[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:26:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I doubt that many of you are aware of the treasure room that exists (or, USED to exist...it may be gone) at the base of Mount Oread in Lawrence, Kansas.
  One thing that many of you might remember about the City of Lawrence is the massacre that took place there in August of 1863.  Quantrill and his raiders swooped down on the city in the early morning hours, and raped, pillaged and plundered the entire town, leaving up to 200 men and boys dead.
  One fact about this massacre struck me as odd.  The fact that Quantrill and his men assembled atop a hill just south of Lawrence never made sense to me.  I know that hills offer excellent strategic benefits and allows one to "scope" out a town.  But, with the amount of men that Quantrill had, this benefit was not needed.  Also, Quantrill had men riding into the town to give first-hand accounts that confirmed that the town folk were, for the most part, asleep.  On top of that, several hundred guns that had been shipped to Lawrence (to help the folks defend the town) were locked up in the armory (this fact leads me to believe that the Lawrence Massacre was set-up by the politicians of the city). Either way, I wondered just why-in-hell Quantrill would assemble his men atop of Mount Oread.
  Research into Mount Oread revealed to me some very interesting facts, facts that show that there is/or was, a treasure room at the base of mount Oread.  And it is (my belief) that it was this treasure room that made Quantrill assemble on Mount Oread.  You see, Quantrill knew that he and his men were going to be accumulating a whole-lot-of-treasure during the Lawrence Massacre.  One of the first things that he had to do was to make sure that this treasure room was "open and ready" to receive these treasures during and after the massacre. And, once this room was opened, there HAD to be guards around the entire mount to make sure that the room would remain safe during this vulnerable time of being open.  Again, the best place to post look-outs, the best place that offers the best view, is on top of a high hill/mountian.
  It is my opinion that this treasure room, while it may have been carved out just prior to the massacre, that it was an "already existing" treasure room.
  One of things that the Illuminati does in order to protect its treasure rooms is to make the land around a treasure room into a Park (I wrote of this fact years ago).  Another thing that the Illuminati does, that I have never written about, is to create a University over the treasure room, or in the immediate vicinity of the treasure room, thereby protecting the treasure.  I have seen at least five (5) other examples of Universities being built at known treasure room sites.  So, with this knowledge, it should come as no big surprise that The University of Kansas now sits on top of Mount Oread.  This may not sound like much, but look at the time-table.  The Lawrence Massacre took place in August (the 21st) of 1863....and the University of Kansas was founded in 1865!!  They didin't waste much time!!!
  Recently, there was a grand opening of a new business called the Oread Hotel.  This hotel is located next to the campus of the University (how the hell did that happen?? Somebody has some power!!).  That in itself is no big deal.  But get this: the Oread Hotel has a "special" feature it calls "the cave".  While this hotel has nine (9) floors above ground, it also has four (4) floors underground.  Four floors UNDERGROUND!!  How far down would you have to excavate in order to have four floors underground!!  This depth would more than allow for the penetration of the treasure room!!
  In closing, I will say that there is a map in The Library of Congress that shows the location of the opening of this treasure room.  The LoC has more treasure maps available to us than any other source...bar none!!  The only problem is that you must know the codes in order to spot these treasure maps.
  One more thing is this...Jesse James was sixteen at the time of the Lawrence Massacre, and it is doubtful that he participated in the massacre.  However, years later Jesse would tell people that he had "killed 13 people in Lawrence."  Folks, the number "13" is code for "treasure room".  It comes from the fact that the "owl of minerva" will be there to guide you to the covered opening.  "Minerva" is shortened by the Illuminati to the letter "M".  "M" is the 13th letter of our alphabet, hence the reason for using the "13" as a code.  So, with that information, what Jesse was actually saying was that "there is a treasure room at Lawrence".
  Now, whether this treasure room at Lawrence is still intact is another question.  The money may have been removed to......... build another University...or a Hotel...!!!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg106404.html#msg106404

Offline GAA
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Shadow X5
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:52:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hate to contradict your theory, but every first-hand account of the approach of Quantrill's men shows them coming from the southeast, with eye witness testimony of people from Eudora to Franklin. There was no assembly on Mount Oread, as the University was already established on the hill. The escape route is also well-documented (by Connelly, Blunt, and others). Spoils were thrown all along the route, so obviously there was little time to cache them in a "treasure room". Numerous military companies were in hot pursuit, and Quantrill's band, estimated at several hundred, made it back to Missouri by the skin of their teeth. The attack happened at 5:30 am, so it didn't matter where the rifles were. Most victims were dragged out of bed and executed on the spot. This is also the first foray into Kansas by almost every Quantrill man except for himself. Trust me, they had no time to hide any treasure and secure the area.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg107262.html#msg107262

Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

GAA,
  Thank-you for your reply.  I must admit that I expected it sooner.
  You can feel free to contradict anything you wish, that's what makes a topic more interesting...different points of view.  But there are some facts that you have wrong.
  You mention that "There was no assembly on Mount Oread, as the university was already on the hill".  This statement is totally false (on both counts), that is, if I am to believe Wikipedia (just one source for my article about this treasure room).  The massacre happened on August 21st, of 1863.  Yet, it wasn't until November 2nd of 1863 (over two months after the massacre), that then Governor Carney announced that Lawrence had "MET THE CONDITIONS" to get the state university (otherwise it would have gone to Emporia, Kansas).  Building did not begin at the site of the university until September of 1865 (a full two years after the massacre).  So how can you say that the university was already on Mount Oread??  Also, if I am to believe Wikipedia, Quantrill and many of his men DID sit atop (assemble on) Mount Oread just before the four hour massacre began.  Look it up.
  Concerning the escape route.  It was very common for the "men" to go seperate routes.  With as many men that Quantrill had organized, they would have all been riding up each others "rears" in an attempt to escape if they had all taken the same route. 
  Concerning the "loot" along the escape trail...it was a common practice to allow the raiders to take some loot with them as payment.  With the military in hot pursuit it only makes sense that they would have thrown away this loot in order to expedite their escape (to allow their horse to run faster and farther).  Living, but broke, is better than dying a rich man!! 
  As I stated earlier, this massacre lasted for four hours.  It is totally conceivable that, in the very beginning of this four hour massacre, that the bank(s) were robbed first, along with any other place that held wealth (firearms, etc).  Immediately after these places were looted, the loot was taken to the treasure room and "deposited".  All of this was done with plenty of time still left, to go back into Lawrence and continue with the raid, and to take some loot for yourself before leaving (again, it was this "personal" loot that was discarded during the escape).  In other words, there was a plan that had to BE ACCOMPLISHED FIRST (the filling of the treasure room), before the men were free to do what they wanted and to keep what they wanted.  I might add that NOT ALL of the men in the raid were privy to the knowledge of the location of this treasure room.  Only those members of the "family" were allowed to fullfill this "mission" of filling the treasure room.  The rest of the men were there to kill, rape and pillage the town, creating a most effective diversion, while the "family" did their thing.
  As I stated in my original post, I have a copy of a map (that shows the area of Mount Oread before the university was built) and it shows the location to this treasure room, and it is this map that got me to research this treasure room and the story surrounding Quantrill's massacre of Lawrence.  While stories about this massacre may be filled with lies, even Wikipedia may be wrong (I doubt it), the maps do not lie. 
  One more bit of interesting knowledge about this Mount Oread.  The land used for the University of Kansas (Mount Oread) was, at that time, owned (and bestowed) by former Kansas Governor Charles L. Robinson, and his wife, Sara.  Imagine a politician, no doubt a member of the "family", owning this land where a treasure room was established!!!!!!!  Coincidence???
  GAA, once again I thank-you for your input.
  Have a great day!!

I
  GAA,
  One more thing that you mentioned, but I never addressed the comment.  You stated that it didn't matter where the rifles were.(These rifles were brought in to help protect the citizens from Quantrill's wrath.  They were brought in because the town knew that Quantill had plans to " sack the town".)
  My opinion is this: of course it mattered where the rifles were!!!  Had they been in the hands of the town folk they would have stood a chance at defending the town.  Instead, these rifles were in the armory.
  Quantrill was asked, at a later time, why he didn't sack the town on the day that he had planned.  His reply was that he knew that the town was ready (aware)...and that by doing it at a later date he "caught the people sleeping".  Isn't that the truth!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg107543.html#msg107543

Offline jbonz
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites,fisher,ultimate dector
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 12:42:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

>:(you are correct that the university did infact do such act and it is messed up my father worked there for over 20 years and he and a few employees did go down the university elevator quit a ways down and yes there is a mile streatch of 4 person or more wide perfect rounded walking space with light lit up cover with wired mesh there are several tunnels under there one lead to the alan field and one leads under the city hall and another leads to the hotel which was blocked off from key entry no cameras are down there at all and what a nice job you did man.  thumbs up on your research dude.   also ku did infact take that treasure room to there level and it was a set up indeed.  i agree based on the info you gave me and the 5 employees who went on there ku journey in a forbidden area of the campus.  lol great stuff!!! 

Posted on: September 16, 2011, 12:02:18 AM
also one leads to the river wow can you believe that no other gold will be looked for since they got it all who ku man!!!

Posted on: September 16, 2011, 12:04:20 AM
They were not waiting on the dumps of there cache they were waiting to take the treasures with them quintrall and his men on there way thru the tunnels not to dump cache but to take cache of the mother load with them and they could do this at there convience since no one would ever know of this set up and they killed and burned the town and left the big wigs alone all in favor say I.

Posted on: September 16, 2011, 12:38:13 AM
also qunitrall is buried in lawerance to this day. now if your diggin up bones n shit i have to run but if your diggin up gold and stuff and you would like to send a sample my way i would appreciate that as a kind gesture.  i have been searching for gold since age 6. thanks msins2@juno.com to reach me. thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg195321.html#msg195321

Offline jbonz
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

my father says it is the oliver building which will take you down the tunnel to the cave at the campus of ku.

Posted on: September 16, 2011, 12:43:47 PM
also ku has interupted indian areas and dug up and ran off with alot of history in the kansas area as well like the trading post and a few other individual homes in desoto for indian burial they just got the power to do that i guess or people are just that nice either way
it goes they are not right for that. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg195370.html#msg195370

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 02:43:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

jbonz, you have some interesting ideals but without proof are documentation its just  speculation on your part.
Most hardcore treasure hunters and research consider the treasure room stuff peer conspiracy theory's started by armchair treasure hunters like dign4it and others like him.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg195377.html#msg195377

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline jbonz
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 12:45:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

well it so happens i have pictures of this event and it is wow amazing to the history changes coming to the text books.

Posted on: September 18, 2011, 12:40:06 AM
even this is crazy they burned the town of lawerance twice... Detecting Devil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16613.msg195499.html#msg195499

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: