[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline OkletseeTopic starter
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« on: December 20, 2010, 11:20:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was writing about my posts being moved and left the computer for a couple of minutes.  When I returned I had been timed out.  Maybe because I have not reached my 5 postings yet which I am now trying to do.  Anway, I was surprised that my posts got moved, and that it happened so fast.  Either a robot is on the job or there is a really fast moderator with a keen eye on board.  Now I did post this one here because I wasn't sure where to post, and I hope I am not in trouble for not choosing the right places to post.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20162.msg132701.html#msg132701

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:33:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

No worries. When we find a posting which might fit better in a different board a moderator will move it and the members gets a notification. E.g. this posting will get move to the Trouble Shooting board.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20162.msg132708.html#msg132708

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

That's never a cause for trouble, mate. Welcome aboard.

Sometimes a post is moved when it is attached to someone else's post at the end. We move it to a new topic all by itself so people can welcome you.

The timeout issue is a setting in your preferences for your own browser, not here. There are cookies which are placed on your computer which have a lifespan on there to keep your browser from acting gluggy. You know what I mean. Set the cookies to expire by each site. For thunting.com, set it to never expire and your problem will go away. Depending on which browser you are using, there may be a plug-in that will help you with that. I use Firefox and have a cookie manager built in.

The 5 post minimum has nothing to do with any function here except for downloads. It used to be 15 posts but we were getting meaningless posts from people just so they could raid the downloads and leave. We lowered it to 5. That just shows you are a genuinely interested person.

Yes, a moderator probably moved your post to a more appropriate area. Only three types of users can move a post. An Admin, a Moderator and the person who starts a post. You can move your own post if it is the first post in a topic and has no replies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20162.msg132709.html#msg132709

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.