[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Treasurehunter01253Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

9 function discrminator, Sears discriminator.
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:26:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All,
           Are Antique arms hard to find?, a friend of mine asked me this question several years ago. And the answer to this is no. There are many avenues to find antique arms. Sure You may find one while detecting and that is great!, But there are other avenues as well without
having to go to a dealer, or internet gun auction sites. You can check the local paper in the antique and collectable sections, but youcan face the same situation as going to a Antique Firearms Dealer.
          I have had my best luck at auctions, estate sales, and large antique shows, and large gun shows ( but that is another topic ) Most of the guns you will find at yard sales and and auctions etc are single & doublebarrel shotguns, and old percussion rifles, I bought one at auction for 5.00 because no one wanted it, and it wound up being worth 1,500.00 it wound up being what is called an english fowling piece. Your antique Co-ops are a great place to look as well usally the gun has been there forever and the booth owner isnt getting his investment back he has more than likely purchased the piece for under 100.00. Don,t be afraid to haggle on the price. My advise if you see one at a antique co-op( more than one antique dealer in a large bldg.) ask to se the piece try and memorize all the marks and most importiant the manufacturer and look up its value. and then return if you are interested in said antique arm. I have found that most antique dealers are not all that knowledgeable on antique firearms due to the fact there are so many and sometimes the research can take several hours, and most dont wish to spend that amount of time on research and thier experence is usally in furnature, pottery, etc. My motto along with several others that I know is that arms only increase in value. I have never seen a value go down for anyother reason other than condition. and keep that in mind when you are negoating your price just like a car dealer! take off for scratches dings etc, but dont price yourself out of what could be a great find! I just thought Id share this with the group. and if you have any questions as always just ask , Best Wishes ,,,Rob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3614.msg24910.html#msg24910

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: