[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hunter12Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab ext 505, compadre.
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm thinking of getting my wife a detector. Money is thight right now, So i'm looking at a garrett ace 150, tesoro campadre, or a fisher f2, also may be a low end bounty hunter. I lean towards the garrett because i'v heard good things about them.i have a mine lab xt505. I think she would like somthing with a screen on it . wich leaves the tesoro out.Whats a good recomendation to go with. grand kids will use it too. Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg170415.html#msg170415

S.P.Q.R. minelab ext 505, Compadre. pro pointer.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:34:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

G Day Mate, welcome to Thunting from London Via Australia,

Now I was'nt sure at first what to recommend and as soon as you mentioned Kids the ansewer is easy go with the F2
thats a good light machine with a screen and it if the kids loose interest then you have'nt blown all ya money

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg170416.html#msg170416

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You'd do well with either the 150 or the F2 (I've got a used F4 that I really enjoy).

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg170513.html#msg170513

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:07:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hunter12
OH too bad the tesoro line was not a machine of your interest.But I guess if you want a display then that would leave the lowed end tesoro's out.
AU and BA both with great suggestions "as usual"  I have the 150 and it's a good little machine that has made some decent finds for me.There is two things about the 150 that 'myself' doesn't care for. First the silver high bell tone,still not use to that ,bling,bling,bling " your door is ajar"  Crazy
Second,which I don't use the display screen.But if one does want to use the display you will find that the screen is tiny,and if you don't have a good set of peepers on you you will have to stoop over to read the screen.I tried to use the screen a few times since it was there and I have 20/20 "the last time I was checked" and I found it tough to see it,even harder when it real bright out.

AU and BA  What about the Bounty Hunter line? I seen it was brought up by Hunter12.
I have never "yet" owned a newer unit from that line of machines.I know the lower end units are very affordable,also  I have not heard a lot of negatives about these units.
What do you guys think ?
I hope you find the right machine for your wife and grandchildren,,,,, good luck  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg171442.html#msg171442

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Shootin4Coal
AU and BA  What about the Bounty Hunter line? I seen it was brought up by Hunter12.
I have never "yet" owned a newer unit from that line of machines.I know the lower end units are very affordable,also  I have not heard a lot of negatives about these units.
What do you guys think ?

There was a period of time when Bounty Hunter (deserved or otherwise) had a less than great QA reputation.   That does not seem to have been a problem, though, since the parent company bought the Fisher line.  Therefore, I feel comfortable looking at any Bounty Hunter made in the last few years.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg171444.html#msg171444

Offline hunter12Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab ext 505, compadre.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:22:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'v been reading, The tesoro compadre is in, I'm looking at that one too.What do you know about that one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg171491.html#msg171491

S.P.Q.R. minelab ext 505, Compadre. pro pointer.

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've never known anyone who had one who didn't like it.    And I've known a lot of serious detectorists who have added more advanced detectors to their arsenal who keep reaching for the compadre.   It's an excellent choice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg171496.html#msg171496

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

My Compadre never fails me. Light and easy to use. When I bring a newbie into the hobby, I hand it to them as their first machine to try. Never once had a complaint. Except one gal complained about her sore legs the next day from digging, standing, digging, standing . . .

She walked up to me the next day hobbling like a rodeo cowboy after a long cattle drive. The look on her face was focused concentration. One step in front of the other. Oh, the pain.

She had found over 100 targets,of which 30 or so were trash. Good work, little Compadre. Good lad!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg172879.html#msg172879

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Shootin4Coal
What do you guys think ?

G Day Steveo well as I have done alot of testing on the F4 and the F2 and I owned the F4, I would go with one of them but
seeing as you mentioned Tesoro well in the past years they have found more of this countries very old coin ETC because
they were cheap, powerful and very sharp at working in Iron infested sites so I'd have to say either of these two would be
my choice, The Tesoro is very underated but they are basic yes but they do the job without pretending to be something it's not

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg172888.html#msg172888

Offline warrenmonty71
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

660.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Fisher F2, White's Spectrum XLT
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 12:50:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have the Garrett Ace 250 and the Fisher F2 and both work great. I use the Ace more for deeper items because I have the 10x14 DD on it but like the display and 4 tones better on the F2. Either machine will do well and for the price both are great machine.The F2 is alot easier with pinpointing on small targets and is not as loud as the Ace.       Warren Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23610.msg173348.html#msg173348

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: