[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline downhomediggerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer SX, Garrett Ace 250 & 350
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is not the first or even second atempt to make a post here . I have made three or four and for some reason they aren't added as posts.
it seems to me just a little strange that you have to make five posts just to be a full member and it's nearly impossible to figure out how to make one post when there is no place to make a post with out going to someonelses post to make a post and then it doesn't show when you do.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg128155.html#msg128155

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:07:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by downhomedigger
This is not the first or even second atempt to make a post here . I have made three or four and for some reason they aren't added as posts.
it seems to me just a little strange that you have to make five posts just to be a full member and it's nearly impossible to figure out how to make one post when there is no place to make a post with out going to someonelses post to make a post and then it doesn't show when you do.

Keeps the "spam bots" away    Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg128157.html#msg128157

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bottom of each page is a quick reply window type in your massage and hit post or bottom left of last post is a reply button click it and a new window will open put in your post and hit post. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg128161.html#msg128161

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline downhomediggerTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer SX, Garrett Ace 250 & 350
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:36:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ok that is what i was doing, I thought, but maybe not doing it right, thanks alot

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg128169.html#msg128169

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 03:10:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As with most modern software, there is more than one way to make do anything. Making a post here is no exception. Using the area below the last post is the Quick Reply feature as Seldom pointed out to you. Just at the top edge of any message, there are two ways to respond.

The Quote feature allows you to quote the post you wish to reply to. This is very useful in very long threads where you can select one of many posts and make it clear you are responding to a specific one. Otherwise, your wise words may be lost at the end when you are trying to reply to post number 3. One small tip. If you are replying to only a small portion of the post, you can use your mouse to highlight the area you want to quote before you select the quote button. When you do that, only that small portion of the reply is quoted.

The Reply button gives you a new screen with a blank area in which to make a post. This is the full reply which allows you to add attachments to your reply and other good things.

Both of these last two open the full WYSIWYG editor where you can change fonts and do all sorts of formatting. Using the full editor also allows you to embed images and videos from outside sources. Another way to get to that editor when you are in the Quick Reply box is to select the Preview feature. That takes all of what you have already typed and puts it into the WYSIWYG editor and previews what you have written so far.

At both the top and bottom of any thread is a New Topic button for starting a brand new topic inside of the existing forum. You can change the forum in the New Topic WYSIWYG editor if you want to make your topic in another discussion area. In the blank editor screen you get for a Net Topic you have no subject information and can change the board in which the message is posted. The board defaults to the one you were in when you selected a new topic but you can change it at that time using a pull down list of all the boards here in which you can post.

I hope this helps you in the future.

WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg128307.html#msg128307

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline chip
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

where does it say how to make a post,i cant find it

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg132548.html#msg132548

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
As with most modern software, there is more than one way to make do anything. Making a post here is no exception. Using the area below the last post is the Quick Reply feature as Seldom pointed out to you. Just at the top edge of any message, there are two ways to respond.

The Quote feature allows you to quote the post you wish to reply to. This is very useful in very long threads where you can select one of many posts and make it clear you are responding to a specific one. Otherwise, your wise words may be lost at the end when you are trying to reply to post number 3. One small tip. If you are replying to only a small portion of the post, you can use your mouse to highlight the area you want to quote before you select the quote button. When you do that, only that small portion of the reply is quoted.

The Reply button gives you a new screen with a blank area in which to make a post. This is the full reply which allows you to add attachments to your reply and other good things.

Both of these last two open the full WYSIWYG editor where you can change fonts and do all sorts of formatting. Using the full editor also allows you to embed images and videos from outside sources. Another way to get to that editor when you are in the Quick Reply box is to select the Preview feature. That takes all of what you have already typed and puts it into the WYSIWYG editor and previews what you have written so far.

At both the top and bottom of any thread is a New Topic button for starting a brand new topic inside of the existing forum. You can change the forum in the New Topic WYSIWYG editor if you want to make your topic in another discussion area. In the blank editor screen you get for a Net Topic you have no subject information and can change the board in which the message is posted. The board defaults to the one you were in when you selected a new topic but you can change it at that time using a pull down list of all the boards here in which you can post.

I hope this helps you in the future.

WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

Right here Chip

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg132559.html#msg132559

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 02:55:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think he was pulling our chain, Seldom.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg132638.html#msg132638

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline chip
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi, yes this  is a strange way to make a post.i just about gave up.thank you.chip

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg157085.html#msg157085

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 10:22:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by chip
hi, yes this  is a strange way to make a post.i just about gave up.thank you.chip

Wellm simply press the "New Topic" button for starting a new topic ... or use the Reply Button / or quick reply for replying to an existing topic.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19531.msg157151.html#msg157151

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: