[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cascaTopic starter
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:40:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

New at this, have hunted above ground only. I am curious as what could be found on a ranch, what should I look for, where to start. On the other side of that, what would you expect to find at a saloon say built in the 1800's? This is of course with permission of the owner and private property. My other concern is claims, can a person have a claim on someone elses private property? Should have made these separate post. Trying research out any snags, as I figure Ill be either seeing old buildings, or open area here in New Mexico. Thanks.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128214.html#msg128214

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline Cyberborikua
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:25:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Underground you will find everything from treasures to trash, lots of the latter in fact. In private property you might have to make an agreement with the owner as far as what is found in the property. In old buildings/land or ghost towns you may also find good and not so good stuff. There is no best guidance than what experience will give you. Go for it and wait to see what happens. There is no right order on this, but rather follow your instincts and do a lot of research to pinpoint the best areas. You have come to the right place. Here you will learn a lot from many savyy people from around the globe. Happy hunting.  Detecting

Homefire is an excellent guy and resource and he is from your state!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128215.html#msg128215

Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:27:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yessir, everyone has been very helpful. Homefire I believe has answered several post. I love those pics of your recent work, good find.

Im overwhelmed as to what project to start first. I dont see alot of activity here local, so its not here, or I havent bumped into them yet. But there is alot of places to start.

I may be a out of work truck driver, but my wife works for a realtor, and has done the books for several buisness owners, all of who own ranches, vineyards, and even a converted saloon. We know these people well, like family.

I was worried I would have to travel, or join a club to hunt on gold claims. Thanks to Homefire and others, I have found plenty to do. I really appreciate the pics and stories.

I thank you for the input. I am researching now. Plan to start actually looking at site and do some test digging. I will post. I dont see a permission problem. I am enjoying the research way too much.

Been setting around too much nursing a shoulder injury. Will be glad to get out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128216.html#msg128216

Offline Luc
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:27:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey casca

Welcome aboard and best wishes from France

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128217.html#msg128217

Lucky Luc

Offline Cyberborikua
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:11:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Your wife is a realtor. That's very nice. She wil be able to get you into many interesting properties to try a hunt. I don't believe people selling a property would mind to let you hunt. Also, keep in mind that your detector can find land markers, plumbing, gas lines, wires, etc. with which to make some extra money for the service. Be careful though. Some property owners may have lost treasures hidden in their properties and may hire your services to find them for a share. Many possibilities in your particular case. Good luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Detecting
Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128218.html#msg128218

Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 07:39:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the welcome Luc. I didnt mean my wife was a realtor, she works for a realtor. Im amazed at the finds on here and plan to get out next week if all works out and get started myself.Thanks for the post cyber.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128219.html#msg128219

Offline ivan salis
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ace 250 currently --but used many many others
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 03:09:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

the first step is to figger out --land ownership status -- is the land you want to hunt privately or publicly  owned?  if publicly owned are there any "special" laws prohibiting metaL detector use there?--- if privately owned who "owns" it ? , if possible seek them out in person and ask to hunt "their" land -never trespass.

in the US generally speaking --the land owner owns what is upon / in / under the ground of  his "land" and outsiders can not lay claim to whats on "their" land or remove anything without his agreeing to it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128223.html#msg128223

Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you Ivan, at first I was ready to go outlaw and hope the tickets didnt cost so much. It seems everywhere I looked they dont want you detecting. But there are exceptions to most places, if you want to pursue it. So I took invetory of who I did know, and realized I didnt have to look far. I will need some help with a few of my projects, buts thats down the road. I am having alot of fun researching online who owns what, and what was there 200 years ago. Thanks sir for the answer, as I have many more questions yet.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19539.msg128250.html#msg128250

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: