[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Chuck The MinerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Bug
« on: April 09, 2007, 06:32:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Oregon trying to ban metal detecting.....IMPORTANT"

Oregon is trying to pass a bill that would ban metal detecting on private property, as well as artifact collecting without a permit. The only way to get the permit is if your have a masters in archeology. Please take a few seconds to sign the petetion, and possibly post this elsewhere that you think might help. I know a lot of you do not live in Oregon (myself included), but think of it this way........"Who's next?" Here is the post........
Say NO to State of Oregon Senate Bill 64

In summary... it would stop all Artifact Collecting, metal detecting and relic hunting in the Oregon State, not just on public land but on private land. It makes it illegal for even a landowner to pick up artifacts on his own property. Anything of cultural patrimony cannot be removed without a permit. To get the permit requires a Masters Degree in Archaeology or a related field. Even with the permit everything has to go either to the appropriate Indian tribe or to the State Anthropological Museum. There?s much more?. But suffice to say it would be the death knell for collecting in Oregon and a bitter blow to private museums that rely on these folks to give them artifacts. It would also put an extremely heavy load on the State Historic Preservation Office which is already shorthanded.

Say "NO" to State Of Oregon - Senate Bill 64

The bill may be viewed at:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login or

Please Register or Login

Please take 30 Seconds of your time to "Say No" and show your support.

Please Register or Login
If you support collectors rights, please forward this email to other artifact collectors to spread the word.
If you have a website: Provide a Link to the Petition... Show Your Support... Please!

Thanks,
Paul in WA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2118.msg17858.html#msg17858

Good luck and may your face mask never leak, your wet suit never tears and the bottom of your pan always show gold.

Chuck The Miner

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:43:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

I thought I would add this link to a thread on another forum to go along with this subject.  Now keep in mind that I'm not saying one way or the other that it is or isn't made out to sound worse than it actually is or anything like that.  I'm just adding this as some extra info to go along with all of this.  This link is a thread on another forum claiming that this law isn't as bad as it is made out to sound like.  States that it is not trying to bad detecting state wide or anything like that and that the law mainly just affects archaeological sites. 

Now...we all know how the law can get twisted around and how the lawmakers can word things to confuse so that when you think you are voting the way that you would like then you may actually be voting the opposite way due to the confusion with the way the law was worded.  I'm not trying to say by any means that the petition or the "possible threat" of a state wide ban on detecting should be ignored at all.  I myself had even signed the petition just to be on the safe side since I like most don't want to see any more restrictions and regulations put onto the hobby that aren't necessary.    I am merely posting this link as a form of additional information.  Do what you will with it as I am certainly not trying to sway influence one way or the other as far as the importance of the situation.

Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2118.msg17904.html#msg17904

Stringfrenzy

Offline ClickTheYellowChick
Click The Yellow Chick
Bronze Member

Click The Yellow Chick
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GoldBug I by Fisher, Bounty Hunter 2200, Homemade Pinpointer, Falcon Pinpointer, Won a White's Pinpointer on CGPF contest
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:19:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good Points, String.

Just one problem with the whole hysteria thing ... Wenatchee Paul failed to read the top line of his own URL...where it says this was something scheduled to be voted on in 2005.  It is now 2007, and Oregon only meets every 2 years legislatively.  This puppy died in committe, THANK GOODNESS.

One of the disadvantages of being part of the Oregon Trail is that EVERYTHING out here is historical.   There isn't a square foot of land that some Indian or some Pioneer hasn't squatted on, wee-wee'd on, spat on, or sat on, when you get right  down to it.  And what the humans might have missed, the oxen and horses took care of "covering."

85% of the Oregon land already belongs to a govt municipality out here, city, county, state or Federal.  AND the Sierra Club is trying to buy up the other 8 percent that is available, right smack dab through the middle of the state, and no one can stop them.  They spent over $200 million just last year to buy a chunk.

Disgusting!!! Angry Angry Angry

Thanks again for your alert.  It's kinda hard to remember 2 years later what the stinkers tried to outlaw the previous two years, so I personally thank you for the reminder of the unfulfilled greenie agenda to forbid THing and MDing out here.

YellowChickie

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2118.msg17905.html#msg17905

Click blue/purple words Below & learn more about:

Please Register or Login

FIVE Kits To help YOU locate Discarded, Above Ground CHEAP gold, silver, plat+
  Yup, I find gold for about $20 oz cost!

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 07:11:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks yellowchickie.  Just trying to do what I can to help keep "bases covered" or just keep the information out there so that we can still "keep a finger on the pulse" so to speak.  Glad you appreciated the post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2118.msg17915.html#msg17915

Stringfrenzy

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: