[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JesusfreakmccnTopic starter
Help - my detector has gone barmy and I havn't even found anything yet ?
Pull Tab

Control box in water detector now going barmby !
Help - my detector has gone barmy and I havn't even found anything yet ?
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 32.0
Firefox 32.0

Awards

Garrett 250 Ace
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:26:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hiya Guy. Teach
How are doing? I hope you are all well and finding wonderful treasure on your hunt. If you are not, don’t worry, I promised you a few snippets from my new e-book T.R.I.P.S. Treasure Hunting Handbook and these just might inspire you to get out there and be a better hunter.

Firstly there is an explanation as to why I wrote the book. After that there is a Forward By Trevor Austin who is the General Secretary of NCMD. After that follows an introduction where I explain what it included in each of the section. We then swiftly move onto each of the different sections in the e-Book. There are over 130 pages in the e-Book and a lot of information and internet links so I had difficulty is choosing which ones to share with you. However, in the end I just had to choose a couple from each section and here they are as follows:-

TIPS
A strap for your detector means you don’t have to put it down every single time you detect an item and want to start digging for it. It is also invaluable when you’ve dug and require pinpointing with your detector. It is around your waste and you don’t have to keep bending down.
Watch the video below for instructions of how to attach a strap to your detector. I’ve put one on mine and just love it!

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

How and Why to Strap Your Metal Detector

My 2nd Tips is that I know your arm can tire from swinging your machine for a long time. Take some golf tees with you. Mark places where you get a signal. You can put your machine down and dig where you left the golf tees for a change of activity.

RESOURCES

Please Register or Login

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotraklite

Application for android mobile Tect O Trak is an Android GPS track and finds recording application. Specifically designed for metal detectorists, but could also be very useful tool for field walkers, Geo-cachers, hikers, farmers, or anyone that would like to record their tracks and 'event' locations.
This application allows the user to track and record their movements within a predefined area. Searches can be saved and resumed. Additionally, you can also mark/ revisit or find spots, and make detailed records of finds. If you a serious hunter this is vital piece of kit!

Please Register or Login

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath

UK archaeological database which you can search for places where things have been previously found and historical sites of interest. Very valuable indeed.
And for you guys in the United States

Please Register or Login

http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl

A similar website I located for the USA.

INFORMATION
The section is split into clubs, organizations, associations, forums and websites from all over the world. It goes onto address rules, regulations and codes of conduct and then onto explains the metal detecting laws in different countries around the world and special archaeological regulations. There is then a sub-section that discusses the reporting of finds, the conductivity of different metals and finally an A to Z of metal detecting terminology. I can’t give you examples of these but I’ve every effort to provide you with as much information as I could.

PERMISSIONS
I’ve split this into the different approaches available. In Letters I’ve also given you an example letter you can copy and use as well as advices like includes a stamped address envelope. I the discuss telephone techniques and even provide you with a useful script. Identification, business and membership cards as well as folders are other subjects addressed. Search agreements and their use (or not) are considered and recognized search agreements are provided for you to download.
General comments about permissions are mentioned including things that worked for me in the past and the different aspects of private, public and common land.

SEARCH
I believe this is one of the most important factors in the difference between being an average hunter to being a good hunter. When I spoke to David Villanueva, he agreed that this is a vital skill to possess. Needles to say; this is an important section.

Cellar Holes are a real quality find when they haven’t been detected too much. You usually find them in wooded areas and they can be difficult to spot. A cellar hole is an early fridge. It is made of stones, is usually below the surface and is about 3-5 feet square. Many of them have only piles of stones left and it is rare to see in its original state. A good tip it to look out for holes in the ground about the same size, or, if larger they maybe the remains a house. Maybe covered in moss and/or grass. I would certainly be detecting around it very carefully indeed.

A short guide as to how to search cellar holes can be found here

Please Register or Login

http://metaldetectamerica.com/metal-detecting-for-relics

The following YouTube video is a taster of what you may find when you locate a cellar hole

Please Register or Login

Recovering Relics - Metal Detecting - Cellar Hole Gold

Re-Check Popular Sites A common misconception amongst detectorists is that if a site has been heavily searched it is not worth detecting again. I don’t believe this. If you choose where to search wisely (think where others might not have been) then you can find items that others have missed. Anyway, I’m a great believer in the surface in not inactive. Time moves and so does items.
Just watch this if you don’t believe me. The guy in this next video tells us he has been to this site dozens of times and he is still finding goodies.

Please Register or Login

Metal Detecting May 9th 2013 - British Copper, 11 Coin Spill & Merc Worth More Than Spot!

There are loads of these ‘light bulb’ moments in the e-Book and the special thing about an e-Book is, as you may well know, it id downloaded onto your computer, laptop, tablet, i-Phone or android. It means you can actually click on the internet links (of which there are many) and it will effortlessly open up for you to read in another browser.
Any guys that is a few snippets from my new e-book and I hope you enjoyed them. If you want to check out the e-book simply go to 

Please Register or Login

http://tripshandbook.com/buy-t-r-i-p-s-treasure-hunting-handbook

Happy Hunting & God BlessHiya Guy. How are doing? I hope you are all well and finding wonderful treasure on your hunt. If you are not, don’t worry, I promised you a few snippets from my new e-book T.R.I.P.S. Treasure Hunting Handbook and these just might inspire you to get out there and be a better hunter.
Firstly there is an explanation as to why I wrote the book. After that there is a Forward By Trevor Austin who is the General Secretary of NCMD. After that follows an introduction where I explain what it included in each of the section. We then swiftly move onto each of the different sections in the e-Book. There are over 130 pages in the e-Book and a lot of information and internet links so I had difficulty is choosing which ones to share with you. However, in the end I just had to choose a couple from each section and here they are as follows:-
TIPS
A strap for your detector means you don’t have to put it down every single time you detect an item and want to start digging for it. It is also invaluable when you’ve dug and require pinpointing with your detector. It is around your waste and you don’t have to keep bending down.
Watch the video below for instructions of how to attach a strap to your detector. I’ve put one on mine and just love it!

Please Register or Login

How and Why to Strap Your Metal Detector

My 2nd Tips is that I know your arm can tire from swinging your machine for a long time. Take some golf tees with you. Mark places where you get a signal. You can put your machine down and dig where you left the golf tees for a change of activity.
RESOURCES

Please Register or Login

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotraklite

Application for android mobile Tect O Trak is an Android GPS track and finds recording application. Specifically designed for metal detectorists, but could also be very useful tool for field walkers, Geo-cachers, hikers, farmers, or anyone that would like to record their tracks and 'event' locations.
This application allows the user to track and record their movements within a predefined area. Searches can be saved and resumed. Additionally, you can also mark/ revisit or find spots, and make detailed records of finds. If you a serious hunter this is vital piece of kit!

Please Register or Login

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath

UK archaeological database which you can search for places where things have been previously found and historical sites of interest. Very valuable indeed.
And for you guys in the United States

Please Register or Login

http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl

A similar website I located for the USA.
INFORMATION
The section is split into clubs, organisations, associations, forums and websites from all over the world. It goes onto address rules, regulations and codes of conduct and then onto explains the metal detecting laws in different countries around the world and special archaeological regulations. There is then a sub-section that discusses the reporting of finds, the conductivity of different metals and finally an A to Z of metal detecting terminology. I can’t give you examples of these but I’ve every effort to provide you with as much information as I could.
PERMISSIONS
I’ve split this into the different approaches available. In Letters I’ve also given you an example letter you can copy and use as well as advices like includes a stamped address envelope. I the discuss telephone techniques and even provide you with a useful script. Identification, business and membership cards as well as folders are other subjects addressed. Search agreements and their use (or not) are considered and recognised search agreements are provided for you to download.
General comments about permissions are mentioned including things that worked for me in the past and the different aspects of private, public and common land.
SEARCH
I believe this is one of the most important factors in the difference between being an average hunter to being a good hunter. When I spoke to David Villanueva, he agreed that this is a vital skill to possess. Needles to say; this is an important section.
Cellar Holes are a real quality find when they haven’t been detected too much. You usually find them in wooded areas and they can be difficult to spot. A cellar hole is an early fridge. It is made of stones, is usually below the surface and is about 3-5 feet square. Many of them have only piles of stones left and it is rare to see in its original state. A good tip it to look out for holes in the ground about the same size, or, if larger they maybe the remains a house. Maybe covered in moss and/or grass. I would certainly be detecting around it very carefully indeed.
A short guide as to how to search cellar holes can be found here

Please Register or Login

http://metaldetectamerica.com/metal-detecting-for-relics

The following YouTube video is a taster of what you may find when you locate a cellar hole

Please Register or Login

Recovering Relics - Metal Detecting - Cellar Hole Gold

Re-Check Popular Sites A common misconception amongst detectorists is that if a site has been heavily searched it is not worth detecting again. I don’t believe this. If you choose where to search wisely (think where others might not have been) then you can find items that others have missed. Anyway, I’m a great believer in the surface in not inactive. Time moves and so does items.
Just watch this if you don’t believe me. The guy in this next video tells us he has been to this site dozens of times and he is still finding goodies.

Please Register or Login

Metal Detecting May 9th 2013 - British Copper, 11 Coin Spill & Merc Worth More Than Spot!

There are loads of these ‘light bulb’ moments in the e-Book and the special thing about an e-Book is, as you may well know, it id downloaded onto your computer, laptop, tablet, i-Phone or android. It means you can actually click on the internet links (of which there are many) and it will effortlessly open up for you to read in another browser.
Any guys that is a few snippets from my new e-book and I hope you enjoyed them. If you want to check out the e-book simply go to 

Please Register or Login

http://tripshandbook.com/buy-t-r-i-p-s-treasure-hunting-handbook

Happy Hunting & God Bless Detecting Waveing Teach
Claire

p.s. Affiliate tools page link

Please Register or Login

http://tripshandbook.com/affiliate-tools-page-for-t-r-i-p-s-treasure-hunting-handbook/

You will find an image and headlines, sub-headlines, example emails and all details you need to sign up as an affiliate to get your 50% commission. You only have to sell two copies and we’ll have got yours absolutely FREE!

Claire Amen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57838.msg282152.html#msg282152

Jesusfreakmccn

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: