[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SharenH
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 04:35:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on your finds!!! I haven't taken my MD to the beach yet.  We are hoping to make it to Cresant Beach next month for a weekend of hunting.  I still need to get a sand scoop but I'm still looking for the right one.

Look forward to seeing more finds.  Take care.

SharenH

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12823.msg81507.html#msg81507

Offline species
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 05:15:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by stillsearching
Hi Everyone
 Well we finally made it to the beach, this being the first time any of us have ever been MDing, it was quite a scene. All of our equipment is brand new, we are just learning our MDs, looking just like newbies! My first experience with another hunter came when we went back to the car for lunch, an old timer was walking through the parking lot, seen us, and came right over started talking to us, it was great. The guy had so much info about the area i had to slow him down to take it all in. That in itself made my day! I couldn't believe how helpful he was to us. The day was beautiful, although a little breezy, 15mph wind off the water. We found nothing of value, but i did feel good about taking some trash off the beach. My Titan 2000XD did fine, i had no problem with it, other than the first timer stuff (alot of false signals at first), it did take me about 2 hours to really start to feel confident about what the MD was telling me, and then i started to hit real targets (junk). Here's some pics,
the first one (left to right), brother Bill, me, old timer we met, and brother-in-law Pete. I don't know if the pics will download, i think the file size is too big.

stillsearching

how deep c an you go
sounds fun

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12823.msg81510.html#msg81510

Offline George-CT
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hunt most of the beach's there from Point Judith down to Watch Hill... Usually after storms in the winter months.   Good place to start at for sure.  Plenty of dry sand and water to search.
Read the forums and you will pick up a lot of great tips from other hunters...  Great hobby for sure.  Welcome to the hobby.

George-CT

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12823.msg100932.html#msg100932

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: