[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Alan HassellTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:00:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Build Yourself a Sifter
By Alan Hassell
Copyright 1983

Removed by the author

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10915.msg69739.html#msg69739

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:35:44 am by Alan Hassell »
Offline Harold in Fla.
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Excalibur  1000  and  a  xterra 70
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:01:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I  built  me  a  sifter   for  the   water  because  in  the   real   shell   area   it's  hard  to  see  what  you  have  in  your   stainless  steel  scoop,   so  i  took  a   garrett  classifier   and  took  a  noodle   and  measured  it  around   the  edge   and   ran  plastic   tie   downs   about  every    three   or  four  inches   apart   all  away   around   and  tied  a  piece  of  nylon   string   to  it  about  three  foot   or  to   your  likeing,  this  way   when   you  dig  a  scoop  you  just  poor  it  in  the  classifer  and  sift  and  you  can  find  your  find  a  lot   quicker,  just a  little  tip.  Harold in  Fla.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10915.msg70784.html#msg70784

Offline Alan HassellTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Everytime someone makes something or another there will always be someone who can improve the way it works and makes something more efficient thats what treasure huntings all about improvise and overcome thanks Harold nice tip  alan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10915.msg70833.html#msg70833

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Harold in Florida, I've built floating sifters also-mine have been 3" Diameter PVC frames with elbows in corners all glued together and a hardware cloth/wire mesh in bottom either tied on with tie wraps or weaved around with plastic-coated wire. I always use this in calmer water areas and only use my duck-bill scoop in rough surf because the dang floating sifter will never is  where I need it in the rough surf and the thing keeps bumping against me and running away from me the whole time I'm using it. One time a kid grabbed one of my finds out of my floating sifter and took off to show his mommy what "he" found---it was only a penny or dime? But what if it had been a 18k ring with a big ol' diamond on it--ha!  Another time at a beach I heard these kids coming full speed ahead toward me and when I turned to see what all the commotion was about, a teenager came within an inch of getting his foot sliced half off in my longhandled scoop blade--that scared the crap outta me nearly. I cringed as he flew by with his foot so close to that blade that it could have shaved his foot hairs off--Yikes! I just knew I would be sued to crap and back...THANK GOD HE MISSED!!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10915.msg71069.html#msg71069

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: