[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #7020 on: January 02, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not sure about the standard 6x10? Maybe back in the day, but they all come with the 8.5x11 DD coil as standard they say these days. But if they did once come standard with the 6x10, thats kinda what I'm getting at when I look for the newer technology meaning change's made in the past few years.  Are the newer machines REALLY that much better. Like Homie said awhile back...He could walk behind me with a non-screen machine if you will, while I use the latest and greatest, and he would probably still pick up better targets with his detector. This leads me back to knowing your machine! As you know I have the Troy Shadow X3. You can't find one for sale except once in while on ebay -CL. I had a guy ask me if I want to sell mine? He, like I. regardless of there age (the shadows) find there great machines. I think its due to the 3 diff. frequency's available to hunt in group out-in's is why they are highly spoken for.  Older machine's don't always there bad. I still feel today (this may change) that I can  squat and dig the target faster than deciding on weather I want to or not by the time it takes me to read and decipher the target on the screen. This may change?  You know what I mean.  

Posted on: January 02, 2015, 01:12:18 pm
What sucks is that if ever anythign go's wrong with the X3, there's nowhere to turn to for parts as they where made for only 3 years I think, many years ago....Hence the reason for newer equipment.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288622.html#msg288622

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7021 on: January 02, 2015, 01:21:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cache
I'm not sure about the standard 6x10? Maybe back in the day, but they all come with the 8.5x11 DD coil as standard they say these days. But if they did once come standard with the 6x10, thats kinda what I'm getting at when I look for the newer technology meaning change's made in the past few years.  Are the newer machines REALLY that much better. Like Homie said awhile back...He could walk behind me with a non-screen machine if you will, while I use the latest and greatest, and he would probably still pick up better targets with his detector. This leads me back to knowing your machine! As you know I have the Troy Shadow X3. You can't find one for sale except once in while on ebay -CL. I had a guy ask me if I want to sell mine? He, like I. regardless of there age (the shadows) find there great machines. I think its due to the 3 diff. frequency's available to hunt in group out-in's.  I still feel today (this may change) that I can  squat and dig the target faster than deciding on weather I want to or not by the time it takes me to read and decipher the target on the screen. This may change?  You know what I mean. 

Yeah For sure, That 8.5x11 should see down beyond 10 12"+, When I detect I Grid an area and make sure I overlap my swings, yet a mate of mine just wonders about swinging the coil and does not find that must although he really knows how the machines inside out, I think this new one will be good once you get to grips with it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288623.html#msg288623

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #7022 on: January 02, 2015, 01:39:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've dug 12" before with what I have.  In most cases I find large rubbish, but ya never know until you dig it. I use the method of raising my coil over a large target and if it still rings at higher level's I move on. My x3 has NOT squalled on a silver dime "at times" at only 5" deep when my buddy's minelab sounded off like a shotgun. I realize it is also due to how the coin lay's in the ground. (on edge for example) I'll just have to test it out myself and see the outcome... I will make a new test garden in the back yard  of targets asap to test my equipment once again...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288626.html#msg288626

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:41:59 pm by cache »

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7023 on: January 02, 2015, 01:47:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've dug 12" before with what I have.  In most cases I find large rubbish, but ya never know until you dig it. I use the method of raising my coil over a large target and if it still rings at higher level's I move on. My x3 has NOT squalled on a silver dime "at times" at only 5" deep when my buddy's minelab sounded off like a shotgun. I realize it is also due to how the coin lay's in the ground. (on edge for example) I'll just have to test it out myself and see the outcome... I will make a new test garden in the back yard  of targets asap to test my equipment once again...

The thing with newer machine is how they finesse searching along with cutting down search times and giving us additional info, along with their run times per set of batteries etc,
These changes are more of a Blend than major advancements.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288627.html#msg288627

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #7024 on: January 02, 2015, 01:58:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree. The word is FINESSE. Fine tuning there machines as time roll's on. Just the reason Troy Galloway got with Tesoro to build his version of a machine, the Tory Shadow. He did well I believe but that was back than. Just like a cell phone...which is the best one, these day's? We still have a rotary dial phone in our house and it work's great, lol  Like a rotary phone, at times we just need to slow down while hunting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288628.html#msg288628

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7025 on: January 02, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree. The word is FINESSE. Fine tuning there machines as time roll's on. Just the reason Troy Galloway got with Tesoro to build his version of a machine, the Tory Shadow. He did well I believe but that was back than. Just like a cell phone...which is the best one, these day's? We still have a rotary dial phone in our house and it work's great, lol  Like a rotary phone, at times we just need to slow down while hunting!

Its Funny you should say that coz I love the whites MXT Range but for the past 3+ years I have been wanting to buy the V3i and it is the all seeing eye so to speak but the MXTs are better for prospecting and have the Best Ground Tracking system,

I like the Knobs on the MXTs and the TDI's etc and I don't like scrolling through Menu's,  Twist a Knob and its done, Just Like you 350 and the AT range I think they are as far into programs as I wish to go,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288629.html#msg288629

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #7026 on: January 02, 2015, 02:55:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The one thing I dislike about the 350 already (and its not even here yet) is that it takes 4 double A batterys where as the x3 use's one 9 volt that seems to last forever. I started out with the Whites line of detector's. I'd still be using them today probably had it not been for a friend of mine offering for sale his X2 and showing me how light it is and how easy it is to use I would of stayed with the White's products until proven other's are better. I started  out around 45 years ago  with a bounty hunter "Red Baron" , lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288634.html#msg288634

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7027 on: January 02, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The one thing I dislike about the 350 already (and its not even here yet) is that it takes 4 double A batterys where as the x3 use's one 9 volt that seems to last forever. I started out with the Whites line of detector's. I'd still be using them today probably had it not been for a friend of mine offering for sale his X2 and showing me how light it is and how easy it is to use I would of stayed with the White's products until proven other's are better. I started  out around 45 years ago  with a bounty hunter "Red Baron" , lol

Well according to some sources the machines that run on 8 AA's run Longer than those that Run on 2x 9v batteries So hopefully this will remain true with your machine,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288635.html#msg288635

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

« Reply #7028 on: January 02, 2015, 03:07:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HUmmmmm, I do believe you may have something there? More batterys...Huh?  MORE HORSEPOWER  Rider 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288636.html#msg288636

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #7029 on: January 02, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It all boils down to watts when it comes to volts and amperage. (Pun intended). Get out your vom and measure the milliamps that the control box consumes. Divide that into the mah rating of your battery (s) and you will get the amount of time your battery (s) will last before they drop down to 70% of their full charge value. That is what you should be comparing.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg288639.html#msg288639

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Print
Pages:  1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: