[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KlondikeIke
Copper Member

I wish every clean up looked like this one
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

H3Tec,n Fisher Gold Bug II
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the note....

I do not know much about that specific area of Alaska... but have heard good things about it.... Hopefully this will help...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE PROSPECTING OR MINNG.. YOU MUST...REPEAT THAT.. YOU MUST... BE WILLING TO BE CONSISTANT IN YOUR WORK ETHICS... EVERY DAY BUST YOUR BUTT... FROM SUN UP TO SUN SET....(In Alaska, that can be about 20 hours a day..if you are willing to work that hard)...If you will follow this one very simple rule.. yet most prospectors grow tired and weary, especially when dredging in cold water without a dry suit...your in the water time each day grows less and less... If you decide to spend ... lets say 8 hours each day in the water.. then do that each and every day... sooner or later, the gold will come...remember... where you might not put in 20 hours days here in the lower 48.. you have a finite amount of time to work your spot on his claim in Alaska.....make the most of each day... you can sleep in when you finally get home......LOL.... but serious about this advice...

But what happens is the excitement wears off quickly, especially if the gold doesn't come right away and one can get rather disappointed rather quickly... put those emotions aside and just keep diligently working the same amount of time each day... and sooner or later, you get into the gold.... ask lots of questions about the high water flows... does the person know where the eddy currents at specific spots you may be willing to try dredging.... where are the inside bends of the streams are AT HIGH WATER TIMES...

Use Goolge earth.. locate the parts of the river you'll be working... on these claims and print a picture of it.... from the air, you'll be able to see where the river has migrated throughout the millions of years...sometimes.. if your Goole Earth photo shows some good steps in where the river has worked its way down a hill side into a canyon, especially on a point where the river is turning nearly 90 degrees... sometimes you will recover some great gold using a high banker just by working the tip of that point...and never have to feel the bite of the cold Alaska waters...

Years ago, when I first prospected areas of Alaska, I used some NASA  low altitude photes, both black and white and color Infa-red imaging... and it was really easy to see the steps and hanging channels on hills sides and points of canyons, ...things and features you most likely will not be able to see from the ground...This is a great prospecting tool...I highly recomend either the IR NASA photos or using Google Earth and printing several photos from different altitudes...

But whatever you do..have fun... and enjoy your trip....and take lots of pictures...and bring back some good gold to show all of us here on TH...,.

Klondike Ike

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14679.msg96221.html#msg96221

Offline Kallurivaanil
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey KlondikeIke I'm moving to Alaska and like to Kayak have any recommendations for rivers?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14679.msg99840.html#msg99840

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: