[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Treasurehunter01253Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

9 function discrminator, Sears discriminator.
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone,
                     I thought that I would pass along a bit of information on cartridges made long ago. As we all know old civil war used rounds are quite collectable and under the right circumstances can be very valueable as well. A friend of mine several years ago asked me about boxes of ammunition if they were worth anything?. I told my friend it depends on what type of Ammunition it is, and the caliber etc. He informed me that he had purchased several boxes of obsolete ammuntion from a garage sale. He brought them over for me to look at and in the orgional boxes he had various calibers, which included 45.70 US Goverment Rounds, a box of 32 cal s&w rimfire, and a few others that escape me at the moment. But the answer to the question is Yes!! Obsolete Unfired ammunition is worth money!!!! the values of the cartridges varies. However when calculating values it is by each indivual round not by the box. If You have the box it only adds to the value. There are some rounds that are worth over $100.00 each!!!!!. So in an example if You had a box of 25 rounds plus the box the round value would be $ 2,500.00 plus the value of the box which varies upon condition. And collectable ammuntion can be found everywhere and anywhere! just thought Id share this with the group. Best Wishes ......Rob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23700.html#msg23700

Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:25:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

One hundred dollars a bullet, I had no Idea. I will keep this in mind when we go junking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23766.html#msg23766

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi oRo,
         That is for rare cartriges. if You go to a largre book store like barnes & nobel etc and look in under the collectors section they should have a value book on old cartridges, hope this helps You, ( FYI- You can also find old cartridges at gun shows if they have them in Your area)
                                                                   Best Wishes... Rob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23792.html#msg23792

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just picked up 3 paper packages of older rounds, one is .303 Canadian and dated 1898, one is .303 Canadian and dated 1902 ( these are marked "Gallery Rounds) and one pack of 1916 French Label Rounds, alll are very rare and original..also each contains 10 rounds.

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23816.html#msg23816

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:02:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Dean.
           A very nice find You have there, paper cartridges are a bit more difficult to find esp. in the orgional box. did you get them at a gun show, or a private sale?...... Rob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23834.html#msg23834

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:19:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well they came through a flea market dealer that puts all military item aside for me he finds..  MY colllection and hoard are so big that I can no longer get into my 10X10 storage space  or my garage and there is a very small walkway through my downstairs room..I have the greatest supplier in the world..he bought surplus in the early 60s and has a barn, and several Trailers full..trying to get through the stuff..I find a lot of US stuff, however I collect and deal in Canadian WW1 and WW2 items as I know more about that..I have foound radio bits out of B-17s there!!...send me you email addy and I will send photos...I have a very large collection of dug Bullets..1600s to WW2  musketballs ect..love the stuff..and I have had rounds in ten that were CW..back in the day I could buy a Yankee pack of 10 for $100..wish I could do that now!!! LOL

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg23840.html#msg23840

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 01:47:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dean
Well they came through a flea market dealer that puts all military item aside for me he finds..  MY colllection and hoard are so big that I can no longer get into my 10X10 storage space  or my garage and there is a very small walkway through my downstairs room..I have the greatest supplier in the world..he bought surplus in the early 60s and has a barn, and several Trailers full..trying to get through the stuff..I find a lot of US stuff, however I collect and deal in Canadian WW1 and WW2 items as I know more about that..I have foound radio bits out of B-17s there!!...send me you email addy and I will send photos...I have a very large collection of dug Bullets..1600s to WW2  musketballs ect..love the stuff..and I have had rounds in ten that were CW..back in the day I could buy a Yankee pack of 10 for $100..wish I could do that now!!! LOL

Dean

HI Dean.
                      Very nice on your supplier!!! wish I had one like that lol, Ill sned you a Pm with my email address, Best Wishes ,,,Rob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3344.msg57223.html#msg57223

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: