[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline oldmrcrabsTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garret
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

new to metal detecting I've read a bunch of books a lot of charles garretts. he suggested first hunting in you own back yard so I did , :)good thing to because i tore the backyard up! wife was pretty upset first find was a penny then lots of nails screw on wine caps fortunatlly no plumming.never the less had fun next day filled in all the holes. second trip close to home took my son to an old farm house i ran across we i was younger the house was no longer there but i remembered where it was kind of off the beaten path no keep out signs or private propety signs or fences a good spot to give it a go took my son with me he's 17 hard to get time with the kids now that there older. he found a nice little pill box empty but better than nothing. i found a upside down ceramic coated steel bowl so not all bad. third hunt a plce called pirates cove it's on the central coast of california. the history of this cove is that during prohabition it was used to smuggle booze also called cave landing local chumash indians inhabitted the area along time ago but i think the area may have really had some pirate activity because there is a boat landing area carved out of the cliff side with carved steps lots of carving that apear to be very old there is a very old oak tree above the landind that has a very large boulder that was placed there long ago and the tree has grown in around it my son and i tryed detecting around this area but the detector kept reading overload guess i still need more practice. i've tryed resurching pirate activity in or around this area, only thing i could find out is about the spanish shippment twice a year up and down the coast anyone know anything more of pirates cove information would be helpfull?TKS Smiley 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11861.msg76536.html#msg76536

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:18:03 pm by GoldDigger1950 »
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:40:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Oldmrcrabs

Well I can't tell you about pirate activity but what I can tell you is that you should hunt your yard again as I'm sure that you have missed a lot of stuff see when you find junk you must always check again as an object like a coin could have been under that piece of junk.

Xavier

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11861.msg76546.html#msg76546

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: