm sorry for not quoting to whom i was talking to

Sorry GD no i was'nt

Thank goodness, mate. I was about to cry into my coffee! Makes it salty.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150385.html#msg150385

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Have some Bickies to dunk , that will sweeten it up Cheesy Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150386.html#msg150386

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 03:45:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

AU, my daughter used to have two apricot colored mice as pets who were named Tea and Bicky. She demanded that I never, ever dunk a Bicky and I have lived by that rule. The question remains, are Tim Tams really bickies? Or are they lollies?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150388.html#msg150388

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think they are bickies, and now i'm gettin home sick Cry Cry Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150394.html#msg150394

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 03:55:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think they are bickies, and now i'm gettin home sick Cry Cry Cry

That's exactly why God invented the Post Office. Shall I send you some?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21770.msg150397.html#msg150397

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: