[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldHoundTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:39:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

Just thought I would pass on a quick few notes on 3 detectors used on Bondi Yesterday.

Firstly between the Royal Easter Show, Sydney shopping, rain and 3 children one being 2 yrs old, detecting time unfortunately was reduced to only a few hours. So whilst there was lots found nothing of great value.

The AT Pro seemed to be a iron bottle cap magnet and it was difficult to determine these targets so most were dug. These targets ranged from the 30's up to the high 80's in the target reference range on the same bottle cap. I will say however I was very impressed with the depth of some of these targets which also included keys and the odd coin. Some holes dug were well over a foot deep. The Iron Noise mode worked partly on these caps however depending on the sweep direction the sound was not constant and the signal value changed dramatically, which many would say thats the test, however I have learnt its not wise to ignore such targets as they could well be rings or other goodies of value.

The Ace 350 I would say on the day out performed the AT Pro with many more coins and few bottle caps. It seemed that the detector was more at home in these conditions and in my wife's hands, even the kids found it easy to use in the coin mode. Whilst not as deep as the AT Pro they dug much fewer targets with a target value much higher which wins for me.

The Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 also did well in the hands of my 9 year old son although I wish it had an option to reduce the stem length a little more and I might need to modify it for him.

Overal I have to say per square metre Bondi beach has more bottle caps then any other beach I have detected over the 35+ years I have detected for. So anyone looking to visit this beach be prepared.

However despite the rain the views and place in general are very special, especially to me as I sent my first 12 months of life living there.

Regards,

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23223.msg166614.html#msg166614

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:41:04 am by GoldHound »

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the interesting and informative report.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23223.msg166739.html#msg166739

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good report.   Thanks for the information.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23223.msg167738.html#msg167738

Stringfrenzy

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Weldone goldhound lots of good info there, too many Stubbies been drunk on that beach by the sound of it
good effort keep going Mate

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23223.msg167753.html#msg167753

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: