[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline theChadTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites DFX
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:43:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

just because you havnt seen snakes or scopions while prospecting doesnt mean they arent moving in.  this last trip i made i went all over 5000 miles in 4 weeks from southern california to oregon and everywhere in between and back.  i have been to the desert areas alot too.  still im yet to run across , other than a bear and something else that was looking at me from inside a cave, any dangerous animals.  but every time it seems i leave my house for a period of time when i come back home the scorpions and snakes think i must of given my property to them.  after this last trip i found 14 scorpions inside my house over 2 weeks.  finally i think ive gotten rid of them.  the other night though i had a close call just dumb luck really.  i went into the front garage at night to get a soda from the frig there.  i turned the light on and walked inside door, take one step and then immediate left to the fridge. i got my soda took the three steps from the fridge towards the door and just as i pivoted to make right turn and out door all i heard was a rattle and an immediate hiss  or whatever you call the noise a rattlesnake makes with its mouth when its striking.  just as i heard the rattle i luckily had jumped slightly and pulled my legs away from the noise.  wish i had a picture but as i jumped a lil i looked left in time to see the snake as it was striking.  its neck was stretching towards me and by the time i focused it stopped prob 1 inch from my left calf and recoiled.  turned out to be a 4 ft rattlesnake with 9 rattles had moved in while i was gone.  lucky again... so dont let your guard down just because you made it back home in one peace =)

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8040.msg50376.html#msg50376

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'd be finding out how and where they're getting in and do a little sealing! Wink

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8040.msg50413.html#msg50413

KD

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: