[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline findingmywayTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

infinium
« on: May 28, 2010, 05:53:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

want to know what's your opinion on it.....i have read so many good and bad reviews on this one....like to hear from guys who are using it....

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15073.msg96609.html#msg96609

Offline dinger45
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher x 1265 * Garrett ace 250  * Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:39:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have only had mine for a couple of weeks now but i'm getting use to it. there is a curve to learn but by practicing and using it seem to work well, very deep, i pulled a nickel at about 12".

I will be going to the coast in two weeks and will report the results of the hunt
First time on the beach and it did work well, had to do some tuning to get away from false signals. It would not ground balance by bobbing it up and down as the manual says, so had to run it on slow and turn the discrimination up to about 2 so that the signals would stop sounding off at the end of the swing.

Found a Quarter at 18" and a small pull tab at about the same depth. Only found some change and some junk but it has incredible depth. The only draw back it the weight even with the controls on the hip the 14" coil gets heavy after an hour or two. Will be going out again tomorrow to try again and will report back again with my finds. By the way this is on the California beach, not a lot of black sand but high mineralization soil.
Back from the beach and i love this thing, it is funny how you go from " i don't think i like this machine" to this is a great unit. Its all about practice and just keep trying and it starts to come around.

On the beach you dig everything but you also start to hear different sound and start learning what they are. I hear and read about this person finding rings and it doesn't sink in until it happens to you.

Last Saturday i dug a mens wedding band at 14" it was Titanium and Silver and it rang out with a high-low-highhhhhhhh. I had never heard it string out like that at the end, now i know what to listen for.

I think anyone purchasing an infinium even with a lot of experience need to practice a lot but when you have it down it is Something.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15073.msg102637.html#msg102637

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: