[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldenshamrockTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Sierra Leone
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:52:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Guys, Have just joined. I have a mining concession in Northern Sierra Leone, alluvial placer and dredging. We have a large acreage of mountain and small streams from it, all originating from a gold lode. Have not got funds for that level yet and still trying for funds to mechanise alluvials

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://tiny.cc/gold904
and if you want some pics

Please Register or Login

http://tiny.ccgold280
. No there is a lot of illegal mining by the locals up in the hills, but they just dig away in the stream beds. Had an acknowledged South American geologist on site a few months back and having saw my little detector, confirmed that the area was rip for such activity as quite a few nuggets could turn up using this method. Now I have no experience of the detectors and have sto spend most of my time on the river and creek. I am in UK just now, waiting for river levels to fall.

What I am considering is to invite a truly experienced and fit individual to come over and prospect the hills and share the winnings on a 50/50 basis. We will provide lodging, food, internal transport and labour to assist with digging and carrying. You just to get over. Gold will be legally exported through our company and you can ship your share back with you or receive cash - some nugets of more value I agree. This is not a wind up and I personally will be disappointed if a recovery rate of 1 to 2 troy oz's a day was not recovered. For the genuinely interested I can forward geological map of the immediate area of our concession, together with the mapping results of the gold survey conducted by the Inited Nations just a few years back. You can come for a few weeks or a few months. This is not going to be millionaire stuff, but a healthy income. We also have caves which I am interested in exploring ( on the river ) and some fine waterfalls, cataract areas of interest - dredge can't reach those areas. Happy to furnish more info as so requested. By the By, I'm Irish/Scot a real person - see my pic on tiny - and not some villainous outfit on a scam. Await your responses - or not as the case maybe. Regards Adrian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56373.html#msg56373

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:51:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldenshamrock
Hi Guys, Have just joined. I have a mining concession in Northern Sierra Leone, alluvial placer and dredging. We have a large acreage of mountain and small streams from it, all originating from a gold lode. Have not got funds for that level yet and still trying for funds to mechanise alluvials

Please Register or Login

http://tiny.cc/gold904
and if you want some pics

Please Register or Login

http://tiny.ccgold280
. No there is a lot of illegal mining by the locals up in the hills, but they just dig away in the stream beds. Had an acknowledged South American geologist on site a few months back and having saw my little detector, confirmed that the area was rip for such activity as quite a few nuggets could turn up using this method. Now I have no experience of the detectors and have sto spend most of my time on the river and creek. I am in UK just now, waiting for river levels to fall.

What I am considering is to invite a truly experienced and fit individual to come over and prospect the hills and share the winnings on a 50/50 basis. We will provide lodging, food, internal transport and labour to assist with digging and carrying. You just to get over. Gold will be legally exported through our company and you can ship your share back with you or receive cash - some nugets of more value I agree. This is not a wind up and I personally will be disappointed if a recovery rate of 1 to 2 troy oz's a day was not recovered. For the genuinely interested I can forward geological map of the immediate area of our concession, together with the mapping results of the gold survey conducted by the Inited Nations just a few years back. You can come for a few weeks or a few months. This is not going to be millionaire stuff, but a healthy income. We also have caves which I am interested in exploring ( on the river ) and some fine waterfalls, cataract areas of interest - dredge can't reach those areas. Happy to furnish more info as so requested. By the By, I'm Irish/Scot a real person - see my pic on tiny - and not some villainous outfit on a scam. Await your responses - or not as the case maybe. Regards Adrian

I think this sounds like a good deal, for some one, some one a bit younger than me... If I had seen such an offer 20 years ago, I would  have jumped at it!   Kiss

However, if I had the $$, I would not mind going just for fun!

You do know, I suppose, about the email scams that go: *A bank, in Sierra Leone is holding $1,000,000  dollars that....* for some reason this person can not access and needs cash to access and offer 100 % return.....  Shocked

This is the very first thing that crossed my mind, when I saw your post.  Grin

I had some placer claims on the Nation River, however I decided it was too hard ro develope and dropped them, this pas summer.... but I did keep one where I can go pan or set up a small sluice (suction dredges are illegal, here.) I have been toying with the idea of pay-to-pan, but the safety factor is hard to guarantee, as there are grizzly bears, in the area that might find a tourist to be delicious lunch!  Cry,

As for nugget detecting or nugget shooting as we say, here, I will be doing that here, next year, in a totally different area than my claims, since they only have fine to flour gold.

I am definitely not fit enough, so that would automatically eliminate me, as I have some ruptured discs and a part paralyzed leg, also I am diabetic, and without medication would have to eat protein, constantly!  Grin

Have you ever heard of the Doctor Atkins Diet? It is goooood. All protein.  Kiss

Even though I can not help you out in a useful way, I would like to keep contact and see your results, so would anyone on this forum.... I will be taking lots of photos, next summer and can pass on ideas and results of ideas. A 2 gigabyte SD card holds a lot of photos!

What is the average temperature, in Sierra Leone, in winter? And, I repeat AND, do you have an Internet connection, by land line or satellite? I am sure others, considering your offer, would like to know.

What kind of shots would a person need? How hard is it to get a visa, and for what kind of time periods.

I do know that English and an English Creole is widely spoken, there. What about customs?

I did a Google search on Sierra Leone, last June BUT, I remember very little, now.

Lots of luck.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56559.html#msg56559

goldigger

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:57:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldenshamrock

It sounds that you may be on a good thing but there is many things you need to explain to ease the fears of any investors or partners.

What is the current status of the government and political situation there?

It was not so long ago there was an protracted Civil war in your country.

No fun in getting another souvenir in my neck  Grin

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56575.html#msg56575

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:13:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Goldenshamrock

It sounds that you may be on a good thing but there is many things you need to explain to ease the fears of any investors or partners.

What is the current status of the government and political situation there?

It was not so long ago there was an protracted Civil war in your country.

No fun in getting another souvenir in my neck  Grin

Hardluck  Wink

Hardluck;

It sounds like you are *well travelled.*  Funny

This sounds like a real adventure, I have collected some stuff, some from an SL website and some from the US Embassy site, in SL.  Wise

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56631.html#msg56631

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

SL1.jpg
SL2.jpg
SL3.jpg
SL4.jpg

goldigger

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Sierra Leone

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 05:40:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have just sent a real lengthy reply that appears to have disappeared due to one of the attachments being HTML. If it does not come on as a reply, I will try again in next few days
Now that I have stopped kicking the chair,  Cheesy Cheesy  I am going to provide some additional links as to the Country for security and some geological maps but as links! I appreciate the concerns and skepticism that may be out there and I will address those specifically if again requested. The site specific information is from Mano Resources archived sites; they then held the Exclusive Prospecting Licenses and we had a time getting their consent to release for our own actual mining licenses. Since then they have joined forces with another small cap company and operating in Liberia ( worse than SL ) and Cameroon.

Geology potential

Please Register or Login

www.slmineralresources.org/docs/mano_river_resources2.doc

Geology Map

Please Register or Login

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:phOr3fW1zsYJ:www.manoriver.com/s/Maps.asp%3FReportID

For travel and security

The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Please Register or Login

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/sierra-leone

CIA Factbook

Please Register or Login

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sl.html

For the Governments view

Please Register or Login

www.sierra-leone.org

Please Register or Login

www.sliepa.org/

For a good overview of all things SL

Please Register or Login

www.visitsierraleone.org/

Adrian  Waveing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56670.html#msg56670

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 06:53:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow...just a rational observation here...but, red flags all over the place on this one.

Adrian....for someone who has been in the business for 30 years, might I suggest getting your own domain (website) and have it professionally done up. Stay away from those free blog style websites scammers frequently use. Anybody can put one of those together in a matter of hours and start soliciting for funds on internet message boards.

Rational Observer

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56674.html#msg56674

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Sierra Leone

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:56:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks and Noted. However, most of my time has been in the employ of others. We formed the company 2008 and started ops in June of that year, now with one full season behind us. I hear you well and have checked appropriate domains previously - will act on it in coming days. Suggestions always appreciated.

Adrian Wise
Reflecting upon a few comments posted as replies. For clarification,  I wish to state that it is not my intention to use this forum to raise funds. My primary objective is to see if there are any well experienced individuals out there, willing to use their skills and knowledge of metal detecting and specifically for gold to assist in the possible discovery of gold nuggets in the area of our concessions ( claims ). Interested individuals can help with my ignorance of the matter and benefit on a shared winnings basis. At this time all I cannot fund is the $ air tickets; as the Keene dredge gets moving next month, should be well placed to do that also in New Year. This is to kickstart some of the operations from labour to mechanised. I understand there will still be many questions and concerns and can see many of them coming. All in all, it stems from the geologists visit to the site, my own feelings as to the mountain streams potential, including other areas on lower slopes that may have residual, eluvial and bench/terrace deposits worthy of checking. A short visit of a couple of weeks can confirm or otherwise the value of this exercise and to thereafter establish a more structured association for this type of undertaking.

Adrian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg56685.html#msg56685

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldenshamrock

Please chose any potential partner very carefully as gold and treasure can do strange things to people.

I hope you find what you seek and wish you every success with your venture.

Hardluck.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg57147.html#msg57147

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 09:34:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldenshamrock
All in all, it stems from the geologists visit to the site, my own feelings as to the mountain streams potential, including other areas on lower slopes that may have residual, eluvial and bench/terrace deposits worthy of checking.

Adrian

I was (idly) wondering if you have any potential, there, for alluvial diamonds?

Your geology escapes me, I am used to glacially affected (sometimes multiple,) deposits.  Shocked

I got some very high detail maps, from the U. of Texas... thanks to the CIA.... they show very small details. (Free maps, but huge files of 5 to 6 mBytes.)

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg57151.html#msg57151

goldigger

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Sierra Leone

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 04:45:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Hardluck,

Yes this mining here is a dirty business and not because of the muck on your hands. We encountered jealousy and worse just being granted the licenses we have. Finding good grade deposits generated more animosity and the unleashing of the not so pleasant side of human nature. I have a good team with fellow National Directors, but always you have to be on your toes, with even the Government mines monitors getting their sticky hands involved. Perseverance is key and I thank you again for your best wishes.

Goldenshamrock  Rider
Hi Golddigger,

Sierra Leone has a great mix and wealth of deposits. We are not in an area known for diamonds, but we do occasionally pick up a gem quality stone from pre panning inspection and usually in the range of 0.3 to 0.9 cts. Not going to throw away the salmon when fishing for trout. We have a lot of indicator material associated with diamonds, but the best indicator is the diamond itself.  Further down the creek as it nears the river, there are better prospects as is the river itself. The Keene dredge is set up for gold, but hopefully in the future we can move to gravel pump / missile dredge and then be able to pump gravels to land for processing - trommel, screen and then to jig  and sluice / concentrator, spirals. Same for land alluvials but using excavator and or gravel pump and monitor. Then in a better position to capture majority of materials of economic value.  The fault lines we have on concession are ultra potassic granite intrusions and being in a maffic / ultra maffic area and with the high zircon presence ( 90, 000 ppb ) in the black sands allows for the probability of kimberlite dykes being present; it is understood that only 1 to 2 % of such dykes are productive.

The geology was with reference to the weathering and movement of gold down the slope from its original vein, ultimately ending up as stream / river placer deposits. The area we are in has other interesting products such as titanium and ilemenorutile and rumoured to be U and Pu somewhere in the hills.

If I provide the coordinates would it be possible to have copies of maps you mentioned from U of Tx. Possibly can be sent through WinZip or as FTP

Thanks for your time

Goldenshamrock  :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8950.msg57176.html#msg57176

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: