[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GOLDREAMER
Hey...I understand that you take all my comments literally. I am kidding with you but you believe all what I say. So be happy, pal.. Grin

Are you now saying that you are kidding in your belief in perpetual motion? Nice backpedal, mate.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177494.html#msg177494

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GOLDREAMERTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico
Referrals: 0

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 03:43:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Are you now saying that you are kidding in your belief in perpetual motion? Nice backpedal, mate.

Read my previous post.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177498.html#msg177498

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 03:45:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If I beleived what you was saying , why would I be trying to show you your wrong?

Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177502.html#msg177502

Offline GOLDREAMERTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
If I beleived what you was saying , why would I be trying to show you your wrong?

Wink

Umm...Probably my next topic will be Electric Experiments with Rattle Snakes or Electric Eels in contact with Rattle Snakes...I don''t know. Something like that... Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177512.html#msg177512

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 04:04:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Umm...Probably my next topic will be Electric Experiments with Rattle Snakes or Electric Eels in contact with Rattle Snakes...I don''t know. Something like that... Angry

Want to bet?Huh?Huh??  LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177520.html#msg177520

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's your first warning about trolling. You are entitled to your opinions, as I said earlier. When you drag people into long winded arguments and then tell them you were "just kidding," you are trolling the forums and that is not allowed. This warning won't affect your ability to post here and it is only a casual, respectful warning to please discontinue this notion that you are just kidding.

If you truly believe what you are saying, press on. If you insist in your declaration of just kidding with us, consider this the first step towards a genuine, hard coded warning or moderation status.

I'm not trying to stifle your free speech here, mate. I'm just trying to eliminate your time wasting nonsense. Serious discussions are welcome but when you start losing the argument and then pretend you are joking around, that's trolling.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177527.html#msg177527

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Semantics and science....

No one can ever prove perpetual motion, because for something to run forever you have to get to the end of forever... make sure you deposit your penny for Millyway's. (The resteraunt at the end of the universe) The trick here is realizing the difference between a silly concept and possibly beneficial long lived devices. 

What most of these devices don't do now, is put out more power than the cost of construction and maintenance. Also as has been said they don't overcome friction and resistance. Electromagnetic fields cause resistance. Bearings cause friction, lubrication for the bearings reduces friction and increases life of product but also introduces resistance. A vaccuum simply reduces the air coefficient but does nothing to curb the effect of gravity which is the real killer in this situation, not counting the electromagnetic resistance created by power generation.

The trick to defeating the paradigms is by defeating the problems surrounding them. There is no one technology to use, it will likely take several working in concert.

Back in the day there was a concept developed for maglev trains called static clusters. Basically using static rare earth type magnets to do the levitation work. Imagine a stator with no bearings. Still have gravity to content with, but nothing to wear out except magnet life. Now imagine a stator the size of a maglev train with no bearings. The question is how long will the magnets live and will enertia destroy it?

Now you have to move it. Magnetic motors don't live very long. They do spin, but they don't last long enough to be cost effective. Resistance devastates them. The magnets die because they repolarize when in a constant pull or push with other magnets. Hydro is an option, it would take far less water force to move the stator than a traditional bearing.

Now the trick here is the magntic field you create generating electricity causes resistance which slows you down. Imagine sampling that current instead of a constant draw. Much like Karpen's pile it draws a bit then allows the stator to resume speed then draws again.

Moderation in all things. When you run into a wall look for a way around it.

Remember always that Tesla was told he would never create an alternating current motor because it was impossible. If not for him we might not be posting on this forum sharing ideas. The company I used to work for had a saying. "Impossible just takes longer."

It definitely is a dream with a host of problems to overcome, but if not for dreamers most of the technology we have today wouldn't exist.   Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23522.msg177655.html#msg177655

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: