[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: August 31, 2006, 05:28:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE ON DOWSING - Part I

Through out my years of Dowsing research and usage, I find that the general concept which is commonly used to define Dowsing is very broad and incorporates both? physical, and? mental aspects of the Dowsing experience.?

Although as Dowsers, we all experience the same types of reactions in both the physical and mental aspects of Dowsing, interpretations and reasons for this vary greatly, and are usually described according to the experience and opinion of the individual Dowser.?

Personal pride in a Dowsers own ability, and sometimes ego, or attitude toward Dowsing have to be allowed for in your evaluation of a dowsers methods. The bottom line is, that you should experiment and find out what methods, or beliefs, work best for you.?

In my opinion, it is the lack of a universal agreement establishing parameters which would clearly define the term "Dowsing" that is the source of dissention, that tends to generate confusion for new and student Dowsers eager to learn the art, and perhaps help bring it into the realm of an understood Science.?

So that you may understand my thinking on the subject and the manner which I utilize Dowsing to conform to the general broad definition is that, for my own research, field experiments and tests, I find it easier and more understandable to my students to seperate Dowsing into two categories, PHYSICAL DOWSING, and MENTAL DOWSING, followed by several sub-categories.?

FIELD DOWSING: It appears to me that most Dowsers conducting "dowsing" in the field searching for Treasure commonly using L-Rod(s) or Y rods, integrate both the Physical & Mental aspects of Dowsing in combination.?

The question that was asked relates to MAP DOWSING, which would include SKETCHS, PHOTO & INFORMATION DOWSING. In these types of Dowsing I am unable to isolate any physical effects on the Dowsers tool which can't be overcome by the trained mind/muscle ideomoter response of the Dowser. I contribute the accuracy, or failure of this type of Dowsing to the MENTAL ASPECTS category which would include the mental attitude of the Dowser and their own perspective towards Dowsing.?

Accuracy in MENTAL Dowsing is subjective to, (1) an understanding of the mental process, (2) establishing "self" communication between the conscious and the sub-conscious part of the brain, (3) the beliefs of the Dowser, (4) the Dowsers correct interpretation of the reactions of the physical tool he, or she, is using.?

Consider your brain as a biological computer with even greater capabilities, programming, and excentricies than the physical computer in front of you. Many of the same rules of programming apply. "Wrong information in, Wrong information out".?

Learning to Dowse is programming the best mental Dowsing program available into your biological computer, weed out the viruses and glitches, and delete any already installed negative programming.?

Beliefs, are programming that can hinder a Mental Dowser's performance. These are just a few Examples:?

*If you believe that you have to ask permission to Mental Dowse, then it will be necessary to ask permission.?

*If you believe communicating with Spirts is involved in your Mental Dowsing, Spirts will surely be invited.?

*If you believe your Dowsing is a "Gift" and that if you charge a fee to Dowse you will loose that gift, you have programmed yourself to fail if you do charge a fee.?

*If you believe that you can only mental Dowse accurately when there is a full moon, your self programming will make that belief a reality for you.?

*If you believe that certain weather conditions affects your ability to mental dowse, it surely will.?

It's my opinion that You have the choice to determine your own parameters of ability to Mental Dowse. This is not to say that there are not a few guidelines you can use that help increase the probability of accuractly Dowsing a Treasure location on a MAP, SKETCH or PHOTO. Personally, I find there are, but it's possible these guidelines could fall into the category of my own "Belief" programming. I'm presenting a couple of guidlines I use if you wish to try them and learn for your self.?

INACCURATELY DRAWN SKETCHES OR MAPS I find that if a Map or Sketch is drawn inaccurately, my Treasure location's will be accordingly inaccurate. Road maps fror example, only provide me general areas and possibilities.?

SCALE Topo maps are usually drawn accurately but I find the opportunity for inaccuracy of detail and location is according to the scale of the Map, or Sketch. If the scale is 1 inch=1 mile, I may be up to a mile off the actual location. If the scale is 1 inch=1 foot, accordingly I can be as much as a foot off of the actual location. Scale also applies to aerial photos, or the viewing perspective to distant locations I make on a photograph.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg1192.html#msg1192

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 05:30:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Folks unfamiliar with Dowsing have a tendency to have undue expectations of map & Photo Dowsing, believing that X marks the spot, dig here and get rich. I rarely find that remote dowsing is ever that accurate unless it is done on a large scale Map or photo.

It should be understood that Map or Photo Dowsed locations are a plan of search. It is the starting point for a search, NOT the final destination, and should be used accordingly.

For example; if there is a Gold coin buried 4 inches deep, in a football field, and the scale of the photo, or map, is 1 inch = 50 feet, the area of search for the target is reduced from 45,000 sq. feet, down to a 250 sq. area to search. A great time saving benefit for the searcher.

A Dowsed location is generally no more accurate than the drawing accuracy and scale of the map being used. If an accurately drawn map is used and the scale is 1 inch = 1 foot, the Dowsed location can still be one foot off of the target. In my experience, X does not mark the exact spot of a target on a Map or Photo Dowsed location.

Nevertheless, the needle & thread I use as a Dowsing tool, is the least costly, and one of the most beneficial tools I have ever used in my arsenal of Treasure hunting tools. I never go on a search without a Dowsed map, or Dowsed photo to guide me. Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg1193.html#msg1193

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:31:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE ON DOWSING -  Part II

I had previously stated in another post that in my own Dowsing research, field experiments & testing, I find it easier to understand and teach, by dividing the term Dowsing into two distinct categories, Mental Dowsing, & Physical Dowsing, with several sub-categories.

MENTAL DOWSING: (Meta-Physics) Utilizing the Mind/Muscle Ideomotor response to physically control the rods reactions from swinging as a result of the motion of walking, or wind, and restricting the Rods reactions to the "Fields" of unwanted targets while searching for "Mentally" Discriminated targets.

When the Rods are held level or only tilted down a few degrees it only takes a subtle twist of the wrist to cause the rods to react, and mental Dowsing is indeed a mind/muscle ideomotor response where you are totally controlling all the  reactions of the Rods, pendulum, or whatever Dowsing tool you are using. The amount of force of gravity against the Rods, (tilting up, or down) , the length of the rods, the size of the rods, the weight of the rods and the amount of control used is determined by the sensitivity of each individual Dowser and their preference. (I'll use the expression, "one size doesn't fit all)

PHYSICAL DOWSING: Incorporating laws of physics  

With the physical aspects of Dowsing there is a proven phenomena occuring for which those in denial, or ignorance will make every effort to dismiss.  

Science explains the fact that the human body generates an electrical "field" and a magnetic "field". The strength of these "fields" can vary from individual to individual. These"fields" can be electronicly measured, at least to some degree. Again "One size does not fit all" so each individual has to make adjustments in their mental programming and technique.  

With "Physical" Dowsing, I suggest reducing the amount of sensitivity to the "field's" of your targets to have the greatest accuracy. The amount of Gravity resistance (angle) placed on the rods is determined by the amount of influence the operators body "field" has on the target "fields" as they approach them. Sensitivity is controlled by the amount of gravity resistance applied, according to the degree of angle the tips of the rods are lowered from a level position.  

With physical dowsing, I suggest lowering the tips of the Rods to an angle of a least 15 degrees or more below level. This is accompolished with adjustments of the position of the wrists & hands. Always maintain the arms in the same position as previously suggested. There are a considerable number of people that have to angle the tips of the Rods pointing to the front of their toes in order to reduce the strength of the Rods reactions to the same sensitivity as others who may only have to angle the Rods downward 15-20 degrees. The amazing thing that I have witnessed about this phenomena is that I have 3 clients that let the free swinging rods hang vertically and the Rods rise and cross against the full force of gravity when they enter the "field" of a target.  

There are advantages and disadvantages to controlling the Rods from the positions I mentioned for physical Dowsing. The advantages are, it's easier to maintain the steady position of the Rods against the wind, and the motion of walking. You are less sensitive in reacting to clusters of minute particles and fringe signals. With the tips of the Rods angled downward, YOU CAN VISIBLY OBSERVE IF YOU ARE ROTATING YOUR HANDS INWARD AND FORCING THE RODS TO CROSS (ideomotor response) or if the Rod's are crossing on their own.(Physical response)  

The disadvantage is, it is much easier to restrict the Rods from reacting when the Rods are angled downward. A trained ideomotor response is required to release control of the rods to allow them to react physically to external "fields'. It all requires your dillegent practice to become profecient.  

For a better understanding of Dowsing, I suggest you learn and practice either the Mental aspects of Dowsing, or the Physical aspects of Dowsing until you become profecient with one before you attempt the other. The correct interpretation of the reaction of the Rods is different and attempting to intertwine the two aspects of two aspects of Dowsing while learning can cause confusion and inaccuracy.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg1194.html#msg1194

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:32:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE ON DOWSING - Part III

In my experience, learning to correctly interpret the reactions of the rods is key to consistent & accurate Dowsing results. This becomes easier with practice, and experience. With me, I have to be careful, because my interpretation is different for the mental aspects of Dowsing, from what I term the physical aspects of Dowsing. Commonly, Dowsers will combine the two aspects, mental & physical, without a conscious awareness, or consideration of there possibly being a difference, even though all Dowsers experience it.?

What I've learned is that there is a natural harmonic interaction between elements of a like kind. (physics) In my experience if Gold targets are within the ressonance frequency range of another Gold target, then a Gold sample strategically placed will generate a harmonic signal line "field" to other Gold targets that may be within the range. The Dowsers rods, when allowed, appear to react to this natural discriminated harmonic "field" connecting the targets, making this conneting "field" (Signal line) traceable with the Rod(s) to the emenating "field" of "like" elements. This is what I term physical Dowsing, because it incorporates laws of physics into the so called "Dowsing" process.?

A gold sample may also be used for Mental Dowsing as well, by placing the Gold sample on the ends of the Rods, in a "bait" chamber, held in your hand next to the Rod handle, or placed within view, to consciously reinforce Mental Discrimination of the "field" of the target element you are searching for. You can write G-o-l-d on a piece of paper and reinforce the discrimination command to the sub-conscious part of the brain.

When you use this method of searching for a physical target buried in the ground, You are in essence, telling your Sub-conscious that you wish to ignore the emenating "fields" of all those other anomalies, and allow the rods to react, ONLY to Gold when you walk over the top Gold. (or whatever element you choose to mentally discriminate to.)?

To demonstrate this to yourself, walk over any given area and allow the rods to react freely to any, and all "fields" of anomalies you may walk over/thru. There is usually enough junk metals in the ground that the Rods will continually cross, and uncross (react) as you walk.?

Now hold a piece of Gold in one hand with the Rods and walk across the same area. You will notice that your sub-conscious has received your comand to restrict the Ideomotor mind/muscle Dowsing response to the "fields" of anomalies which are not Gold, or have Gold content, and allow the Rods to cross (react) only when you walk over Gold.?

I view this method as combining the physical aspects of Dowsing, with Mental Discrimination, or a mental aspect of physical dowsing.?

This method should easily work for you, but I personally don't find this common method being used of combining, Mental & Physical Dowsing as the most practical method of locating and discrimination of possible Treasure sites.?

With other aspects of Mental Dowsing , I include map, photo, and informating Dowsing.?

I place my Mental Dowsing ability in the category of Meta-Physics, as physics that are yet unknown, or scientificly unexplained, for lack of knowing a better terminology.?

I hope sharing my Dowsing experiences is helpful to your better understanding of your own Dowsing experience.?

Thank you, for reading! Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg1195.html#msg1195

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:39:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OPINION: The ideomotor response is an undeniable function of every human activitity, so it is not in any way exclusive to just a Mental dowsing response. Successful mental dowsing requires proper programming and practice to train a Mental dowsing ideomotor response to perform accurately and on cue. Mental dowsing information is limited only by the dowsers beliefs. (meta-physics)

The term Physical Dowsing, is probably a bit of a mis-nomer because it does not require any Mental programming, or trained Ideomotor response to obtain a successful response to the "field" of a buried target. But, there are restrictive limitations to Physical Dowsing. (laws of physics)

Using the two methods in combination does provide a greater advantage in the field. However, intertwining the two methods into one can result in inaccurate interpretation of the reactions of the Rod(s), confusion, and inconsistent results. Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg1196.html#msg1196

Offline bhunter
Copper Member

8018593332@vzwpix
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Landstar Bounty Hunter, Fisher Gemini lll 2-box, Colt .44
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 01:55:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here's something that happened to me.   Upon arriving within one mile of a map dowsed target, I was re-directed to platimum ore instead of the gold coins I was seeking.  The ore was more valuable but that wasn't what I wanted to find.  Have you ever experienced something like this?  Being lead to something more valuable.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg37627.html#msg37627

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
        Here's something that happened to me.   Upon arriving within one mile of a map dowsed target, I was re-directed to platimum ore instead of the gold coins I was seeking.  The ore was more valuable but that wasn't what I wanted to find.  Have you ever experienced something like this?  Being lead to something more valuable.

When working in the field I usually stay focused on what I am searching for.  However, when I am Dowsing Maps or aerial photo's, it's rather common for my curiosity to sidetrack me to a different target, or event that happened during  a different  time period of history.

I enjoy Dowsing to learn of past events. The more ancient, or unusual, the more fascinating learning Earth  History through Dowsing is for me.  Although Information Dowsing, is personally satisfying, it is time consuming, and not necessarily productive, so I have to limit myself to  "need to know" information and try to curb my curiosity.

A recent example; A prospector in Quartzsite, Az mentioned seeing a rock carving of 4 stick figures carrying a rectangular box suspended on 2 poles, on their shoulders. The question popped into my mind, could it be possible this could be symbolism in reference to the "Ark of the covenant"? Here, in the United States?  No, from all accounts I have read, that's not  possible!

Curiosity caused me to Dowse for an answer. I picked up a location in some very rugged mountains about 20 miles East of Quartzsite.  In an after thought, I called the Prospector, and asked exactly where is the Rock carving located, and "in what direction were the Stick figures headed? His reply, ENE.  A ruler laid on the Aerial photo between the location of the reported Rock Carving, and the location I Dowsed was ENE.

Since enough of the Information I have obtained through Dowsing events in the past has proven to be true, I can only wonder if this really could be the secret hiding  place of the  "Ark of the Covenant", or a figment of my imagination?  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg38414.html#msg38414

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:59:28 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:50:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dell_Winders;

Wow! I was going to (foolishly) make a short reply, here, but I have copied the page and I am going to study it! Absolutely! Because, I concur on most points, especially about the bionic computer between our ears! I realized that aspect, long ago, and it is nice to know someone else also has that idea.

When REAL computers were just getting going, in the 80s, or so, it was the saying... Garbage in, garbage out...  that was so true! So, what you are indicating is: get the best  data possible, for that biological computer.

That is a GOOD plan of action. Thanks.

This helps explain why I get my best ideas in the Biffy (no joke:) it lets  the brain computer function, during a moment of calm, quiet, relaxation.... hence the good ideas seem to magically manifest! Something like dowsing, perhaps.

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg38434.html#msg38434

goldigger

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 12:55:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It amazes me that seemingly intelligent folks will adamantly deny their own  inherent abilities of their Biological computer in the name of Science, and scoff and ridicule those of us who program our brain/mind to conduct Treasure & Shipwreck research through Dowsing. 

It's refreshing to see people who don't limit their potential by brainwashing themselves to concur with societal text book logic, and pretentious scientific thinking.

Dowsing, can be a beneficial to open minded learning, and a gateway to knowledge .  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg38466.html#msg38466

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:07:12 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline deepsecrets
Pull Tab

It's for you!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI, Discovery 900, Whites 6000 DI, Arc Geo Mini
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 08:23:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell, I've read many posts from experienced dowsers on several forums but I have not seen anything that speaks to the relationship to the horizontal and vertical measurements of a dowsing rod.  I have found that there is a relationship between length of the rods horizontal and vertical and the EMF experienced at certain times of day/night and the relative center of gravity of the dowser to the CG of the earth influenced by lunar and solar positions.  Correct lengths used during a particular time of day/night significantly enhances sensitivity by finding the "null" EM field and thus the accuracy of using dowsing rods.  Any thoughts on this?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,275.msg39231.html#msg39231

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: