[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GooniePirateTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:23:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have been looking on the forums and I don't see much of anything on the Ace 350.  My wife looked at some detectors at our local shop and she liked the 350. Looks like a fine machine for her first one. Anyone have any input?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg127530.html#msg127530

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:43:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That detector just came out last month and is a small step above the Ace 250. According to early field tests, it's a banging hot machine and worth the small extra in price. It's light weight and streamlined. I'd go for it and if she doesn't like it, you keep it. If you don't like it, send it to me. I'll dispose of it for you.

Sound like a plan? Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg127542.html#msg127542

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline twangator
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter VLF
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

I usually MD in Mexico during my vacations with family and vacation time is coming up, so I decide to buy the Ace 350 to see if I would like it and so far it is a great machine.  I have only tried it at the beach here in So Cal. I have taken it out 5 times and I have found 30+ coins a sterling silver earing and a bronze volley ball medal in an area where i see people MD almost every day.  So far i like it and recomend it.  We will have to see how this puppy does in the deserts in Mexico.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg127593.html#msg127593

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 06:38:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the replies!
GD we tend to keep the toys! Although she did say I should let a few of the RC planes go to good homes.........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg128525.html#msg128525

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:02:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I love flying my RC planes but competing hobbies means less time with my bride. I need to keep my (her) priorities straight. Know what I mean?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg128683.html#msg128683

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:51:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I love flying my RC planes but competing hobbies means less time with my bride. I need to keep my (her) priorities straight. Know what I mean?

Yes I do......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg128704.html#msg128704

Offline springcitydoc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Spectrum XLT's
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:38:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Ace 150, 250's and 350's  have an operating Freq. of 8.25. While hunting with a buddy of mine who had the Ace 250, I noticed his machine caused a great deal of interference with my White XLT and from well over 20 yards away.  A Hot Coil to get the depth and to over ride not having a ground tune is my guess. I also noticed he dug a lot of junk, which I think discouraged him a little... that will discourage any newbie pretty quick.  I think the Ace's are a good machine, don't get me wrong but, if I were truly interested in having MY WIFE join me in treasure hunting, I would buy her a Detector that offers better discrimination with ground tuning even if I had to buy a used one. Happy hunting with the wife.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg129202.html#msg129202

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:00:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

She wants a machine with target ID. She doesn't like my Vaquero because of the not having an ID feature. She looked at the Whites Coinmaster Pro also. She wants to spend about 300. Our local dealer carries Whites, Tesoro, Fisher, and Garrett.
Any info or suggestions will be appreciated.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg129280.html#msg129280

Offline springcitydoc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White Spectrum XLT's
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:01:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

If I were you I would call

Please Register or Login

www.Kellycodetectors.com
  1-888-535-5926 They will answer all your questions and then some. They are a very good company and carry about every breed of detector there is.. They will give you the right advise.  Maybe in the next 2 or 3 days you will get some input from other owners.  I used a Tesoro Golden Saber for years before I purchased a White XLT.  I couldn't tell you if the coin master is a better machine than the Ace 350 when I haven't had the experience with either. I can tell you, I believe in White Electronics for they produce several good machines and they have the best customer relation and owner satisfaction bar none. I would  go to youtube.com and check out the videos on metal Detectors. See how the Ace 350 works, there are a number of videos.  Last but not least research the reviews on both machines.  I absolutely believe your money ahead getting the 350 over the Ace 150 or 250.  but give kellyco a call first and see what they say about the coin master pro.   I'm sorry I can't be of better help to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg129587.html#msg129587

Offline vresak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 04:34:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by springcitydoc
The Ace 150, 250's and 350's  have an operating Freq. of 8.25. While hunting with a buddy of mine who had the Ace 250, I noticed his machine caused a great deal of interference with my White XLT and from well over 20 yards away.  A Hot Coil to get the depth and to over ride not having a ground tune is my guess. I also noticed he dug a lot of junk, which I think discouraged him a little... that will discourage any newbie pretty quick.  I think the Ace's are a good machine, don't get me wrong but, if I were truly interested in having MY WIFE join me in treasure hunting, I would buy her a Detector that offers better discrimination with ground tuning even if I had to buy a used one. Happy hunting with the wife.

Operating frequency for:
 Ace 150 and 250    ------- 6.5 kHz
  Ace 350   -------  8.25 kHz

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19436.msg132412.html#msg132412

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: