[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MetalMasterTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

655.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:56:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Garrett AT Pro in salt water is responsive if you ground balance first. Either Manual are auto every time you move deeper are shallow.

But the tip is to slow way down in the water. I move the coil about a foot per second.

It responds to the metals with a slow rise in volume till centered under the coil. Center means dead center also. Not just under the coil. Keep that in mind. The DD coil sound is loudest at the center over the metal object. Sometimes you miss this if your moving the coil to fast. Pay closer attention to the sounds.

So I advance the coil over lapping by at least half the coil width. Slow going for sure but
you will detect things you where missing before in the water.

I also try to get in rhythm with the waves. Letting there movement and action swing the coil in a slower rhythm. Works well and is less tiring to do in the water at the beach.

On the sand I quicken my swing to about 3 feet per second, but still over lap the coil by half. I have went behind others MD and have picked up what they have left. I have done this time and again, they just seem to hurry way to much.

They allways seem in a hurry to go to a new spot. Swing the coil way to fast and not over lapping the coil over past passes. Play closer attention to the spot you are at. You will be surprised how much more you will find if you are thorough.

Besides if you did your homework you are at the part of the beach expect to produce anyway. So why hurry to go some where else?

Wise

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36642.msg224523.html#msg224523

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:00:10 am by MetalMaster, Reason: title »
Offline OBX BUM
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 09:40:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just read your post about hunting saltwater beaches with the AT Pro.  Thanks for the info.  I was experiencing the problems described by those you were replying to and was beginning to get really frustrated.  The ATP has absolutely blown me away with it's performance on dry land but I have felt I was not able to use it nearly as effectively on the beach.  I have been so busy hunting and trying to learn my new machine that I have not been on the net to soak up the free knowledge from you guys who have already figured it out.  I just sent my machine back to Garrett because of a minor problem with the LCD screen so I will be doing my hunting with my old trusty Ace 200 - you read it right, I said 200 - which has NEVER ONCE let me come back home empty handed.  Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread.

Can't wait til my Pro gets back.

OBX BUM

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36642.msg237118.html#msg237118

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: