[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline VikingnedTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:50:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How is everyone?

I know it's been a long time with no posting, but this past year we have been very busy with some very big life changes.

This coming March, 2011, my family and I will be moving from Connecticut,USA to Cebu,Philippines.
         Just this past summer, we where there closing our land deal, where I will begin to build our retirement home. I did bring all my detectors with me, and left them behind. Didn't have any time really, to hunt this past summer visit. But soon that will change and I'm already planning on starting a Detecting Club in Cebu, after our arrival and settling in.  Just a heads up, and hope to meet some others who enjoy the hobby and hunt, as much as I always have.

Sincerely,
           Ned L. CT.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg137976.html#msg137976

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:03:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Vikingned

Goodluck with your move and the detecting club   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg138029.html#msg138029

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:24:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ned, you lucky guy! It's one of my fav places in the phils, and the Cebuanos are a very charming people. Good luck on your move to paradise. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg138044.html#msg138044

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:37:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on your Move!!

{alt}

Don't Forget to Pack Everything !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg138049.html#msg138049
http://centersandsquares.com/files/2009/02/mooving-box.jpg

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 10:11:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Ned, you lucky guy! It's one of my fav places in the phils, and the Cebuanos are a very charming people. Good luck on your move to paradise. Smiley
      Hobbyist,   Thanks for your post, and thank you to all the others.  I notice your in Malaysia Hobbyist.  Hopefully we can stay in contact, I plan on visiting Malaysia, during my time in Cebu. By law, I have to leave the country for 3 days a year, then I can return for my new visa. So I plan on using those days and probably more, for a quick visit to Malaysia, and Thailand is another. Not to mentiong New Zealand and Aussie, oh my, so many choices and great countries to visit from Cebu area...I'm pumped!  Maybe we can hunt together in Malaysia....
           Ned

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg138293.html#msg138293

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Vikingned
      Hobbyist,   Thanks for your post, and thank you to all the others.  I notice your in Malaysia Hobbyist.  Hopefully we can stay in contact, I plan on visiting Malaysia, during my time in Cebu. By law, I have to leave the country for 3 days a year, then I can return for my new visa. So I plan on using those days and probably more, for a quick visit to Malaysia, and Thailand is another. Not to mentiong New Zealand and Aussie, oh my, so many choices and great countries to visit from Cebu area...I'm pumped!  Maybe we can hunt together in Malaysia....
           Ned

Ah yes...the visa run. Over the years I've met quite a few retired US servicemen on board Aleson Shipping's Lady Mary Joy 2 and Danica Joy. They plied the Cebu-Zamboanga-Sandakan (Malaysia) route....pop into Malaysia for a few hours, then take the boat back to the phils for a fresh visa.

If you're thinking of doing the same, keep in mind that those vessels were not meant for open water voyages and are real pukers if your sea legs aren't that steady. I've been mucking about in boats since age 4, so that's no problem. The real problem is when several hundred passengers/deportees around you start filling up the scuppers with pre-digested pancit and lumpia...not nice. Thefts on board are rampant, so unless you have a travel companion to help watch your stuff, I'd advise against bringing any detector with you. I once saw a German chap bring his OKM into his shower stall (a wise move).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg138453.html#msg138453

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Ah yes...the visa run. Over the years I've met quite a few retired US servicemen on board Aleson Shipping's Lady Mary Joy 2 and Danica Joy. They plied the Cebu-Zamboanga-Sandakan (Malaysia) route....pop into Malaysia for a few hours, then take the boat back to the phils for a fresh visa.

If you're thinking of doing the same, keep in mind that those vessels were not meant for open water voyages and are real pukers if your sea legs aren't that steady. I've been mucking about in boats since age 4, so that's no problem. The real problem is when several hundred passengers/deportees around you start filling up the scuppers with pre-digested pancit and lumpia...not nice. Thefts on board are rampant, so unless you have a travel companion to help watch your stuff, I'd advise against bringing any detector with you. I once saw a German chap bring his OKM into his shower stall (a wise move).

Thanks for the heads up Hobbyist,  we are now down to less than 4 weeks, before we head to Cebu.  Just tieing up some lose ends here and making my visits to close friends and sharing our good-byes....We will likely be taking our vacations back to the States, but in the summer time, I"m sick of the winter and snow here.   If you don't mind, we can stay in contact and hopefully we can meet and hunt together some day.  My first 6 to 8 months in Cebu, I'll be very busy overseeing our house build project, but I'll more than likely take some long weekends during that time to relax and enjoy my two favorite hobbys....Fishing and Detecting......

Life is Good!
            Ned

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg144078.html#msg144078

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 02:38:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very cool Ned! Do stay in touch. What we need is a detector that'll GB to salt water and can take on a Shimano trolling reel and 60lb test. Kill 2 birds with one stone. LOL!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg144314.html#msg144314

Offline HobbyHunter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ned. Hope your move goes smoothly. I Have been considering a move since retirement and Cebu is one place in the running.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg145911.html#msg145911

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 09:59:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by HobbyHunter
Hi Ned. Hope your move goes smoothly. I Have been considering a move since retirement and Cebu is one place in the running.
      Thanks HobbyHunter.   Actually, I've been going to and visiting Cebu for about 12 years now. My wife was born and raised on Cebu Island, and I'm born and raised in the USA,Connecticut. We are both retired now and time to spend our lifes, or whats remaining of them, with our family in the Philippines.  I love Cebu and it's people.  We will be in the Toledo City area of Cebu, that is West Coast and directly across the Tanon Strait from San Carlos, Negros Island.   Best part of all, we get to leave this hellish winter behind, and soon ( in two weeks ) I get to go fishing and detecting, year round, and every day if I wish..hehehehehehehe    If you ever visit, just drop me a note, you are more than welcome to visit us and maybe even stay in our place, by the sea, for a stay.....

Again, thank you all for your best travel wishes, and your all welcome to come visit and hunt with me, if you find yourself in Cebu.   
             Vikingned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20809.msg146793.html#msg146793

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: