[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline eyelessTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:02:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Almost every ghost town place on the internet list these places as ghost towns in Arizona:
Jerome
Bumblebee
Cleator
Crown king

As of October 2, 2010 I can tell they are not ghost towns- Jerome (tourist attraction,shops), Bumblebee (occupied homes private property)   Cleator (Saloon,occupied homes private property), full town at Crown king (Saloon,general store, fire dept, occupied homes private property)

The most you can do in these areas is: Photo opportunity's, camping (take a shovel mandatory).

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118617.html#msg118617

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:59:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Eyeless

Ghost towns are towns dictated by circumstances on the demographics of population, employment and environment. A town that becomes a ghost town and some times become resurrected due to mineral discovery, mineral prices or by a number of reasons. Some have been resurrected, others have died completely and others became tourist destinations. There are many examples of this on this website all interesting none the least.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118643.html#msg118643

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:17:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, Hardluck
I wish some one would have told me this sooner, I live in Phoenix,AZ. and was looking for a deserted ghost town to metal detect in. Any leads on deserted Ghost towns in AZ, suitable for Metal detecting?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118769.html#msg118769

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
72%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

eyeless, go attend an Arizona Treasure Unlimited meeting (

Please Register or Login

http://www.aztreasures.org/
  )  We meet at 7pm on the third Monday of every month down at the old Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum down by the state capitol.   Or, you can go to the Barton Burr Library and go up to the Arizona Collections room and look through Those Forgotten Places -- Vol 1, Arizona by McNabb (unfortunately, there is no longer a circulating copy available).   The book is organized by county and is chock full of "lost sites" (of course, you still need to make sure you get proper permission and don't violate any laws, but this book will have sites that do not appear in the majority of ghost town books and definitely do not appear on the web sites.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118777.html#msg118777

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:39:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks BitburgAggie_7377 ,
I will admit after reading some of the stories here about lost treasures, I got gold fever.
I settled down some now, and will stick to area's around my house.
I take my 7 year old granddaughter with me and she get's a pleasure out of every cent we find.
She wants to go treasure hunting everyday now(she is on spring break).
I do ask for permission first, and I found out the Park rangers encourage it. Especially around the children playground.
They just ask me to put any trash, needles, and other dangerous things in a trash can.
Here is a picture of coins and a silver fork we found in about an hour of detecting. One of the coins was a Mexican 10 peso it has become her favorite.
Thank you for the invitation to the Arizona Treasure Unlimited meeting , I might take you up on it.

Posted on: October 06, 2010, 04:55:54 AM
While up in the Crown king, AZ area, we spotted several deer and this one lend it self to a photo opportunity. I circled the deer in red.
When I asked my daughter if she could spot it , she pointed out the black thing  that I also circled in red. What was it?
I have no idea . I did not spot it when I snapped the picture. The deer was not afraid of it ,so I imagine it was nothing.
But then again the deer did not seem to be afraid of me, and it was like 20 feet away when I first seen it.
In my above posting,  I may seemed disappointed that the ghost towns where inhabited, I was .
We did enjoy the trip (wife went with me) and we had a lot of fun as we both love the outdoors and noted future camping spots. The people there were very friendly and it gave us a chance to get out of the Phoenix heat.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118936.html#msg118936

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Picture 062w.jpg
Picture 066.jpg

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:57:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Eyeless

Its pleasing to see you have had some fun metal detecting with your grand daughter. that is the best treasure of all.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg118938.html#msg118938

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:34:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Hardluck,
My Granddaughter is my greatest treasure, It amazes me how fast she picks up on everything I teach her.
I can question her a week later on something and she recalls details, pointers, exactly.
Her now favorite coin is a Kennedy half piece we found. We got her a little box to put everything we find in and it has become her treasure chest. She refuses to put anything in it, that was not found by the metal detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg119251.html#msg119251

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 11:49:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by eyeless
Thanks Hardluck,
My Granddaughter is my greatest treasure, It amazes me how fast she picks up on everything I teach her.
I can question her a week later on something and she recalls details, pointers, exactly.
Her now favorite coin is a Kennedy half piece we found. We got her a little box to put everything we find in and it has become her treasure chest. She refuses to put anything in it, that was not found by the metal detector.

That is just so cute. Pretty soon she'll need a much bigger box.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18312.msg119345.html#msg119345

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: