[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline grillz
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GPX 4500
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 07:35:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The attack on code71 was unwarrented and uncalled for.  The only thing he wanted to do was sell his equipment to persons of similar interest.
Now a moment to vent. I have met people that will dismiss dowsing out of hand as a fraud, or as a means of acquiring money from the gullible. These are the same people that will think nothing of answering a Nigerian letter, or will become involved in some scheme that promises outlandish returns on their money, a.k.a. Ponzi scheme.
I have also found, and this principly among engineers and researchers. If it can't be put under a microscope, measured, felt, weighed or be explained by a mathmatical formula. It is instantly debased and dismissed out of hand with the shout of, No Way,
 Impossible, and the inevitable, it must be a trick.
Man flying in the air, never happen. Splitting the atom, uhuh. Landing a man on the moon. Ha Ha. Talking on little wrist phones, you've been reading too much Dick Tracy. Flying in outer space, too much Flash Gordon.  Dowsing for water. What are you crazy, that's impossible. Ed

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg74662.html#msg74662

Offline inspbony
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi I was wondering if the books and articles on dowsing are still for sale?

Thankyou

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg76209.html#msg76209

Offline nuggetshooter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab GPX 4000, Falcon Probe, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Whites Spectra V3, Whites Matrix M6, Tesoro Silver Sabre
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:15:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow,  I just joined this forum - I hope the move was not a mistake and that this is not the general demeanor of the forum! If so, this will be my last post. I am here to learn and share my knowledge. I am not into dowsing, but I know many people like it and feel it is valuable.  But, just because I do not find it to be a useful tool, I see no need to belittle those that feel it is useful and believe in it. Rude responses are rarely if ever justified, even if the other person is rude.  Why lower youself to that level!   

Darryl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg87796.html#msg87796

Darryl

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 11:13:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nuggetshooter
Wow,  I just joined this forum - I hope the move was not a mistake and that this is not the general demeanor of the forum! If so, this will be my last post. I am here to learn and share my knowledge. I am not into dowsing, but I know many people like it and feel it is valuable.  But, just because I do not find it to be a useful tool, I see no need to belittle those that feel it is useful and believe in it. Rude responses are rarely if ever justified, even if the other person is rude.  Why lower youself to that level!  

Darryl

If you read all the posts on this particular topic you will see that the problem has been rectified. Christian, the forum owner, doesn't like deleting topics like this one even though it might have been kinder to do so. Instead, he leaves them as examples of what NOT to do and how NOT to behave on his forums.

Stay on. But don't expect everyone to roll over and agree with you. Disagreement is how we learn. If everyone agreed with you just to keep the peace and never informed you of an incorrect theory, you'd believe something to the day you die even though it was wrong. Some things in this line of work or hobby could cost you a treasure. Learn. Always learn.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88702.html#msg88702

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline zul32
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 11:52:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with grillz comment about this subject. I think that dowsing is pretty cool, if there's ANY advantage that a person can gain for digging a well, then all the power to them. My father used to be a great dowser (unfortunately that didn't pass down to me), and with the thousands of dollars that it costs to drill a well, every little bit helps. Now, lets just go on a bit further and help others understand what "really" is going on here...
* Because it's not scientific - therefore it falls under the category of things like witchcraft and magic. Thus... ties into religion! Many (NOTE: I didn't say all) of the Christian faith want NOTHING to do with, and completely separate themselves from this because they don't want to associate themselves with "blasphemy" of this sort! Heavens NO! Well, there you have it.. the unspoken truth.

Now, moving forward.. I really don't care - people in our country get to have freedom of religion as well as freedom of choice, and they can CHOOSE to partake in dowsing if they so do or not, that's their individual right. Our country has fought many wars to preserve this wonderful freedom so lets not take that away.
My father gave up dowsing, and I'm certain it's because of his association with religion and going to church - that eventually someone in his congregation would find out, then the preacher/pastor would find out and he'd lose his good standing with the church. Well, too bad for him, but still again - that was HIS choice. Some people (I can name a couple in this thread but I don't have to) want to shove their beliefs about dowsing down others throats, and force everyone to believe that it's just a bunch of hogwash, when really.. if you dig deep enough... it probably goes back to their religious beliefs even though it wasn't said earlier.

This isn't a shouting-match either, nor am I trying to encourage some sort of tit-for-tat here. I'm just explaining to others what's going on. Oh, and for the new person that just joined the forums... Welcome! Smiley 
and no.. this isn't the norm with the forums.. this one happens to be an exception that's for sure!
P.S. I'm guessing that this reply will be deleted because it mentions "religion" but.. we'll see.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88726.html#msg88726

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline nuggetshooter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab GPX 4000, Falcon Probe, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Whites Spectra V3, Whites Matrix M6, Tesoro Silver Sabre
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Go  Quote:   Posted by nuggetshooter   

Darryl

If you read all the posts on this particular topic you will see that the problem has been rectified. Christian, the forum owner, doesn't like deleting topics like this one even though it might have been kinder to do so. Instead, he leaves them as examples of what NOT to do and how NOT to behave on his forums.

Stay on. But don't expect everyone to roll over and agree with you. Disagreement is how we learn. If everyone agreed with you just to keep the peace and never informed you of an incorrect theory, you'd believe something to the day you die even though it was wrong. Some things in this line of work or hobby could cost you a treasure. Learn. Always learn.

Golddigger -

I am certainly one who expects people to roll over and agree with me.  After working in the legal profession for the majority of my career, I full understand that there are always multiple sides to every story or position. My profession has been the brunt of every rude and obnoxious joke imaginable, however, I do not think that responses in kind do much in the majority of instances.  And especially when someone is making what appears to be an innocuous inquiry about a topic on which there are multiple positions.  In addition, I do not believe that everone or anyone should "roll over" just to try and keep the peace just so we can all get along.  But, I do believe that rude, obnoxious, and uncalled for replies, like the one I commented on, especially to a new user, are never called for or justified. People can always express their opinion in ways that get the point across and are not offensive. JMHO

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88802.html#msg88802

Darryl

Offline zul32
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 03:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, so you're a lawyer huh?
hehe
"how many lawyers does it take to...."
 Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88811.html#msg88811

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This thread had been dead for 60 days till you bumped it back up. You like the original poster had not read the 100's of post on dowsing. If you/he had, you would have know that there is little interest here and was going to get ridiculed. And you on your 4th post decide to ridicule members actions on a very old post. Everyone has their opinion that was theirs   

Yes the post involving religion should be deleted but we have a no delete rule so it will stand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88816.html#msg88816

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline nuggetshooter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 03:58:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Zul32 - Guilty as charged!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11216.msg88833.html#msg88833

Darryl

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: