[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BudTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-XT17000/Explorer
« on: December 16, 2006, 06:00:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I'm not even close to being an expert dowser. I don't know the first thing about sun spots or auras or any pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo but I do know a few things about making a pendulum swing. An old well-driller / gold miner taught me in a, sort of,  reverse fashion. Please bear with me. This is kind of long winded.

About ten years ago My daughter started dating a red-neck from a town East of us. Listening to her prattle about the new love of her life and his family, I learned that the boy's father was a well driller when he wasn't digging for gold,....or vice-versa. Being the smart and considerate father that I am, I figured it was time to meet the family.

After about the third beer/coffee set-down the 'well-driller' started opening up a bit. He had been a well driller his entire adult life (looked to be about seventy). He told me he would not even take his equipment off the truck without 'witching' the property first,...and he had made a good living for forty years providing water for people...... Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a straight face or say something intelligent when you have just been covered with horse manure? It was tough for a few minutes...but apparently I carried it off. God loves me.

He then started talking about mining. He said he had 'witched' out a couple of old claims in Southern OR. and had re-filed and set up a 'proccessing plant'. He said my daughter had mentioned that I dabbled in metal detecting and would I like to follow him down and participate in some digging....assuming my machines worked. He did not believe in jerking around with detectors.

Then he pulled out, not vials but...large containers of nuggets. Big mother nuggets.....WE MADE PLANS.

He then took me out in his yard, said he had anticipated my coming and had buried some gold. He wanted to see if I "had the power". He handed me a string with a nugget attached to it. It was the biggest nugget I had ever touched. After I proved that I did not have power he snatched the string out of my hand and said (paraphrasing) 'watch and learn, stupid'. He gave me a crash course in how a pendulum works. It was eerie.I could also see it was the real deal.

OK...I came. I saw. I conquered. In seven years time I found more gold than in the previous twenty, all with a couple Minelabs...while he was really loading up with a back-hoe, trommel and sluices from Hell. The boy didn't even know what a settling pond was. Then two years ago he died on me. His a@$ hole son sold the claims....so I started messing around with pendulums.

I made one pendulum from a 257 Ackley case with water and a gram of flakes epoxied in it, a seated bullet and 80lb Spiderwire glued in the primer hole. I ordered a modified Mermet pendulum from Canada. I sent off for a book; Modern Dowsing by Raymond C. Wiley (got a half dozen more but keep coming back to this one).I also use Dowsing for Beginners by Richard Webster (has a bunch of practice routines).  The first thing I did was scare the devil out of my wife. She was not expecting 'the power'. Neither was I.

After a littile practice this thing was moving for me. I was asking yes-no questions and when I asked it to confirm what her name was, the thing didn't just swing, it jerked. She saw it, I felt it. She starts screaming to 'get it out of the house! It's evil!'. She's really religious and this was not making her happy. Took about thirty minutes of explaining that it was not a wigi board and you could only successfully use a pendulum if it was for helping  people or good. It was right in the books.

I am working hard on my map dowsing, to the exclusion of any other kind. My wife helps with straight-edge and marker....I love my wife....I love my pendulum. I love the anticipation when the pendulum confirms my research (research is first).

To all skeptics and doubters who want pictures or proof. To all who are too intelligent to be fooled....Bite me! More for me!

Bud Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8749.html#msg8749

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 06:07:54 pm by Bud »
Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:24:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck.... Grin

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8759.html#msg8759

Offline dowser501
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

584.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bud, congratulations for persevering, you tell it well & good luck in the future. Max

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8762.html#msg8762

Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:02:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Bud; Great story. Did your father-in-law do map dowsing also, is that what he taught you? When you work with your maps do you use the sectioning off method like others have described here.

Mark off in 4 squares,
1|2
----
3|4
then after confirming what square divide corner to corner
-
\
-
then confirm top or bottom, and divide again.

Or do you use other method?

Any advise or input would be appreciated, Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8763.html#msg8763

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:02:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great POST Bud

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8764.html#msg8764

Offline dowser501
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

584.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:25:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oro, I cannot understand all this fuss over the years on how to map or photo read. Making sure that conditions are ok for dowsing, meaning I could use a rod or pendulum at that time, map reading is easy. Looking at the map and feeling a pull, I will metally concentrate on the suspect area. I will pull away and lock onto the target a few  times, dowsing for gold or silver and if I get a positive mental pull and then it drops off again time and time again I know I am spot on.
 The farm house that I did all my map and photo dowsing was ok for indoor dowsing sitting at the kitchen table. When I sold the farm , i was in big trouble as I could no longer dowse indoors.

Contrary to science the dowsing magnetic flux responsible for dowsing bouncing off the moon, It passed thru the tin roof < and in 10 years at the new home which has a tiled roof, the tiles have blanketed out my dowsing. by dowsing outdoors or in my tool shed which has a tin roof I have no problems. I can dowse from a plane with an aluminium body or a running car much stronger than elsewhere as the added flux from the engines boosts dowsing.
Its weird but true.  So anyone that has been following advice about map dowsing should have been told that dowsing is not a 24 hour a day pursuit. I believe there are some individuals that dont need assistance although I have never met one. I am only average. Max

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8766.html#msg8766

Offline BudTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-XT17000/Explorer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:51:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

oRo,

He wasn't my father-in-law but my daughter's boyfriend's Dad. After that, he was a damn good friend. After the initial letdown, finding out I was not a dowser, we didn't talk dowsing much, just prospecting. I was in Heaven, working his claims. Why muddy the water?

I started messing with it just before he died. Think I was trying to prove something. At any rate, he never got to see me...move the pendulum.

As far as working a map, I set up, bottom left corner then bottom right corner with my wife working a straight-edge. After I get crossed lines I set up left or right verticle center, as the mood hits me. This gives three crossed lines. If the third line doesn't intersect or come close enough to scare it, something is radically wrong. If my lines intersect, I rest, then do it over again with my eyes closed. If I'm still getting a tight intersection of ALL three lines, it's time to start the truck.

My wife has this stupid idea if I run the detector and she does the digging, everything brought to light belongs to her....I would have been better off if she'd stayed scared of the pendulum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8767.html#msg8767

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 10:58:18 pm by Bud »
Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 02:34:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ha Cheesy, Same with my wife, she gets anything I dig up worth keeping. I put everything else in my finds pile. Think I have read of the way you are doing it before. A straight edge is moved along as if parallel lines were being made from one corner to the other. When hits are made a line is drawn. Then the straight edge is moved from the other corner pair and lines are drawn where hits are made. An additional scan is made top to bottom. Doing it again with your eyes closed is positive reinforcement. Had not thought of using two people to work together, but it sounds like something with great promise. You would have to have a positive partner though I think. Have been using my pendulum for yes and no only. I can get reactions from most dowsing tools, but have not figured out how to make sense of it yet. I get confused in the field. I will try your method to see if I can get it to kick. Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8770.html#msg8770

Offline BudTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-XT17000/Explorer
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:13:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know how to do anything other than 'keep it simple'. I said I didn't do anything other than map dowsing. I guess you can add information dowsing to that, when I'm asking about possible objects/treasure on a given map. I have used nothing but topos.Can't see why it wouldn't work on any map. Using topos I can go directly to my computer and get gps coordinates.

As I said, I start on a lower corner and ask the question(word it correctly). I concentrate on the exact spot/corner I started, with the pendulum point dead still. My wife does the 'straight-edging' and marking along the line that my pendulum is moving/pointing. I move to the opposite lower corner and we do the same thing. I know this thing works for me so if the lines don't converge/cross, I either didn't have my head on straight or I worded the question badly.

I guess most people would be happy with those two lines crossing on the map. I NEED that third line crossing the intersection of the other two. It changes my mindset from 'I believe' to 'I KNOW'. I want that third line to be exact but if it's within 'scaring' distance, I'll take that as my fault , then ask for a 'YES' pinpoint at the line convergences. I said it didn't matter which side(middle center) I asked for the third line. My wife says I ALWAYS do the left side. I didn't notice that. Maybe it's because I'm left handed.....or I was leaning that direction....don't know.

Should your 'partner' be a believer? ABSO-DAMN- LUTELY!!!  I know few people who buy into dowsing. When I'm doing-the-deed I don't want those people within a mile of me....Bad Juju..Karma....whatever. Negativity will screw up anything in your life, especially something as easy to ridicule as dowsing. I don't respond well to ridicule so I do my own thing and, every once in a while, quietly take something to my safe-deposit box. Running my mouth here is one thing. Letting someone who knows where I live know I have goodies is a whole 'nother ball game.

One thing I think is important (probably no one else does), I LIVE with my two pendulums. They are in my pocket right now. They go to church with me. They are in my pants pocket, next to my bed at night. I talk to them and I talk to God about them. No one...NO ONE touches them. OK...I'm nuts....but I KNOW it makes a difference.

I don't know about 'Sun-spots'. Don't have a clue about alignment of the stars. I don't care if Pluto is in it's seventh house (or where ever the Hell he goes when Mickey ain't around).

All I know is I saw an onery old man, who was nearly an illiterate, talk to his nugget pendulum and it moved and pointed to gold. I saw him use it successfully a few times after that over a seven year period. I try to copy his style and procedure. I keep it simple.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8912.html#msg8912

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 03:30:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the information...It is always great to hear how others methods work and gives me something else to try...Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1116.msg8925.html#msg8925

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: