[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SteveoTopic starter
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:06:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Been away for some time at a new work site.I just got the 1350 last week and I'm going through all the features.Picking up some clad change here and there so far.I found that the profiling is kind of a pain to use plus you have to remember to hit the button once again to return to detecting mode .
Besides that I have no other beef with this machine and I think were going to work out just fine.
Any other 1350 users out there ?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26840.msg189297.html#msg189297

Offline mudfoot
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre, Garrett GTP 1350
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There must be a few of us but not a lot.  I've had mine for only 2 Summers but I spend a lot of time with my Tesoros.  My hands are fairly worn out and that 1350 takes a toll pretty quickly.

I just got a 4.5 inch sniper coil for it but have only used it once.  It's an impressive little coil except that it feels like I'm waving around a hockey puck on a stick. 

I agree with you about the profiling so I don't use it much.  Strangely, with the sniper coil you still have to swing the full 14 inches for the profiling to work. 

I hunted a park last weekend (with a Vaquero) that seems to have a lot of good signals in a fairly small area.  That area was pretty heavily used and I didn't want to dig it up too much.  My plan is to cover that area with the 1350 so I can see the target ID and depth and try to pop the coins out.

Overall I think they're really good detectors and I'm more impressed each time I use mine.

Have you found any of the instruction video for the 1350 yet?  Those helped me a lot.  There's also some good operating tips posted on another site somewhere too.

Good luck with yours and try to leave some of good stuff for me, ok?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26840.msg189545.html#msg189545

Offline SteveoTopic starter
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:41:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good to hear from you Mudfoot
So your also a silver umax user,cool. A great machine when your hunting by solid tone hits.I hunt a older ball field just down the street.I don't actually hunt the field itself,I hunt to the left or right of the foul line.I started there this spring with my silver umax and I'm finding mostly clads "quarters and dimes" and a bunch of wheaties of all kinds of dates, nothing too old yet.Hey I just like digging up coins older or newer period.Now I 'm working off the third base line with the 1350 starting from the back stop and moving towards the outfield and getting a descent amount of hits of clads seems like every 10 feet or so.I'm just going to keep on keeping on and we'll see what comes up.
My only computer access is at work and corporate will not allow access to most videos plus other things,hell I feel lucky I have access to this forum  Cheesy
I have did some reads on tips and tricks with Garrett's machines here and there.It's still new to me so I'm just playing around with the 1350 and getting use to it.I have nick named it the GREEN BRICK ,I look at like a work out to pump up the guns  Grin
Maybe next year I'll get the sniper coil " ha,puck" On this side of the field I'm not running into a lot of scrap so the stock coil is OK for now.
Not to worry Mudfoot I'm sure I'll leave plenty for you to find.   Wink
Where are you from Mudfoot?
Till next time my friend
Take care and may lady luck be with you.....   Great Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26840.msg189592.html#msg189592

Offline Dan-Pa.
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-Fisher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

No depth demon but they like gold rings..Make sure you dig that block right below nickle as thats where the womens thin gold rings some with nice stones come in. Should serve you well as its an accurate unit that works well..Good luck with your new toy.... Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26840.msg189599.html#msg189599

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: