[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 10:26:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Got lots of Red Clay here so dont have to worry too much about the back fill!! Grin  Grin  Grin
Its just harder to dig period.  Angry

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143262.html#msg143262

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 02:31:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

lol! i miss the red dirt roads of sweet home passin a car goin the other way and eatin dust for 2 miles lol! mom gripin cause a stained my clothes swimmin in the creek lol!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143383.html#msg143383

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 02:41:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JOSEYWHALES
lol! i miss the red dirt roads of sweet home passin a car goin the other way and eatin dust for 2 miles lol! mom gripin cause a stained my clothes swimmin in the creek lol!

Ahh yes the good ole days !! I remember them dirt roads quite well ! still have a few around here and Dover also. What part of the South where u from??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143389.html#msg143389

Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JOSEYWHALES
just thought i would see what you pro's thought

Okay I'm going to shut up now.  I didn't know you were talking to the pros.  My specialty is forensic alien crash site investigations and alumium recovery.  I just now stumbled on metal detecting as another tool for the job.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143534.html#msg143534

Offline GREY RIDERTopic starter
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 10:19:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HEY KARL i was born in bedford indiana i grew up in lincoln ALA. we moved around alot my moms family is from munford ALA  my uncle has a farm there on the banks of chocoloco creek  were it meets salt creek  there used to be a indian camp there in that spot .  hunted and fished and   was basically a mountain man  a teenage jerimia johnson never done any trappin though  worked his farm till got out of school he has sold alot of it off  and quit grain farming and got into cattle. I made $10 a day and worked from can till can't and thought that was good money back then .moved to atlanta for a couple of years then came up here my dad was from here i was born here but momma took me to bama when they divorced  dad was stationed at FT. MACLELLAN   He was in the army not sure i spelled that right but thats how it sounds lol! Mom and Dad  have passed  not a day goes by i dont think of them . i have two sisters here  when mom got sick she asked me to come up with her so we moved back here IN 89  I love the hunting here but the fishing is a little tougher bassfishing any way  if you want to catch big fish here you gotta catfish  which i love to anyway . i did get into some nice blue gill at lake griffy in BLOOMINGTON last spring biggest ones i have ever caught  check iout if you ever get up this way  they drained it to  repair the leaking dam this fall  i havent been up there to see it since . boy we got some giant deer here and they are stupid when the rut is in . they built a honda plant in lincoln it changed everything  jobs are good but not necisarily growth if you know what i mean  i didn't recognise the place last time i was there  i still remember the county roads(the ones they havent changed . alot were dirt  even in my day with wooden briges amazing  to me after all this time  when i left the only jobs were baggin groceries or farmin  i dont know how i took the heat back then when i go back now when its hot i want get under somthing like a dog  i swear  it feels like the suns gonna burn a hole in me  when i worked in  atlanta i worked  detailing cars basically cooked in the sun  daily  then i got a job workin with my cousin for a company called year one in tucker GA they make and sell reproduction muscle car parts  we were pickers for them my cousin grew up in south GA around macon  we picked junk yards  all over that area  what didn't get crushed during the first gas shortage  we woud get original parts for them to send over seas to have reproduced . i had a awsome 1970 buickGS  GRAN SPORT  and got to run   around in souped up cars  back before they out lawed cruising in most places  street raced alot  yea i was young and dumb back then  but had fun  wouldn't trade it for anything and would do it all again if i had a chance  only i would have listened to folks alittle more my cousin became VP of marketing or sales some big title started playin golf  bought a bmw  and all that .  he was a consultant on the first movie The fast  and furios i think they made 2or 3 since then. he sells real estate now .I have a son he's a senior in HIGH SCHOOL he played football tore an A.C.L. as a sophmore  then he tore his other one on senior night  the last home game they had  so he's been rehabing all winter trying to make it back for his track season  he throws shot put and discus  he is  so motivated. I feel so bad for him but he makes me proud.   well its late and i am tired gonna lay my tired  bones down  talk to YA'LL later

Posted on: February 07, 2011, 10:06:55 PM
lol! you are a pro. finding all those crash sites is not easy if it was we would all be doing it and we wouldn't need a team . you have made great contributions to  the recovery of aluminum  and space ship reconstruction  each person in A.R.T. has a specialty i specialize in cold diggin  notice i call it diggin  cause if i found stuff every time  i went out it would be called findin.  hey its amazin how much colder it is when you are diggin coins and junk .than it is when you are finding alluminum . makes me shiver thinkin about it  night yall!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143543.html#msg143543

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 10:35:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow Josey thats a lot to read LOL , only been to bloomington a few times to visit my baby sis,
it is pretty country out there or was last time we went thru, that was about 5 yrs ago.

Been all over Ga, Ft. Benning and Ft. Stewart and Hunter Army airfield, and Ft, Gordon and Ft. McPherson
Man forgot just how many bases GA, had LOL  I think Ft. Gillem is the only one i havent been too,  Grin Grin

Ga is nice but during the summer it's a lot like texas with the sweltering heat, take a shower and 5mins later u need another one, sorta like going to Guam,  Grin  Grin well not quite that bad but pretty close.

Man "Year One" is a great place been there once to pick up some parts , back in 2003, that would be one cool place to work !! Would love to buy one of the Bandit cars they are producing now.  $$$$$$$.$$

Tell that boy of yours to Take it easy and dont over practise either, Don't worry he will do just fine.
U got every reason to be proud.

U have a good night C-ya Tomorrow!

Posted on: February 07, 2011, 10:32:24 PM
Quote:Posted by Okletsee
Okay I'm going to shut up now.  I didn't know you were talking to the pros.  My specialty is forensic alien crash site investigations and alumium recovery.  I just now stumbled on metal detecting as another tool for the job.

Sure u did that's why u have so many Metal Detectors  Grin  Grin  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21221.msg143546.html#msg143546

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: