[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Treasurehunter01253Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

9 function discrminator, Sears discriminator.
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:09:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Fellow Treasure Hunters,

I thought that I would share this little tid-bit of information on forgotton Arms, and those that appear to be something other than a Firearm. I like many others love to go looking for Treasures and Antiques in just about anyplace you can think of, from retail shops to auctions, to estate sales. and the stranger it is the better I like it. Well anyway this one piticular day I had read of an up comming estate sale of which I decided to attend. upon arriving I began to preview the up comming merchandise that was about to be auctioned. On the table was a box of old reloading equipment that I decided that I would bid on for a friend who was a collector of firearms. When the box of old equipment finally came around for auction, there wasnt much interest in it. The Auctioneer started the bidding at ten dollars, So i figured what the hell why not, old shotgun shell reloader was worth that at least.
      Well I had the winning bid, and I was happy with my new found auction treasure, after paying my fee for my box I waited around a bit, to see what else would be auctioned. Nothing came up that caught my interest so I decided that I would take my box of goodies and go home. Upon arriving home I grabbed a cup of coffee and decided to go thru the box. it contained mostly old reloading dies, various bullet molds and tools for measuring as well as reloading presses. In the bottom of the box was a old box that was supposed to have a shotgun shell reloader inside. The box felt a bit odd but I figured hey this is older than I am! so lets take a look. Upon opening the box much to my surprise,inside was what is known as a Moores Teete Fire Revolver. which was made in the 1800.s for me it was a great day! even thoses days are usally few and far between I cant wait for the next one to come along!!!!,,,,,,Rob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3063.msg22478.html#msg22478

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:53:36 am by Christian »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: