[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JuggheadTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:38:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My new AT Pro arrived, like everyone elses', in the middle of winter.  Last week, I couldn't stand it any longer, and took it out for a quick look around an old homesite on my 50 acre farm.  Braving the 20 degree weather and 15 mph wind, I found a civil war stirrup about a foot deep.  The next day warmed up to 45 degrees, so I headed to an old homeplace which I had previously hunted with my GTI 2500.  The place was covered with old rusty nails and other assorted rusty metal, so I had only found a couple of wheaties, one Merc and a few other coins.  The AT Pro was in it's element!  In a couple of hours, I had 27 coins, which consisted of two Mercs, ten wheaties and various other coins.  Also dug an old whistle and a silver ring, which my wife laid claim to.  The learning curve is steep, and I know I left a lot of nickels, but three of the coins I dug were eight inches deep under large rusty nails.  Unbelievable!  Many of the previous sites I hunted are also covered in nails and ferrous metal, so now I get to start over!  No telling how many good targets have been passed over with my other detectors due to masking.  As great a detector as the 2500 is, it looks like the AT Pro is going to be my serious machine for trashy areas.  Target separation is incredible.  Thanks Garrett.  HH.  Jugg.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20277.msg133397.html#msg133397

Offline Dirt Devil
Bronze Member

I'M DIGGIN IT
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

770.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett gta 1000
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:31:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Been looking at both the GTI 2500 and AT pro.
Currently own a GTA 1000 but its getting some years on it
and I"m thinkin it might be time for a upgrade.
Thinkin I may be missing some coins with this older model.

Since you have both sounds like you may be the go to person for comparison.
I'm mainly a coin shooter and would like a machine that strives in this area.

With that being said which one of the 2 would you recomend for coin shooting.
I Know the AT pro doesn't have the visual ID but not sure that it is all that important.
I'm stuck between the 2 machines,please hep me decide which one I should purchase.
I know there are pros and cons with all machines so could you list some
of your likes and dislikes of both machines.

Your impute is greatly appreciated

V-burgh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20277.msg133398.html#msg133398

Offline JuggheadTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 07:53:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

V-burgh....I've been doing this for 43 years now, and have owned several Garrett detectors.  I presently own an old ADS 7, Ace 250, GTI 2500, and now the AT Pro.  The imaging is great on the 2500, and for the most part it is quite accurate.  I have made many good finds with it in the year that I've had it.  Just for the heck of it, sometimes I would dig hits that registered smaller than coins......and find a coin!  I know, you're supposed to dig 'em all, but at 64 years of age, my interest level drops precipitously after 10 or 15 lbs of junk, so I tend to gloss over most tab tops, anything larger than a coin and rust signals.  With the AT Pro, all that is a thing of the past.  With very limited experience using the Pro, I must say that of the two, the Pro is more reliable, has much faster recovery time, and finds coins under, over and around those damnable NAILS!  I make a mental note of the digital value of each dug coin, and after awhile one should be able to predict with some certainty what's in the ground.  Depth is serious, and 10-12" coins are not unusual, though most are found at 6-8".  Though these AT Pros are turn-on-and-go machines, especially in Standard mode, the Pro mode with different tones may prove a little much for beginners, so keep an eye on EBay for used units.  Luck.  Jugg.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20277.msg133421.html#msg133421

Offline Dirt Devil
Bronze Member

I'M DIGGIN IT
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

770.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett gta 1000
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:27:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Jugg...Thanks for the help.
Sounds like I'll be getting the PRO before spring time comes.
As far as the pull tabs go I'm with ya on that one.I normally discrim out pull tabs also.
The old back and legs can't seem to get down and dig them all day long like they use to.
A couple of nickles is not worth not being able to walk the next day.
However if I'm in a spot that is producing several coins I might turn off the dicrim and look
for some of those nickels as long as I'm not finding to many pull tabs.Bunch of pull tabs and
the discrim is back on.
Since you have been at this for a day or two I'm sure you have some nice finds....
How about sharing some pics of some of your finds with us,sure is nice to see what others
are finding with their MD.

As stated before thanks for your help and I hope you had a great holiday....

Regards
                          V-burgh

V-burgh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20277.msg133512.html#msg133512

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good info and thanks  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20277.msg133529.html#msg133529

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: