[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 11:58:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello JCPinCt . I found all the files and a bunch of photos but they are too big to post here !! I will be happy to e-mail them to you , if you like . One of the zip files I have of the circuit board "lay-out" is 697 kila-bytes which exceeds the 500 kilabyte limit !.......And the final camera pictures of the DBP-2010 are over 1 mega-byte . I have everything you need to complete the project . You can e-mail me at amtech2005@yahoo.com            Waveing............Best Regards......................Eugene52 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg24510.html#msg24510

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline ecdonovan10
Pull Tab

I am a Metal Detective at heart!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 01:33:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have a Whites PI Pro.  I am going to sell it.  Not because it does not work well, it works fine.  I find that with no discrimination in trashy areas you dig a lot of junk.  Also the depth is too much to get the target.  You only have the time from between one or two waves in the ocean to scoop the target.  More time than that you will move or the target will.  I am thinking the Minelab Excalibur II may be better detector for me. 

I have to disagree with this "There is not such a thing as a beach and surf detector ."  This is what I would call a water detector one that can get wet or even submerged and still work.  I would be too nervous to use a detector even in the shallow surf that is not entirely water proof.  My EXP II works fine at the beach and in shallow water, but when the waves are breaking I back up onto the beach.  $1000+ is to much money to risk on an rough wave.

Ed D.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg24606.html#msg24606

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:12:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I know what you mean about waves. Even small waves give a problem when you have to dig deep and fast to recover something small. I hunt an area that has just small waves and some light current too. I have lost a few targets now and then. For me a good discriminate matters, as this water place I usually hunt has old junk metal in it from about 100 years of use. My Aquastar is a great pulse detector, but with no discriminate, it just won't make it in this place. I would be digging holes forever with mostly junk in them. That can be very frustrating and tiring. I am hoping for Eugene to come up with the plans for a good discriminating pulse he has mentioned. I definately have to eliminate iron signals in my search, or at least know which ones they are. That is why for now I use a waterproof Sovereign, it does just that. It just doesn't get the depth and doesn't have the smoothness of a pulse. Sounds like a Excaliber would do you good. As for a beach and surf detector, I agree there are some designed for that multi purpose, and my waterproof Sovereign fits that also.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg24690.html#msg24690

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:17:50 am by JCPinCt »
Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 05:51:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius,
I have both a Fisher Impulse and a Tesoro Tigershark. Both have worked well in underwater, surf and sand conditions. The Sandshark seems to be better at picking up small gold hits, though I have gotten hits with the Impulse that caused 7 foot deep holes to be dug. One was a section of an old paddlewheeler and the other was a 2 foot piece of rebar. I would also pickup a piece of iron the size of a needle 12" deep. Anyway I can't recall if I ever asked you this... Is there a detector out there that can discriminate gold from aluminum? I've been warned that if I discriminate out of aluminum with my Tesoro it will most likely drop any indication of gold also.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25409.html#msg25409

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aquanut . That is the problem we all have dificulties with . If it picks up silver , it does not pick up gold . It has all to do with frequencies . That is why I like my DBP 2010 because it has two filters on it ,  that will discriminate . However it will only discriminate one thing at the time . So , I can set it for gold , and it will register gold , but I will miss the silver . You cannot have it both and expect your detector to work at full capacity . To get somewhere in the middle will let you discover something in the middle .  I can detect a silver coin  but it will skip a nickel . You have to learn to live with these things .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25411.html#msg25411

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man Cornelius,
I didn't expect an answer so soon! How about this senario... I have a site that is supposed to have approximately 30 bars of gold scattered over about a 10 foot by 25 foot area. They may be about 3 feet under a burden of shell and muck. The water depth is only 3-4 feet. The problem is... there are beer cans everywhere. It is near an old fishing hole and I've detected and dredged up beer cans 24 inches down.
After several hours of really tiresome work for this Sixty year old fart, I decided that until I can discriminate out those damn beer cans, that gold can lay there until Hell freezes over. I don't care at this point if a chest full of silver 8 reales is sitting next to it.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25412.html#msg25412

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 04:25:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Aquanut . There are  5 knobs on my detector .   Filter 1 , Filter 2 , Sensitivity , Threshold , Capacity .  If I know I am going to look for gold I will use some junk gold objects and set the detector frequency to detect this commodity .  I may even detect some silver at this setting but certainly no aluminum beer cans . The trouble is that I have to set the detector before I go hunting  but this is something I have to live with . Some detectors do this by turning a knob toward the gold setting but they can never be as accurate as by doing it manually .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25433.html#msg25433

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Cornelius,
At least I know it can be done. Now I'll have to see if my Tesoro Tigershark can be adjusted or modified for this.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25438.html#msg25438

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Aquanut . There are  5 knobs on my detector .   Filter 1 , Filter 2 , Sensitivity , Threshold , Capacity .  If I know I am going to look for gold I will use some junk gold objects and set the detector frequency to detect this commodity .  I may even detect some silver at this setting but certainly no aluminum beer cans . The trouble is that I have to set the detector before I go hunting  but this is something I have to live with . Some detectors do this by turning a knob toward the gold setting but they can never be as accurate as by doing it manually .   Cornelius

What does the Capacity control do? Is it actually a Saturation control, or a Frequency control?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25447.html#msg25447

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 09:44:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

It is a frequency control  . Doing a good job . There is also a ground emitting knob that you have to push everytime you change the setting .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2719.msg25455.html#msg25455

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: