[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2012, 08:27:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Occassionally
Your going to find a set of these on most hunters.

Maybe thats the problem Oc you running around with hunters and not finders. The folks that have lrl and the like can not show ever finding a thing so why waste your money. Now I will not tell you not to research and try some dowsing heck we have all tried it at one time but it can be done for a few bucks not 1000's.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg237913.html#msg237913

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2012, 08:42:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well there seems to be a business for these types of devices. Is it only the ones made in China you are unhappy about?

Not at all. I've seen inside of most of them. The guts. I'm an electronics engineer who holds patents related to metal detecting. There's not a thing in them that would aid in long distance location of anything. Not even a blade of grass, a boulder or a coniferous tree would be detected. Why? Because none of them contain anything that would receive any information at all. They all contain nothing more than low frequency oscillator circuits. That's it. You can buy the parts for about $3.00 and build your own. You'd get the same zero return from your own circuit as you would from a $1000.00 machine you bought over the Internet or in a store.

Like Seldom and I have said, if you have an ability to dowse for treasure, any of the LRLs are nothing more than glorified "witching sticks" made of plastic and an antenna(s) instead of a hickory branch. A witching stick is the term for any piece of wood that a dowser uses as a focusing agent. If you can dowse, you can get the same result from a branch or a couple of coat hangers. If you can't, then you'll get the same result with or without that LRL. And that's the naked truth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg237914.html#msg237914

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I dont disagree a bit that some of this stuff looks hokey pokey. Some days I could throw a rock and hope. I recently had a change of heart and GD made good sense to get a design and build one. Ill make a video if I go through with it. Been pretty busy lately hunting, yea thats it hunting lol. My VLF post need to be put into another thread. I see a large demand for LRL's very soon. I dont see me ever giving up my detector for anything. As Seldom said, look for the guys who find stuff. Find out what they use. Im gonna try a witching stick. The guys who have bought and took the time to show the fakes, good for you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg237972.html#msg237972

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2012, 08:41:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

I see a large demand for LRL's very soon.

With the financial times ahead being so perilous, I agree but hate to see people throwing away good money that they can use to feed and house themselves on equipment that simply does not work.

To date, there has never been a successful demonstration of an LRL that works. That should end all present discussions but it doesn't. The true believers still dream of finding buried treasure using magic instead of hard work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg237985.html#msg237985

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2012, 09:58:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
With the financial times ahead being so perilous, I agree but hate to see people throwing away good money that they can use to feed and house themselves on equipment that simply does not work.

History repeats itself. Any time the US is in a bad financial times the conman makes money. Back in the 1930's it was treasure maps he was selling when times got better he moved on to used cars and aluminum siding, get rich scams only work in a bad economy but one upping the  Jones works everyday. In the 60's and 70's dowsing took off and dozens of people advertised map dowsing in magazines and news papers. The 70's also saw the selling of silver mine claims all over the county.
LRL's have been advertising in the Treasure mags since the 70's or before  but only in the last 10 years have there been a lot of interest in them why? yea you got it the economy is in bad shape. Over the next few years we will see more and more LRL's and related BS being sold to the gullible. Sad but true.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg237990.html#msg237990

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2012, 06:31:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The guy selling the shovels is definitely having a good year for sure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg238006.html#msg238006

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2012, 02:12:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Lol got that right about the shovels
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg238602.html#msg238602

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline jwms
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 32.0
Firefox 32.0

Awards

homemade pulse type
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2014, 07:21:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all. I would like to chime in on this subject in general. I grew up seeing both sides of the story so to speak. My father was an electronics guy in the USAF. I learned to read the value on a resistor by the old 'bad boys ra*** our young...' when i was 5. ( Did not know what ra**** was but made no difference.) Being a college grad and instructor in the USAF he was pretty smart. I can remember when he had trouble finding water on a farm we bought and he called in a local dowser. "Dig here about 10 feet and you should get a good supply" was the result of about 30 minutes of walking around the area in a grid like search. My father-in-law had a talent for it. Used it several times when a detector could not locate where to dig. In theory, parts of LRL makes sense. Other parts of the "Theory" do not and can not simply because they defy the laws of physics or the principle on which they are based CAN NOT produce the results that are claimed. That the may work up close like a regular detector is a different matter, but long range denotes a distance greater than a conventional detector, say by at least an order. I say to all parties, have a get together and set up a test. Have a person pick a park and bury several detectable items, and all parties get to run a search, marking a map of the area with an "X" (hehehe) AND GPS coordinates WITH NO DIGGING. Each person does this with no other person doing the detecting being able to observe the other. Then everybody gets together as a group, and goes over the results, AS A GROUP.
This way the techniques can be observed by interested parties as to how the tested device is used and its capabilities. Those purporting they work can prove it in front of an interested group, and being open to all who wish to show up, any "CONSPIRACY" can be put to rest as well. Sounds like a good reality show for Myth Busters. The proof is in the pudding. Any takers!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg283720.html#msg283720

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2014, 07:46:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Carl Morland offered something like $50,000 to anyone that could prove they worked.   No one took him up on it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg283721.html#msg283721

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.9
Firefox 32.0
Firefox 32.0

Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2014, 02:27:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I worked for a while with a old geiser that drilled water wells with the old pound-er drill. He had been drilling for around 60 years. When asked about the tilting penknife, pendulum for water he said you can usually find water almost anywhere you dig. I asked him why a well we saw being drilled was at 300 feet and most of the ones we drilled in that area were around 120 feet. Simple, he told me. Drillers get paid by the foot!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4873.msg283749.html#msg283749

Print
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.