[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tstoweTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garett Ace 250, White's Prizm II, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm interested in buying an Excalibur II or a custom detector like it. The last ebay auction for an Excal I (not too different from the Excal II) that I watched sold for $600 including shipping so that's the budget I'll put to this. I'll consider an Excal II with accessories though and I'm willing to bargain. A Garrett Infinium LS I won't pay more than $500 for - eBay.com does set the bar.

This will be a primy detector for my wife and daughter to use. They enjoy coming out with me to the beach but don't enjoy the fact that the Ace 250 we use near the water could be damaged and the results show greatly that the Excalibur gets waaay more hits and much better results. I live near a beach in Texas so it must be waterproof or water-proofable and work well in wet sand mineralization.

Send replies via PM or reply here.

TCS

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11234.msg72047.html#msg72047

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:11:21 am by tstowe »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:33:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looks like you already have your shopping list so all you need now is to find one for sale within your budget. By the way, there are better places to buy than eBay.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11234.msg72293.html#msg72293

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline tstoweTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garett Ace 250, White's Prizm II, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:55:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So far I've seen an Garrett Infinium LS go for less than $700 including shipping and a Minelab Excalibur I sell for $600 on the nose including shipping. I also saw a JW Fisher 8x sell for $800ish including shipping. Do you really believe that? You can look at the recent completed auctions to verify that. I want something along the lines of those detectors, to be honest.
I've seen several recent classified ads for Excal Is and IIs under $900 and if I wanted to buy one new without accessories I could get it off of ebay with $20 cash back from ebay bucks and $120 cash back from bing cash back bringing the price down to $1,050 for a shiny, new Excal II. I've had offers of people selling used ones without alkaline packs, pinpointer or anything else for $1,100 so I really don't agree with your statement. Buying one new also gives me a warranty, so unless I can find a deal soon that compensates for that, I may end up buying a new one. =\

I'm willing to pay up to $800 for an Excal II, I could get one right now for $850, about a a year old.
I'm willing to pay up to $550 for an Excal I.
I'm willing to pay up to $600 for a Garrett Infinium LS newer model and $450 for an Infinium LS older model.

That might "break the bank" for some people selling it wanting to recover their money but to be honest if they'd actually used it regularly they've already broken even and are just being greedy for an older detector. Heck, I could get a Fisher CZ-20 for $400 in perfect condition but really would rather have a LS or Excal.

TCS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11234.msg72303.html#msg72303

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tstowe, I mentioned that there are other places better than eBay. Try the Craigslist for your area. Bargains galore.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11234.msg72874.html#msg72874

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: