[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline RodenTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:38:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

we have this project in Luzon, in my cousins property, we found multiple markers/signs when we start digging. First marker was a big white clam, about almost a foot, she was closed and located right in he middle of our hole, just about three feet deep. And thats our first sign. Eveboby was elated, thinking something inside. But only to found out it was filled full of earth. Does it mean something? Ok, we go down further, in about 1 1/2 meter deep we found a cement floor covering our entire hole, that is so hard with a thickness of one foot underneath was a white tiny/little shells. Next marker, on top of that cement floor, you'll see a three lumps like a size eyeball in triagle position about two/three inch apart. Does it mean three deposits? give me feed back as i go down further.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135903.html#msg135903

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After we broke down the cement floor, to our surprise the soil turns into dark blue kind of soil? and its very slippery that your boots slide when you step on it. Im not really sure if thats the kind of soil/land near sea shore. Down to 18 meters. Every meter downwards we encounter cement floors that we need to break through it to get deeper. From that on, we get differnt kinds of markers at different depth, from cements of buddha, jappanese sword, heart, turtles, fish, tiny round cements, stone with circles in the middle. Unfortunately i cant provide you with pictures of all of this because we destroyed them. More than ten cement floors we encountered at the depth of 18/19 meters, and tons of markers.At about 15/16 meters deep, two sides of our hole starts to cave in. To my surprise, on top of the cave-ins was straight slant and when you knock it, it produce a dull sound. When you hit it, big slabs/blocks of that kind of dark blueish kind of soil easily fall.On my mind, deeper of that cave-ins are the deposits. But we ignore it, because we're still getting markers and cement floors. Cement floors by the way are getting thinner and more easier to break down as we go deeper.FYI- nobody among the group knows how to read markers, we are all first timers. We just go deeper and deeper. At this time frustrations gets into us, we've been digging this hard soil, concretes and were not getting anything, except markers. At 17/18 meters our spirits were alive again because we just dug up, guess what? in the middle of our hole, we dug up a mound of big white oysters shells, about 50 shells on one spot. For us, the meaning of this was, this was a long time hole or excavation that somewhere here are the hidden treasures. But unfortunately, we don't know how to interpret those signs and markers. Till the time comes that we got tired and my cousins financial got exhausted too. Then we call it quits. We almost got it! Now i'm here at US, that project can't get off my mind. And at the remote part of my mind, i am considering to continue the project and to finance it by myself. But the other side of myself is saying that it's impossible to retrieve the treasure without the proper tools and knowledge of treasure hunting. Now i'm here at the right place to get opinion form the more knowledgeable people of thunting. Can somebody please help me and provide me how to interpret these signs and markers that i presented. Thank you so much and i hope everyone of us will be successful in our vertures in life.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135955.html#msg135955

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:05:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK!

What is with all the Treasure Signs in the Philippines?

How come the rest of us can't see them or Find them?

We have tons of Spanish stuff around here, Armor has been found in the mountains just out of town.  Stirrups have been found. Mines have been found.  And Yet NO treasure Signs?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135968.html#msg135968

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Roden
At this time frustrations gets into us, we've been digging this hard soil, concretes and were not getting anything, except markers.

For God's sake, mate, these are NOT markers. They are artifacts from human occupation. Do you really believe that people burying a treasure dropped trinkets all over the place just to tease people in the future?

In reading your post, I can see that the next thing you are going to ask for after asking for advice is money to finance your harebrained scheme.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135969.html#msg135969

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If I have ever read a load of crap this must be IT. 18m you really do take us for a bunch of idiots.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135977.html#msg135977

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
OK!

What is with all the Treasure Signs in the Philippines?

How come the rest of us can't see them or Find them?

We have tons of Spanish stuff around here, Armor has been found in the mountains just out of town.  Stirrups have been found. Mines have been found.  And Yet NO treasure Signs?

I don't know Homefire but it seems ever legendary treasure Yammy KGC J James all come down to signs and markers. I can't wait till the pinoys link yammy to the Masons 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg135984.html#msg135984

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This experience of mine is no lies, it's all true and genuine. This happens ten years ago, and i have been living in US for seven years now and I'm not here to ask for financial assistance. Im here to share my experience, in I think right forum, and gain some info from members who had experience actual digging. In addition to that the property is for my cousin and I don't have right or what so ever to negotiate for assistance. So please erase that from any possibilities.

Posted on: January 06, 2011, 07:46:22 PM
And Xavier I can't blame you if you reacted that way, that's your opinion and I have to consider it. But to tell you this, after every meters down you'll see cement floors and in between are artifacts, as he said, so yes until 18/19 meters deep we did. We only stop when my cousin finances were drained and we feel also our hole is not that safe anymore. FYI, I'm not here to ask finances, just sharing experience.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg136025.html#msg136025

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

The "cement" floors you found may merely be a totally natural mix of compressed coral/limestone/sediment/shells. Before you spend a cent on digging anymore, consider sending samples to a geologist for a professional opinion. It may save you time/money/grief.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg136070.html#msg136070

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 03:55:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Roden do you realize what a 19m hole is? you are telling me that you made a hole equivalent to a 6 story building you don't post any photos and by some kind of miracle your 19m hole in damp and unstable soil did not cave in on you not to mention the fact that you did not even have to use a water pump. Well sorry mate I don't believe you. 

Regards xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg136077.html#msg136077

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist, cement has been around for more than 3,000 years. For the rest of this discussion, the items may have been found in a multi-level building buried in the mudslides that are so common in the Philippines. There's no mysterious treasure sign buried at those depths. Those are called artifacts or relics but certainly not treasure sign.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20519.msg136090.html#msg136090

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.