[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GooniePirateTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:02:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have read many posts on dowsing on this forum and others. I have witnessed many interesting things in my life and I have opened up my field of possibilities and beliefs.
My total dowsing experience comes from a lady visiting a relative of mine and the subject of dowsing came up. I said I wasn?t sure that anyone could find things with a stick. The lady said that she believed I could do it and asked if it was OK to cut a dowsing rod. My relative told her go right ahead because he wanted to see it work. She cut the Y shape out of a forked branch from one of the old fruit trees on the property and handed it to me. She showed me how to hold it. I held it with the single end pointed straight up and the two sides of the fork in my hands with my fingers gripped around them. She told me to hold around in a in a zigzag pattern. I came across a spot in the middle of a gravel road and I actually felt a tug that felt like someone pulling forward on the tip of the forked rod. I stopped and looked at everyone and the lady smiled and asked what was wrong. I told her about the tug and that I wasn?t sure what to do. She said find the strongest pull. The pull got strong enough that I had trouble holding the stick. The stick bent forward and down until it was pointing at the ground. I tightened my grip and even tried to twist the stick back to the original upright position. She said that there should be a water source in that spot. She then took the stick and walked over the spot and got a similar reaction. She then held the stick sideways and moved over the spot. She looked at my relative and said the source was his well. My relative said sure enough, that his well was right there under the middle of the gravel road.

I find it interesting that some respond on the topics by simply pointing out the foolishness of the whole idea. I have met many that stand on their academic or logical pedestal in this way and debunk everything that doesn?t fit into their world. They are similar to some religious people in this way.

My question is, as a believer or non believer, how many of you have physically tried to dowse? As a follow up question, were you in any way successful in the experience?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128077.html#msg128077

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:42:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grider you will find that most that are against drowsing are old hard core full are part time THer's who have tried it at some point in their life.
My partner in the 70's and myself did lots of research into it and yes we tried it many times with negative results. We had a map that covered a 2800 acre ranch that we thought held a cache from the 1880's we sent it to 5 map dowsers to help pinpoint the recovery site. We were given 5 different sites all over the area, the cache was recovered no where near any of the pinpointed sites. So no it does not work.
I live a mile from Layettes Grove on Galveston Island, in the last 40 years I have seen dozens of people with dowsing rods, LRL and other fantasy machines trying to locate Layettes treasure. Each one claimed to get a hit but no two ever at the same spot. Most Layette treasure researchers believe that there never was a treasure there to begin with, only a small cemetery used by Layette and his men, yet there have been many an empty hole  dug there. The owners of the property stopped any digging some years ago.
So my two cents no it does not work, but no one here is going to tell you not to try it, just don't spend your hard earned money buying junk LRL's are sure fire systems just get a coat hanger and give it a try.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128088.html#msg128088

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline therandyman
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 01:49:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I recently started investigating dowsing but have intentionally not tried it myself yet as I did not want to prejudice myself in any way.  I have wondered if the "faith" aspect of dowsing is the key.  Your post seems to support this.  The power of the mind to heal is known to science.  The "Placebo Effect" is one example.  People in double blind scientific tests are told they are being given a certain medication and it will do a certain thing and instead of being given the medicine are given a sugar pill that produces the "healing" just as the "medicine" would have.  We are composed of water, electrolytes, energy, elements.  Our bodies work like biological batteries.  We even need to "charge" up for 8 hours a night.  Why would it not seem reasonable to postulate that we can project and interact with other electromagnetic/electrochemical fields and systems if the computer (brain) is able to get its "mind" right and set parameters that allow for the interaction?

I am just rambling and thinking out loud here.  Of course, like any human ability, there are some that can do things that others cannot.  Some can do some things exceptionally well and if that skill has value in the marketplace they get paid large amounts of money to display or use that skill.  These people are called "Professionals".  Physical examples of this are the typical athletic activities of football, golf, basketball, soccer, etc..  Mental examples include hedge fund managers, top level stockbrokers, handicappers who consistently are better than 60% in their selections and the brilliant genius level scientists.  The physical side of things are clearly seen and understood by all as "seeing is believing".  The mental side tends to be more "invisible" as they do not trumpet their abilities and are not as celebrated by the general public, although they are certainly celebrated by their professional colleagues within their fields.  Some ascribe intuition as a key part of their mental abilities.  Some who demonstrate prescience attribute it to good planning and preparation...others admit to "luck" at times.  Those with the healthiest egos will take full credit for anything they do without a second thought to any other source as it fits their purposes.

My wandering mind at work... Off Topic

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128119.html#msg128119

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:59:30 pm by therandyman »

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:56:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Randy please stop using the bold type makes it hard to read.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128121.html#msg128121

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 02:25:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not that what I have to say means anything, I will no longer Respond to post in Upper Case letters unless it needs moderated and Removed.

This is the second time in a week that I had to say something about it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128124.html#msg128124

Offline therandyman
Copper Member

Old, Fat and Lazy Need Not Apply!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, Ace 250
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Upper Case Letters"?  I'm sorry, but am I missing something here?  Did someone post something in upper case in this thread?  Posting in upper case is illegal here?  I am new here and have not learned all the rules but I must be missing something... Teach

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128133.html#msg128133

"Loyalty above all, except Honor."

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Not that what I have to say means anything, I will no longer Respond to post in Upper Case letters unless it needs moderated and Removed.

This is the second time in a week that I had to say something about it.

Well said Homefire maybe we will just start locking or deleting them  Please do not post in all cap's or bold type. I am tired of fixing them will delete the next one

Posted on: November 25, 2010, 02:52:48 PM
Homefire clean out your in box

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128145.html#msg128145

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 04:41:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GriderPirate....just a rational observation here

Underground water sources are much larger than one spot in the middle of the road. The aquifer will encompass several miles. You've been tricked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128150.html#msg128150

Offline GooniePirateTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 04:58:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I understand that. A well was drilled about 3000 feet from the one described and it hit a different aquifer. The water even tasted different.
The well was a concentrated point.
Don't see how anyone was tricked. A person told us she could find the well on the property and let m have a go at it first. I didn't know where it was. When I got a reaction from a stick, it got me a bit interested. This was nearly 30 years ago and I still have an interest.
Actually thought about trying map dowsing myself. Might be interesting, might be nothing, but I'll know I tried it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128154.html#msg128154

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Offline moondog2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

336.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GMT, Garret Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites MXT, Garret Pro-Pointer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 05:59:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not sure if this is considered dowsing but at work I have 2 pure silver rods about 1/32 dia bent L shaped and have used them to find water lines, fire lines,sprinkler pipes. The plumbers on the 1980 addition to our hospital were the ones that taught me how to use them. hold them out in front of you and when you cross the pipe they turn side ways. the smaller and deeper the pipe the harder to find it. right now we are doing a 120 million dollar er-icu 3 story building and the plumbers on phase 2b which was digging trenches and laying major water lines on several occasions were using their rods finding the fire line. I have never used a forked stick but maybe I will cut one and try it and see if I feel anything.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19520.msg128176.html#msg128176

May every day be a holiday and every night a saturday night.

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: