[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 03:06:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree seldon, I don't carry all that stuff around. I have seen videos where the guy is walking just kicking the dirt and popping out coins every step. All he has is a detector.

In practice for me the bucket hauls my phone and trash. I also go slow and work a small area till I hit coins or get tired of digging trash. I do keep a pin pointer handy as my machine did not come with that function. My spots usually produce clad.

For me, the pin pointer keeps my holes to a minimum. I also pinpoint before I dig as some coins are right on top, I get a false reading if there is more than one target. I also was not finding anything in half of my holes. The pin pointer is pulling out the small piece of wire, or tinfoil. I also use the pin pointer to check rocks, tree stumps, and voids. Its a free three inches, which is half of the average depth of my finds.

Now you wanna laugh, I even have a stud finder with me. I experiment. Add and take things from my bag at random. There are some things I wont put in my bag, but dont discredit others ideas, Im not experienced enough to debate most post here. I am new though, gives me a different perspective.

In open desert, I take a screwdriver with me, till I find an area with targets. I use it to mark the spot, a reference.

People like to know what your doing, so the bucket when in a park lets them pick through the trash. As I get better, I dig more coin than trash. But Im only coming up clad lately. I am trying to break some first. Today was my first nickle, but it was next to trash which probably what I toned in on.

If I was hiking and collecting samples to sluice, I would bring something different. If I was hunting meteorites, I would only need a few items.

My truck is usually within sight, and holds the bulk of what I pack. My military training has taught me to stage what I think I need in line with my work. Guess I was a little too detailed.

I dont have tp or a whistle in my bag yet. I do get allot from the forums, and try to add. Like I keep a silver ring for testing my settings in any one area. I throw it or bury it and see what Im ringing.

Ty for the input.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19873.msg130956.html#msg130956

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline trashdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looks like your well on your way at being a top treasure hunter!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19873.msg130957.html#msg130957

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just building skills. I dont have any great finds to share.....yet. I learn to imagine what was there 50 or so years ago.....then I imagine what other md's would be doing to find the gold. trying to get away from technology and back to the old ways. But the toys do help.

Posted on: December 09, 2010, 03:25:14 PM
Thats the one, can go through all but the toughest of leather and knee pads.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19873.msg130961.html#msg130961

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline halfdollor
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WHITES MXT PRO
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 06:21:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello everyone has very good thought on this all i would add is bug spray if it's that time of the year and a lot of water

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19873.msg131002.html#msg131002

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: