[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 01:00:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by salvor6
GD settle down. cccalco's last post said author David Keehn has a new book out and he will speak at the Virginia Historical Society. And that's a fact!
The content of his book is most likely fiction. There never was a connection between Booth and any organization. Done and dusted.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg273967.html#msg273967

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
he content of his book is most likely fiction.

99 per cent Bull sh$$ more conspiracy nonsense. How long do real hunters have to deal with this dumb a$$ crap. Its time for this bunch to leave.  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg273991.html#msg273991

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:19:22 am by GoldDigger1950 »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
99 per cent Bull sh$$ more conspiracy nonsense. How long do real hunters have to deal with this dumb a$$ crap. Its time for this bunch to leave.  

+1-110% and I would not of commented But now even name calling has become fashionable,

Salvor6, your such a Tease you Saucy Little Minks

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274036.html#msg274036

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:31:01 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In my opinion lots of the big time treasure is part of a conspiracy... I'm not talking about the the nickle n dime @`the totlot   Cool

It looks as though there are lots who do believe in the KGC.  If It is all fiction , then who started why & when ? & for what purpose ??

Perhaps GD & Seldom have the answer's as they no its not true and just fantasy ! ! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274055.html#msg274055

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just look at the Yammi Threads.   One person tells some something then they tell someone else .   Ever play that game in school?   You get a Circle say 10 people and the first person tells a 10 word story to the next who passes it on the next who passes it on .  When it gets back around to the person who started it, it's  nothing like was started.  People Omit, Add, change and the next person just hears what they hear.  

A treasure story may have been told a million times over the years.   The Chest of Gold may have started as John Jones Buried two silver Coins under the old Oak tree by the mill and for got what tree.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274057.html#msg274057

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:58:04 pm by homefire »
Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2014, 02:45:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I watch the show and spent a few days rolling it around in my head. I really wish better records were kept. From what I hear, Custer got his butt handed to him by Pancho Villa around the same time frame. There was not going to be any slaves made out of Mexico. Mexico was more than capable of not letting that happen. Remember the Alamo?

I also hear a lot about Jesse James being kgc, and staging his death. What he and his family did was so bad that they do not speak about it period. I had the opportunity to meet a James descendant, they dont talk about the family period. Being a distant relative to Ma Barker, I can tell you my dad many many years ago  confirmed what I have told you. Thats all you need to know.

I do believe the KGC exist as all military organizations has little secret clubs that are members only. Its just the nature of things. The Masons is just one of those organizations. They are not dangerous nor planning the come back from the loss of the civil war. Dont confuse officers and gentlemen with hoodlums and bandits. Im sure someone is going to produce 500 pages of proof. But Im sorry i dont believe it, 200 plus years of tradition, honor, and duty is all the proof I need about our military.

At the best guys are just guessing and have unproven theories. Your better off watching some old John Wayne westerns they are closer to the truth and more entertaining.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274064.html#msg274064

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:49:53 am by jhd »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2014, 03:08:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jhd
I do believe the KGC exist as all military organizations has little secret clubs that are members

How can you say that when they were just a  bunch of self gratifying theives and murderers, just like the modern day gangs and they dont deserve a place in history let alone on a Treasure forum, about the only place for them is on a Convicts self Help forum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274069.html#msg274069

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

My understanding was the southern officers of the time held their men to high standards. What little I could find to read was the KGC consisted of Officers mainly. So thats how I could say that.

I have a question, maybe someone can help. how long after the war did the KKK become a organization? I think that is where the ones you speak of may have ended up? They would have a better argument trying to pin Lincolns death and the enslavement of Mexico on the KKK.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274071.html#msg274071

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jhd
I watch the show and spent a few days rolling it around in my head. I really wish better records were kept. From what I hear, Custer got his butt handed to him by Pancho Villa around the same time frame. There was not going to be any slaves made out of Mexico. Mexico was more than capable of not letting that happen. Remember the Alamo?

JHD, you've got your history ALL screwed up.   Custer and Pancho Villa have nothing at all to do with each other.   They aren't even in the same time frame.  (although Custer is in the same time frame as the American Civil War having fought in it and is in the same time frame as the James Gang)   Custer "got his butt handed to him" by Sitting Bull and the Sioux, Cheyenne, and Arapaho Indians up near the US-Canada border.   Pancho Villa wasn't even born until after Custer was killed.   Furthermore he did his terrorizing way down south along the US Mexico Border 35 years after Custer died.

BA

Posted on: March 19, 2014, 03:41:03 pm
Also, neither GD or Seldom have ever said that an organization called the KGC never existed.    What they have said, repeatedly, is that the legend is WAY out of line with the known facts.   Their theory basically is that someone with a gift for story telling came across a historical account mentioning "Knights of the Golden Circle" (which would have been one of MANY pro-southern, pro-secessionist groups) and decided to make them central in a tale of conspiracy and intrigue.  One thing led to another and before you could say "Illuminati" or "black helicopters", KGC was at the center of everything related to Southern "resistance" pre and post-civil war.

As for the KKK.....they date their origin to December 1865 when 6 Confederate veterans met in Pulaski, Tennessee.   That is considered the first Klan.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274093.html#msg274093

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male