[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BarryBTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sears (White's) Coinmaster TR-DISC, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:43:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I bought myself a BH Suicksilver after using my wife's Tracker IV for a few minutes.  I know all the MD snobs are probubly puking right now but I think it is a good deal at the price and I am sure once I learn the machine, I will be happy with it.  The only drawback is the difficulty in pinpointing.  I may need to buy a pinpointer.
BB
Took my new Quicksilver to a Rec Field today to see how it behaves.  I was only there a short time and was getting a lot of action.  Nothing old of course, but was able to pinpoint fairly well except for a piece of thin copper wire that gave me fits.  Found a beer/soda can bottom that was 6-7 inchs down with minimal sensitivity.  Was able to guess what the items/depth were fairly accurately my third time using it.  Very Happy.
BB

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17180.msg110517.html#msg110517

Keep Diggin'

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:58:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tell you the truth Barry I got a Quicksilver I like in the soft sand on the beach.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17180.msg110526.html#msg110526

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline langsy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 04:28:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey barry i have a quicksilver to , its my first machine and i like it . it finds lots of coins for me .
                 langsy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17180.msg119214.html#msg119214

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BarryB
I bought myself a BH Suicksilver after using my wife's Tracker IV for a few minutes.  I know all the MD snobs are probubly puking right now but I think it is a good deal at the price and I am sure once I learn the machine, I will be happy with it.  The only drawback is the difficulty in pinpointing.  I may need to buy a pinpointer.
BB
Took my new Quicksilver to a Rec Field today to see how it behaves.  I was only there a short time and was getting a lot of action.  Nothing old of course, but was able to pinpoint fairly well except for a piece of thin copper wire that gave me fits.  Found a beer/soda can bottom that was 6-7 inchs down with minimal sensitivity.  Was able to guess what the items/depth were fairly accurately my third time using it.  Very Happy.
BB
Quote:Posted by BarryB
BB
BB

Barry, Bounty Hunter has always been a good choice electronically. Lately, they've been skimping on the housing and coils but they work really well. You can pinpoint easier with practice but here's a tip for you. When you find a nice, deep target that seems pretty wide or large, raise your coil up above it until it gets very faint. Make an X across the target and where the sound is faint but clear, your target will be directly below it. To aid you in finding that spot on the soil or grass, put a fluorescent green dot on the center of the coil (tape a piece of black cardboard over the opening) and stare at the dot for a second or two when it's over the target. When you move the coil away, a negative image will be there if you keep your head and eyes focused to the ground as the coil moves away. For a green dot, you will see a red image floating over the spot where you need to dig.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17180.msg119279.html#msg119279

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: