[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Okletsee
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by springcitydoc
I would buy her a Detector that offers better discrimination with ground tuning even if I had to buy a used one. Happy hunting with the wife.

I thought they all had ground tuning, and it was just a matter of manual or auto tuning.  If you're talking about BETTER ground tuning, what would that be? (as I am looking for a new Garrett MD).

Posted on: December 20, 2010, 11:50:35 AM
Quote:Posted by springcitydoc
I would buy her a Detector that offers better discrimination with ground tuning even if I had to buy a used one. Happy hunting with the wife.

What would better ground tuning look like?  They are either manual or auto, right? 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg132722.html#msg132722

Offline springcitydoc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Spectrum XLT's
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

after I made my post and read it, I realized my Frequency error.. Thanks.   Also it makes me wonder with the Ace 350 Freq. being higher than the XLT there wouldn't be near the interference there is with the 150 & 250's ??. About ground tuning.. I believe the difference in ground tune is how well the machine trac's the ground changes in mineralization or manually, how well you do setting it. The Ace 150 and 250's have one setting for any and all ground conditions, there is nothing automatic about that. Do the 150 & 250's offer ground tracking?  That is why I believe the coil is set so hot. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but how else are you going to override mineralization changes in the ground if there is no automatic tracking.  Again don't get me wrong for the money the 150 and 250 are a good buy, from what I have read they have sold over 300,000 units in Europe since they came out.  Happy Hunting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg133059.html#msg133059

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: