[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 37.0.2062.120
Chrome 37.0.2062.120

Awards
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 09:12:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

We always considered it good when we found some diamonds, unfortunately I never found the jackpot (a pocket containing many diamonds) but I did find a blue one that was over 10 carats

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg281837.html#msg281837

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 37.0.2062.117
Chrome 37.0.2062.117

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 09:36:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
We always considered it good when we found some diamonds, unfortunately I never found the jackpot (a pocket containing many diamonds) but I did find a blue one that was over 10 carats

Cool man

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg281838.html#msg281838

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think this is a good display of tools and skills along with a Little Dry Arizona Humour,

I would like to take my machines once round the Park here,,  

Dusty is the Ground there highly mineralized??  do have you to turn your Tesoro's Gain Down??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293573.html#msg293573

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:33:36 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2015, 10:16:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
I think this is a good display of tools and skills along with a Little Dry Arizona Humour,

I would like to take my machines once round the Park here,,  

Dusty is the Ground there highly mineralized??  do have you to turn your Tesoro's Gain Down??

Hey Ridge,
The desert is more mineralized than in the city is. However, the ground is very alkaline because of high calcium carbonates in the soil. There is also a lot of ferrous oxide in the soils. In the city I use discrimination so the iron is no problem. I use high sensitivity there. In the desert, you don't usually expect to find many metal objects, so I use the all-metal mode. Whether I need to turn sensitivity down or not depends if I am in a creek bed or on the slopes. The creekbeds are almost always dry except when in flood mode so there are lots of spots with barren black sands, also lots of metal scrap in the popular areas left from hundreds of years of prospectors. There I turn the discriminate control/switch till it just turns but is at minimum discrimination. Sensitivity at max. On the hillsides I use straight all metal mode at max sensitivity. I  use my ears for discrimination . Hot rocks produce a different response than metal. Metals tend to give a fast double beep, wheatas the hot rocks don't. Hope this helps. Your results might be different.
I also take my trusty Vibraprobe.  Hot rocks do not set it off.
Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293583.html#msg293583

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:21:04 am by golddustcarl »

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 10:42:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Hey Ridge,
The desert is more mineralized than in the city is. However, the ground is very alkaline because of high calcium carbonates in the soil. There is also a lot of ferrous oxide in the soils. In the city I use discrimination so the iron is no problem. I use high sensitivity there. In the desert, you don't usually expect to find many metal objects, so I use the all-metal mode. Whether I need to turn sensitivity down or not depends if I am in a creek bed or on the slopes. The creekbeds are almost always dry except when in flood mode so there are lots of spots with barren black sands, also lots of metal scrap in the popular areas left from hundreds of years of prospectors. There I turn the discriminate control/switch till it just turns but is at minimum discrimination. Sensitivity at max. On the hillsides I use straight all metal mode at max sensitivity. I  use my ears for discrimination . Hot rocks produce a different response than metal. Metals tend to give a fast double beep, wheatas the hot rocks don't. Hope this helps. Your results might be different.
I also take my trusty Vibraprobe.  Hot rocks do not set it off.
Dusty Carl

Do you get much depth with your Tesoro In that Ground Because I was wondering which would be Better My GMT @48khz or my TDI which is a PI machine,

With the GMT I just Ground Balanced a Fridge Magnet and it came up between 76 and 80 which is quite high and then then I stuck A 1.6 grain test piece to it and It was getting it at 6 to 6and a half inches and I could boost it if needed. and then it picks it up at about 8 to 8 and a half inches.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293585.html#msg293585

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:58:00 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
71%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 41.0.2272.89
Chrome 41.0.2272.89

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2015, 10:47:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Hey Ridge,
I also take my trusty Vibraprobe.  Hot rocks do not set it off.
Dusty Carl

Dusty's desert wanderings are a bit different for my desert wanderings.   I actually have more trash to deal with when I'm out in the desert because I'm usually hunting the settlements while he's out hunting the gold fields between the settlements.....So my desert hunting is low to medium sensitivity, small coil and flipping back and forth between all metal and discrimination.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293586.html#msg293586

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
Dusty's desert wanderings are a bit different for my desert wanderings.   I actually have more trash to deal with when I'm out in the desert because I'm usually hunting the settlements while he's out hunting the gold fields between the settlements.....So my desert hunting is low to medium sensitivity, small coil and flipping back and forth between all metal and discrimination.

BA

So BA what sort of depth are you getting in that Hot mineralized soil and which machine are you using?? The LOBO??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293590.html#msg293590

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 36.0
Firefox 36.0

Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2015, 11:28:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

I want a Lobo real bad.   Eugene was working on one.  I helped him find the parts.   Guess He got sissy on other things.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293591.html#msg293591

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
   I want a Lobo real bad.   Eugene was working on one.  I helped him find the parts.   Guess He got sissy on other things.

Theres loads of them over here and they are also called the Laser B1 I think or the Laser Hi Power

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57581.msg293592.html#msg293592

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7    Go Up
Jump to: