[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 05:59:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

b79;

Here is some more to go with the circuits.

goldigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg43621.html#msg43621

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

BFO-LCR.txt

goldigger

Offline b79Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 07:25:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

i have forwarded this site to my friend who understand electronic circuit better than me. he will help me build this detector. he may post some questions later.

thanks a lot and Godbless you brian...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg44297.html#msg44297

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 02:50:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

b79;

Oh blush! I  did not do anything.  Shocked

I was thinking, whatever you build, try to get 2 sizes of coils: do the surface, once over, with a small coil.... 15cm to 20cm; then go over it all, again with about a 30cm coil. The small coil will get small, shallow stuff while the bigger coil will get deeper (not so good for small, shallow) even large stuff.

Take a plastic pail and a small scoop or trowel, or foxhole shovel; scoop it into a pan until the detector does not indicate anything then go to the next one. Do this all day, then wash/pan out the nuggets, in the late afternoon, while you sill have good light.  Great

You may want to limit the detecting and scooping to about 6 or 7 hours, to have enough good light left. Here, in summer, we have good light from 5 AM to 9 PM.... (but cold in early morning) just think what you can do with 16 hours of sunlight (I am about 55 degrees north and you are probably about 15 degrees north.... big difference.)  Shocked

There may be a problem with both size coils and that is what is called "hot rocks." Hot rocks  act like metal, some may even have metal, in them but usually not.  Wise

Hang off on the building a detector, there may be something good coming, I am working on a Pulse Induction idea and one of the other forum members is planning to build a BFO that has been redesigned..... if we can work the wrinkles out of it.... he is just learning electronics but has some impressive software. He is analyzing the circuit and has had some problems with the software using the correct components.... it will work out.  Great

If he can get it to function, I/we will send you and your friend an improved diagram. The biggest problem, for you will be making the printed circuit board and getting the components..... got any old TV's you can rip apart, for parts?? Meanwhile, I should get off of my "adipose concretion" and do some building, myself. (adipose concretion.... adipose = fat; concretion = an accumulation of hard material; together = fat a-s. )  Shocked

I need to be out finding my own nuggets!  Coffee

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg44481.html#msg44481

goldigger

Offline b79Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 03:16:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

(adipose concretion.... adipose = fat; concretion = an accumulation of hard material; together = fat a-s. )  Shocked

that's funny Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg44484.html#msg44484

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 03:54:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

b79;

Glad you appreciate it.  Great

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg44491.html#msg44491

goldigger

Offline b79Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

we are at 8 degrees north...

that's a lot of sunlight ha...we only have 12 hrs of sun but we have all weather season you can even sleep at night without a shirt on.

gold has always been with us ever since. gold was even mentioned in the diary of figaffita, the official documentator of Ferdinand Magellan. it was recorded by figaffita when they landed in mindanao that gold were as many as the hair in their (natives) head. even today you can fine a good spot to pan for gold with just a 25 minute ride from the city.

we have its bad side too. like there is one river that i never saw its water cleared. the water is always muddy because of constant hydraulic mining upstream. another is, we can always hear in the papers of people buried and died from collapse tunnel of small scale mining.

with your encouragement, i might start a smart way of finding gold for us here where people for centuries only use panning and crude tunneling.

thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg44509.html#msg44509

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 12:22:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

b79;

Your country sounds similar to Brazil, in South America: lots of poor people, working in very bad mining conditions, for a few dollars, peso or Cruzieros.... what ever it may be.

My grandfather, in the early 1900's, had a small coal mine, about 100 mile (160km) from here, and there were lots of other miners in the same area. They mined from a creek through a point of land, right through into a river valley... right through a huge hill! Its not good.

Using a metal detector will not make a lot of difference, because there will still be people who will do things the old way, but it may help a few from dieing in cave-ins. I have worked underground, but in very controlled conditions, AND I had to have all kinds of health certificates to prove I had no lung problems.

It seems like there is not much regulation, OR not much enforcement of existing regulations.... perhaps too much "cross my palms with pesos," and I will look the other way??

It is not just in your country, though, its the same in some other Asian countries, the muddy rivers, where a bit of gold can be washed with big dredges.

Dredges are illegal, here, you can go to jail, lose your possessions and be fined, if you can not pay the fine, you WILL go to jail. The fish are more important than people, here.

I just started on the forum after being away 2 days, so until I finish it, there is no news about detectors.... I need to set up a test breadboard and test out some of the stuff, I guess.

Do you have any friends or relatives, in Canada?? I do not know them, but I know there is a lot of PI people here. In Dawson Creek, BC, Fort St.John, BC and in Grande Prairie Alberta, there must be hundreds! It may be cool, here, but it seems to be popular, to your countrymen. I have a reason for asking and that is, if you have friends or relatives here, it would be safer than mail, if I were to send you anything.

goldigger.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg45659.html#msg45659

goldigger

Offline b79Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 06:52:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

yes, Philippines is rich with natural resources yet we are poor...
yes, have lots of laws protecting our natural resources yet the plunder continues...
yes, we have lots of professional and skilled workers who found their way to your shores...

why??? i think i know why but im too busy making a living to bother...

yes, poverty and betrayal of public trust by our politicians...

that why...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg45726.html#msg45726

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 08:51:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

b79;

One time I picked op a German immigrant lady, who had horses, she was feeding, near where I lived, and since she had no car, she was hitchhiking back to town.

She said, did I want to hear a German joke?

I said yeess, very cautiously, since I did not know what to expect.

She said:

"The Germans all own the land, the Americans have all the money, and the poor Canadians have to WORK for a living!"  Shocked Shocked

That is the way it is, here, no-one expects to be able to make a living, although some do, from treasure hunting..... remember that, if you ever HAVE to come to Canada, or the US.

Personally, I think there are some bad requirements, for immigrants, they want too much  from people.

I could go for a little more treasure hunting, though.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg46300.html#msg46300

goldigger

Offline b79Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 10:04:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

i went sampling in the creeks today without any detector...started at 10am and done by 3pm...got lots of black sand. a 250ml bottle full of black sand and wights about 1 kilo...why weight that much?

didn't see any color except black but lots of tiny shinning specks too. could there be gold in it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7059.msg46846.html#msg46846

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: