[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline nadTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Modified Vaquero,Silver UMax,1266X
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:13:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for keeping Lee's board up..We used to hunt together 87 to 91 in North Dakota, and pulled some"against all odds" finds.Lee told me his Grandfather worked in the bottle plant in Carrington,and he was searching for a blob top Carrington soda. There were 4 known at that time. At a dump site I threw him a perfect Carrington blob..He wanted to buy it, and how does one buy a bottle that his Gramps made and now owns? I told him I'd find a Devil's Lake soda, and I did.. What are the odds? And ,that was just one adventure. The way I learned he was dead is also a trip in the unprobable.  At Killdeer, we may have found the massacre site, need to finish writing it up, thank you many times again NAD Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4506.msg29152.html#msg29152

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:55:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Nad!

I'm stunned to hear you were friends with Lee Franzen! Eventhough I never met Lee in person, he became a good friend of mine. I got to know him several years before his death and still have a silver coin he which he had sent me as a gift back then. He was a really great person.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4506.msg29155.html#msg29155

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:50:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Nad and a big welcome! How great to have a hunting partner of Lee's on the forum! I never met him in person either, but he immediately became a close friend and I felt I'd known him forever. I still think of him and was just looking at some things he sent me yesterday. Obviously, a delightful surprise to see your post today. He was a good man & I wish I'd have had the opportunity to hunt with him. Totally neat that you found those bottles. Smiley Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4506.msg29210.html#msg29210

Offline nadTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Modified Vaquero,Silver UMax,1266X
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:06:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After the dump hunt and the bottles,we had to be at his place for Supper.While at the dump I picked up three  small saucers and three cups from a very old childs play set. If anyone has ever had a meal there, the water is served with the meal, coffee and desert after.When Mrs Franzen was bringing out the coffee, I put those tiny sets on the table. She collected them and got quite a kick out of it.Lee got into treasure hunting after retiring from the local police force. He became a security guard at the local college,and started reading the local history books. He said the events happened locally,  there has to be something left,and bought a metal detector.I think was a Tesoro dealer. We panned and found gold in No Dak, where there ain't any, and nearly got eaten alive while the gold was being sloshed out of our pans.. I have two flakes in a vial some place.. All kidding aside, Lee and I were total opposites, but, together , we could do the impossible..One of these years, I'll post some pictures.Thanks for stirring up the memories..Cordially Nad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4506.msg29221.html#msg29221

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: