[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 05:42:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

San you could be pickin up black sand, now on the GMT it has section on the meter that measures the black sand, now acording to the manual if you follow thw black sand from one end to the other in 1 area the reading drops and that usually indicates where the fine gold deposits build up, With the MXT in the prospect mode you can do the same by leaveing the machine in auto trac and watch the
ground meter area on the screen where it says GND=?? , you can use the MXT in the relic mode or the prospect mode when prospecting
 also in this mode you've got the iron proberbility meter on both machines. The MXT will give you more choices of places to hunt but
the GMT will not like the Beach because of the high frequency and has no discrimination apart from the iron proberbility meter.

john

Posted on: February 17, 2011, 05:40:51 PM
YES I'm a bit confused by the 12ft bit?Huh?Huh?

john

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21444.msg146304.html#msg146304

Offline sanTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am setting here wandering what is going on.  I am green as can be here and looking to get a better start in this prospecting-treasure hunting thing.  Now it is beginning to appear I am in some kind of strange happening in these holes.  My only equipment is what anyone in the game would probably call more just beginner's stuff. 
   Of course I am interested in all this and will really try to do whatever I can to answer any questions that will help clear-up what is taking place here.   I am just very limited in knowledge concerning these things.  And thanks to interested and helpful persons.
                               san

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21444.msg146318.html#msg146318

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

San don't be confused thats why i told you about these detectors they'll do the hard part and the manuals are a push over no big learning curve, trust the machine the rest will come naturaly, just like normal detecting and no matter what there is always someone
here more than willing to help, If you worry about gettin the machine, the rest you'll learn by digging and from the people on this forum
it's that simple.

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21444.msg146322.html#msg146322

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: