[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You guys are Welcome , and We will wait and see what Christian say's about the other stuff.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162449.html#msg162449

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Regarding the shop, the module is an old one designed for a previous version of SMF and is not working properly. It is on the list of things to be fixed but does not affect the function of the forums so it is low on the list of priorities. Bearing in mind that this is a benefit, not paid for in cash, the complaint should also take a low priority on your own personal list of life's little grievances. I ask that you be patient, even more than you have been, and when the shop is fixed, it will be an asset.

For the technically minded, it is written in PHP as a module to the SMF software and uses a separate MySQL database. The database has been disabled for quite some time now deliberately to keep members from adding items but unfortunately, the items in the shop inventory still show up and some have spent their points, not money, on the items without fulfillment. I'm sure Christian joins me in asking that you remain patient for a while longer until the rest of the more serious issues are fixed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162456.html#msg162456

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Guys it Appears I did not dig deep enough or do my research,

What I did find out was that Christian closed the bank because it hasn't worked correctly do to whatever software stuff that GD is talking about , and here is the link.

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/site_faq_suggestions_trouble_shooting/shop_bank_will_be_closed_please_remove_your_deposits-t13994.0.html

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162465.html#msg162465

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Bearing in mind that this is a benefit, not paid for in cash, the complaint should also take a low priority on your own personal list of life's little grievances. I ask that you be patient, even more than you have been, and when the shop is fixed, it will be an asset.

I cannot speak for others or on their behalf, but I can certainly be patient. However, I need to know why I should be patient for, besides the fact that it is a benefit not acquired through real cash. Not knowing how the shop feature works or about its software issues, and not receiving a response after a query was made, prompt one to wonder why the items were not expedited once the transaction was made. Now I know, and I'm glad to be clear on the issues so as to be patient.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162476.html#msg162476

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 11:51:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cyber the guys are doing their best to ease this problem and to ansewer you questions, now the rest is just down to Admin

So we will find out in due coares,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162499.html#msg162499

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 01:21:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua
I cannot speak for others or on their behalf, but I can certainly be patient. However, I need to know why I should be patient for, besides the fact that it is a benefit not acquired through real cash. Not knowing how the shop feature works or about its software issues, and not receiving a response after a query was made, prompt one to wonder why the items were not expedited once the transaction was made. Now I know, and I'm glad to be clear on the issues so as to be patient.

I just told you why. It is incompatible with this version of the software so it is inactive at the moment. Apologies.

It HAS been discussed and explained in the past. Just because you started a thread about it doesn't mean it has not been addressed before. It's all right that you didn't see it because it may have been before you arrived here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162511.html#msg162511

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 06:42:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks to GD and the other moderators. Situation clear and I wish the best outcome posible for this excellent forum. Now, I must get busy with digging out treasures and sharing them here.  Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162520.html#msg162520

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:45:39 am by Cyberborikua »
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello everybody! Sorry for not replying to this thread any earlier. Due to being a bit busy right now I will copy and paste my reply which I just did to the moderators board:

--

Hello Guys, again sorry for my absence. I am indeed currently pretty busy right now mainly with family issues as my brother just has lost his job and now also needs a new flat. Besides I am in the last stage of getting a own brand of detectors started which the Admin of

Please Register or Login

www.geotech1.com
and me will be selling in the future.

Now for the shop:

The goods news is that I found out postage has signficantly dropped on 2011! I had sent out half a dozen orders from the shop last month. Postage to the US for one letter used to be Euro 3.00 (about USD 4.00) and is now down to Euro 0.70 so around USD 1.00. That's really cheap. Unfortunately I also had to find out USPS has gone nuts. I got some stuff shipped to me from the USA and had t pay several hundred USD in postage ..

I will get back to these members and see if I have missed out on anything.

I also need to re-do the shop concept in the future. My idea is to offer more "expensive" but quality items. Right now there is lots of stuff whioch is rather cheap but not really worth the postage. That is sending a coin worth 10 cent to the USA at USD 4.00 postage was not really worth the effort.

Best wishes,

Christian

--

A couple more things:

1. Everybody who did buy something from the shop please eMail me what you bought along with your shipping address and I will get the item out to you

2. GoldDigger is not 100% right on the software. Infact this shop software does work with our forum software version BUT the checkout is a bit tricky. If you don't complete it, the item will still remain up for buying (by others)

This and the fact that the shop and its inventory is also run on my German language detecting community unfortunately led to the problem of the very same ite having been bought multiple times by different members while the available quantity was likely limited.

The checkout process would need to be improved but the shop plugin is currently on the back burner / bottom of my to do list.

So sorry to everyone who has expirienced any inconvinience.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162543.html#msg162543

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Weldone Boss Dude fer clearing that up and weldone Karl for raiseing this Issue and seeing it through

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162552.html#msg162552

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 01:01:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the update Christian.  You're doing great.  Keep up the good work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22783.msg162567.html#msg162567

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: