[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline code71bTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

2 Garrett
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:03:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry if I get this wrong but I'm looking to sell my dowsing equipment and books that I purchased in the 70's and no longer need. Can you lead me to the proper area to do this. Thanking you in advance for your courtesy. ncrattler

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71887.html#msg71887

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:09:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Please Sir , don't try to sell that junk here !    Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71888.html#msg71888

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:18:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would think that it would more properly belong in THunting's Marketplace forum.   And while most of the members don't have much interest or faith in dowsing, the fact that we have a forum on it that does have very active debate is a pretty good indication that some of the members might be interested in what you have to offer, if you post it there.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71889.html#msg71889

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with Mr. Cornelius

But we are a freedom of speech board so as Mr  BA suggest will move your post to the sales board

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71893.html#msg71893

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

2 Garrett
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:50:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm a bit confused here. I'm asking for a place to sell books, magazines and equipment purchased by me when and while I was a full time member of The American Dowsing Society of America. These are back issues of their magazine purchased by subscription at that time. There is no "junk" here as you call it, unless you are talking about what you may see posted and purchased at some local flea market or vending machine in your area, of which I have NONE. I'm talking about books and equipment built and published by the "Fathers" of dowsing probably before you were born. I'm 70 yrs. old and I've been at it and more accurate in my time than you might ever be. Don't snub your nose at me sonny. I've walked the walk in my time. I've got first issue hard cover and softcover books and magazines you can't even find on a shelf anymore. What you are reading now is reprints and plans for equipment that I have the original too. Books long out of print, on topics I see you discussing here and now. If this is the general atmosphere of this segment of this site, then I will humbly sell them on ebay or elsewhere. Just let me know in the next reply. I can take it. I don't need insults from young whippersnappers and the like, when I'm trying to help you become better at what you want to become. Moderator or not, you should ask before you make a request or statement like that. I expect that you will grow up in time and learn. Or maybe not. ncrattler
I see that before my tiraide that you would prefer that this data and equipment not be offered here. My humblest of apologies. I will not bother you again. Thank you for your time and courtesy.
I see that before my tirade that you would prefer that this data and equipment not be offered here. My humblest of apologies. I will not bother you again. Thank you for your time and courtesy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71900.html#msg71900

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:50:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

code71b . I got news for you sir . You are 70 years old , I am 72 . Not a whippersnapper as you suggested . I have a well rounded and very good education  without going in details . Dowsing CANNOT work and will never work , whatever you say . You may have been suckered in for all the years . What did you find in all those years  (  by dowsing ) . That is why I will maintain my statement  ,, don't sell that junk overhere ..  Please go to Amazon or Ebay . You are welcome on this forum  and can tell us about your finds  ( by dowsing ) but don't try to get some money out of the ones that are not so educated that they can determine dowsing to be hog-wash .    Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71901.html#msg71901

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

2 Garrett
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Then sir, I do apologize. If you are so much older than I am and consider all the people on this forum uneducated and you need to tell and show them what to purchase, then I do back off and allow full control of all your "sheep" to you. And as to what I've found in my time. NOTHING of value to you at the present. Just water for those who need. I'm just one out of thousands that have dowsed or still dowse. You sir ARE uneducated as far as this subject matter is, no matter how old you are. You are closed minded or you you would have taken the time to investigate that Dowsing has been and always will be here to benefit those who are in need of Water. Don't give a hoot about gold or the likes. Water is more precious. I end this discussion on this note. I will not offer this congregation anything on dowsing. Real or inferred. Thanks for a very interesting squabble. Its been a long time since I had one with someone who is as closed minded as you are. Good luck in your "sheepherding". ncrattler

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71909.html#msg71909

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:34:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well said cornelius these dowsing dipsticks are a pain in the BUTT there are plenty of gullible suckers on Ebay no so on here especially after all the cons we have had on offer.  While like yourself I welcome this person to the forum I suggest he go barter his crap somewhere else... Some mothers do have em and theres one born every day.  Whats this world coming too when its full of idiots with a couple of bent wires?
Quote:Posted by code71b
Then sir, I do apologize. If you are so much older than I am and consider all the people on this forum uneducated and you need to tell and show them what to purchase, then I do back off and allow full control of all your "sheep" to you. And as to what I've found in my time. NOTHING of value to you at the present. Just water for those who need. I'm just one out of thousands that have dowsed or still dowse. You sir ARE uneducated as far as this subject matter is, no matter how old you are. You are closed minded or you you would have taken the time to investigate that Dowsing has been and always will be here to benefit those who are in need of Water. Don't give a hoot about gold or the likes. Water is more precious. I end this discussion on this note. I will not offer this congregation anything on dowsing. Real or inferred. Thanks for a very interesting squabble. Its been a long time since I had one with someone who is as closed minded as you are. Good luck in your "sheepherding". ncrattler

If you have nothing to offer than water and a couple of pieces of bent wire then maybe its just as well you take your hogwash elsewhere Im sure you will find a suitable soap box somewhere where you can spout off as much as you like sir Good bye and dont forget to close the door when you leave?  we dont like waking our sleeping guests hehehe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg71912.html#msg71912

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 10:03:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

The replies to code71b's post were appallingly rude and uncalled for. Whether or not you believe in dowsing, there was no need to attack the guy.

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg72044.html#msg72044

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:11:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have to agree with Carl. Please keep it on a friendly level Smiley Thanks Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg72064.html#msg72064

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: